WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Pastels > Oil Pastel Society
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-01-2008, 10:55 PM
A WC! Legend
Tiger, GA

Hails from United States
Thumbs up 2008 Transitions Show

The 2008 Members Only Online Show is now open!

You will find it by going to the homepage for the Oil Pastel Society at

www.oilpastelsociety.com

and clicking on the link at the top of the page.

Enjoy the show!

carly
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2008, 11:08 PM

Re: 2008 Transitions Show

Its great that so many are using this versatile and vibrant medium. I sincerely hope that having an Oil Pastel society will continually attract a higher caliber of artists. If you keep this up I may have to join.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-05-2008, 06:20 PM
A WC! Legend
Tiger, GA

Hails from United States

lvedrene,
I hope that you will join us!! Now's a good time since everyone who joins from now until next year won't owe dues again until January, 2010!!

By the way, the top award winners have been posted on the front page of the site. Hope this helps everyone in finding the show more easily!

carly
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

I looked through the whole show and was impressed with everything. Very glad to see the Honorable Mentions and some of the other beautiful works that were entered and didn't win anything. The show is inspiring!

When is the next show? I didn't find anything on what time of year the show is held or when the theme gets announced, or what the rules of the OPS annual competition are. I'm looking forward to entering next year and it's a thrill to know it's online -- the judge's statement let me know the entries are online so I don't have to worry about shipping a large piece of art somewhere. It was interesting to see all the variations on the theme too.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Resting in Peace

Hails from United States

Hi Robert,
The show is usually held over the summer or early fall. All members get information about the upcoming show with rules and how to enter. It is open to all members and some guidelines will change for next year, but it is a members show and all will be represented. Not to worry you will know when the time is.

Pat
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-25-2008, 12:28 AM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Thanks! I am looking forward to it so much.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-26-2008, 10:38 PM
A Local Legend
Stevens Point, WI

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvedrene
Its great that so many are using this versatile and vibrant medium. I sincerely hope that having an Oil Pastel society will continually attract a higher caliber of artists. If you keep this up I may have to join.

lvedrene,
Sorry for missing your post until now, but I wanted to also let you know that we would love to have you join and participate. If you joined that would obviously contribute to the high caliber of the membership!

We would also love to have you check out the other forums in the OP Channel. Clicking on the "IMPORTANT INFO" link in my signature line will take you to a document giving you and overview of what's available.

We have a great bunch of folks and a wonderful time.

Bill
DREAM! LAUGH! LOVE! LIVE! (Various)

Last edited by Scarefishcrow : 11-26-2008 at 11:35 PM.