WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Plein Air
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#151   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 AM

A Brush with the Highlands, Ontario, Canada

A Brushwith the Highlands (abrushwiththehighlands@gmail.com)
Just a short note to plein air artistsin the northeast to consider attending next year’s event (first week of August2013). This is Canada’s largestpaint-out: two and a half days inHighlands East, about 5 hours from either Syracuse or Buffalo. As a firsttime attendee, I was really impressed with the spirit of camaraderie andnon-competitiveness. Tracey, theorganizer, even put on a free farewell barbecue with fun art contests andprizes so we could get together to compare notes! This event had both newbiesand full time painters and Tracey was able to give everyone a gift generouslyprovided by Guerilla Painter. I wasreally inspired by Carl Judson’snotebooks, which came in my gift bag; better than anything I have seen or readon plein air. Check out this year’sJuror’s Choice winner, a beautiful 30 x 36 split triad composition entitledIndigo Summer by Sheila Davis fromBeaverton.
Attached Images

#152   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2012, 04:06 AM

Re: Our Plein Air Shows, Awards, Workshops, Articles and Events

findung it difficult upload my work an items fr community . Please guide thoroughly. I am 77+ nd old member of WC

Dr.P.C.Bhatt
  #153   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2012, 04:34 AM
A Local Legend

that's gorgeous!
  #154   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 AM

Re: Review: William Wray

Beautiful!
  #155   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2014, 10:08 AM

I have just started painting outdoors and I can't seem to find anything interesting to paint, I know it must be beginners brain, but really where do I start, do you all take photos or paint the whole scene?
  #156   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2014, 05:25 PM

I use a view finder to help me find a scene. You can buy them or make one by cutting a picture mat into two 'L' shapes then hold them in the same shape as your panel to find a composition. A view finder will help you keep from being overwhelmed by the hugeness of the great outdoors. I suggest you take a look at Edgar Payne's 'Composition of Outdoor Painting'. You will find lots of examples of different compositions.