Welcome to the March 2008 Pastel Strokes!
Those who have participated in previous months already know the guidelines. For all newbies to this monthly challenge, they are as follows:
* An individual volunteering to host the monthly project proposes to a guide or a moderator a new photo reference near the beginning of the month.
* The guide or moderator approves the host and reference photo and the selected host posts the project in Pastel Talk and also a thread in the Soft Pastel Studio with a link to the Pastel Talk project link.
* Interested participants create a painting from the photo and upload it to this thread for viewing and discussion.
* The image may be cropped, rearranged, and interpreted in any manner! Use different effects in your software program and try painting something different, tweak the color, add or subtract things. This is a friendly chance to share the creative venture. Have fun with it!
* You may paint as many versions as you like, and they may be any size.
These two photos are available to paint, and hopefully, they will prepare you for a fresh breath of spring to come after this chilly winter. The first was taken at the Kaufmann Memorial Gardens in Kansas City, Missouri, and the second at a lovely cottage garden close to Alma, Kansas in the picturesque Flint Hills. Have fun with this, and take care!