WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art > Show Off Your Work > Glass Works Showcase
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2002, 10:50 PM
A Local Legend
Indiana

Hails from United States
Reference Image Library

The request has been made to add some new categories to the Reference Library for glassworks, so here ya go . Please note if you have added glassworks to the library recently, please edit your photos and change the category to one of the glass categories, thanks!

Reference Libary Changes!

There have been some exciting changes and additions to our WC! Reference Image Library System:

1. The "Member Personal Galleries" have been renamed, the category is now "Member's Contributions." This is to help clarify and reinforce the fact that the library is not a "virtual art gallery", but rather a resource built by the members here to provide reference photographs for all members to use.

2. With the addition of the Glass Art category, several members have requested a "Glass" addition to the library. The new "Glass" category currently has 3 subcategories: Beads & Marbles, Jewelry, and Functional Glass. Lots of the glass art members are willing to share their items for all of us to use as reference, and as more interest is created in that category, additional subcategories will be made.

3. We now have a category for "Art Objects". Share your "tools of the trade" here. Have an antique loom you are still using? A unique kiln, printing press, glass torch? Share those items in this new subcategory!

4. Remember the old GetAway 2000 photos? They are still there, the category has been re-named "GetAways & Gatherings" for all those great WC! happenings!

And now, some friendly reminders to all:

All images uploaded to the reference library are fair game to all other users of WC. Please upload only those photos that you own or can verify are copyright-free.

All images uploaded need to be placed in a category, given a title, keywords and descriptions. If you can't find a category that fits, drop me a line and we'll figure out where it needs to go! For example, I upload a flower photo into the flower category, you will be able to find it under my name in "Member's Contributions" as well be able to find it under the "Flowers" category. You would also be able to find flower photos by searching for the keyword "flower" and even more specific, the type of flower and perhaps the color, depending on the number of keywords I entered (You can add up to 10 keywords, no commas between the words please!) Doing these few simple steps gives flexibility to the library, and offers all members many ways to search for inspiration and references!

It is up to us as members of WC! to make the library the best it can be! As always, if you have any questions or suggestions about the library, please feel free to drop me a PM!

Thanks to everyone who contributes!

Ivy

Last edited by Ivyleaf : 07-07-2002 at 01:14 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2002, 11:07 PM
Enthusiast
Nebraska

Hails from United States
Thanks, Ivy! B2
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2002, 11:13 PM
Lord of the Arts
Mexico

Hails from Mexico
There you go everyone! I am hoping that we all contribute examples of different types of beads we make to the Library for a Reference Tool.

This was the surprise I was eluding to in a previous post....

Anyway I feel just aweful! All day I have been very sick, so I am sorry I didn't contribute today much at all. I just wanted to check in, I am off to bed and to take more asprin! I am sure tomorrow iwll be better.

Laura
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2002, 12:43 AM
Montana & California

Hails from United States
Thank you Ivy and Laura.
And Laura, I'm so sorry to hear that you have been sick. GET WELL!!!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2002, 12:45 AM
Lord of the Arts
Mexico

Hails from Mexico
I had some fun (naughty me) and I feel better already! I guess that did the trick hehe (don't let my daughter see this!) hehe

Laura
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2002, 11:34 AM
A Local Legend
Indiana

Hails from United States
Laura, you must not be feeling too awful then...lol...

Hope everyone enjoys the library, I will try to keep on top of everyone learning how to use it and if anyone has a question about it, please feel free to send me a PM.

Ivy
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2002, 03:20 PM
Utica, NY

Hails from United States
So how do we move our pics? Do we just re-upload the pics, or can we move them from their current location to the new. Any info would be cool. Thanks.
-pan
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2002, 03:34 PM
Immortalized
NYC area

Hails from Cape Verde
Thanks Ivy!

Laura, hope you're feeling better!

Beth
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2002, 07:23 AM
Utica, NY