Next here are the rules: if you've done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we'd really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting list in the Art from Life forum:
Here are the rules for this Hunt:
* All items on the list must be sketched from life - not imagination or photo references.
* Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants.
* You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
* All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
Do as many or as few items as you like. You don't have to finish the entire list to participate! The Scavenger Hunt "week" will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups.
Photos of your subjects are also welcome.
Now the list:
1. A fan
2. an art box (Challenge #1 - Show contents)
3. A still life with a sperical, triangular, and cubic form
4. A bucket or pail
5. A growing plant
6. A landscape including trees
7. A collection of cleaning implements and supplies
8. A favorite chair
9. Something checkered
10. A hat (Challenge #2 - the head that it sits on)
11. a blooming seasonal flower
12. Before and after
13. A corkscrew
14. A switch
15. A piece of fabric (can be made into an item)
16. A mode of transportation
17. A communication device
18. Something musical
19. A bookcase (Challenge #3 - with contents)
20. A view from your favorite chair
21. A building
22. a pair of woman's shoes
23. a purse, sack, or pouch
24. a desk lamp or a floor lamp
25. two different fruits
26. a hot plate or trivet