WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:21 AM

Hails from Romania
a few paintings

hello everyone, I'm new to WC and try different forums posting some of my work I have done since September '07: all the experience I posses you will see it here starting now.
c&c is more than welcome
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Enthusiast
leicestershire

Hails from England
Re: a few paintings

Hi Abi, and welcome to the forum.
I like all of the paintings you have presented to us here. Each one of them is charming and evocative in its own individual way. All of them are very expressive.
Your painting of the tree is particularly well executed, and I really like the atmosphere you have created with the simple blue palette in your landscape.
I like the simple composition of the seated figure by the wall, nice and to the point.
But my favourite has to be your dancer. This painting has great colour and vitality. A great celebration of the dance.
I hope you will post more of your work now that you have joined us.
I find it very refreshing.

Thomas.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Enthusiast
San Diego County

Hails from United States

Charming is the first word that came to me too. Love the kids in the snow piece!!

Welcome!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2008, 12:46 PM
A Local Legend
Upper Michigan

Hails from United States

Welcome, and thank you for sharing your work. I enjoyed viewing each one. I think the night scene is my favorite. Lots of diversity in your work. Looking forward to seeing more.

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Immortalized

Hails from Bolivia

Welcome !
Glad you have decided to join us!
What a wonderful collection of styles you have.
I am not sure if I like the first one (The person sitting on the sidewalk) or the children playing in the snow!
No matter they are all wonderful.
Keep up the good work.
~~Kathleen
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:06 PM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Some nice work here, though the figure in the first one is a little spooky.

The one with the children is lovely with the nice highlights on the snow and I like the background too.

The tree is really good, though the trunk seems to stop abruptly at the top.

The landscape is wonderful.

On the dancer, my favourite part is the ruffles on the skirt.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:30 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Thjanks for sharing your work with us too

I do like the Children - even though there are some problems with the composition, I like the way you treated it .... the winter trees are really good giving a nice cold feeling to the work. I like the way you kept the colour to the kids. There's a feeling of sunlight on them and the snow - but not on the houses?

The tree painting - I like the patterning of all the branches and the sense of looking up - good!

There's some good painting in the landscape - but also some rather crude areas - but these could quite easily be improved!

Good colour and brushwork in the dancer painting - vibrant and full of movement.

When you post the next painting, would you please tell us the size and what you've painted on ... canvas, board, paper? It helps us judge the work better

Looking forward to seeing more

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2008, 04:37 PM
A Local Legend
I currently live in Jacksonville Florida

Hails from United States

Welcome! Theres a great diversity to your work. Im sure we'll all benefit from your input..
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2008, 01:54 AM

Hails from Romania

Hello everyone and thank you for all your comments; I'm positive you will see me grow besides you ... I'm back again and if it's ok I will continue here with my next set of paintings
(small note: children scene & flamenco dancer are done on a canvas board , size 12x16, 8x10 is the lonely traveler & tree's size canvas board ; the last one, with the night scene is also done on canvas board size 11x14)
  1. this sunset board on canvas is my second painting I've ever painted (soon you'll see the 1st one too) I was done with it in about 1 1/H lots of fund doing it, I was inspired by Bob Ross, I like the idea in creating something beautiful in a very short time (a painter Utopia); I used brush and a few knife strokes
  2. the sea site I have created on a 12x16 canvas board and I found very difficult to create the water line/tides or something to look like it, over the sky I used both the knife & brush
  3. now this was my very first painting that I didn't like at all but someone did and bought it on ebay, it was done on a 20x16 stretched canvas over frame , I painted the sides too ... now don't think I got rich with after this sell ; I was just curious to see if anyone would be interested of such stile
  4. the starting point of this painting was one photo of a tornado and since I have no clue how to create a realistic tornado cloud I made it more as an abstract interpretation, 11x14 canvas on board
  5. the northern light , another painting I enjoy doing mixing the knife with brush strokes , I can't get the finish I'd like to have over the sky light, blending all colours together in a smooth transition this is a task I continue working on, one day I will have the perfect Northern Light sky - 11x14 canvas on board
Have a great weekend
Attached Images

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2008, 02:14 AM
Enthusiast
leicestershire

Hails from England

Abi,
All I can say to your second set of paintings is WOW!...WOW!...WOW!!!
You are going to put me to shame
Please don't ever stop painting.....you have a talent.

Thomas.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2008, 03:49 PM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Yes, good stuff. I have thought about painting northern lights, but never tried yet.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2008, 04:05 PM

Hails from Romania

Thomas that's very nice of you to say and gives me hope to go further on with this new hobby; I have visited your site and I must say I like the most your last watercolor winter scene and all the graphite work; a while after I started with acrylic I bought a few pencils and a 9x12 drawing booklet and tried my hand with a few photos , I liked the result even though it didn't resemble nothing from the original picture as it turns out also with my paintings it gave me that happiness you see in children's eyes when receive a new toy or his fav cake ; after almost a month of drawing i start painting again and at my surprise the brush was a bit estranged from my hand , I favored the pencil ...as I saw you mentioned the facial expression is my utter challenge and I love it ( I posted a few drawings on portraiture forum if you like to see them and give me some c&c ); coming back to my acrylic painting this next set is done on canvas boards except the indian , this one is again on a 16x20 (my biggest canvas size) stretched canvas over frame (an inspiration from an old half cross stitch needle point I have done )
  1. 9x10 - replica of "pescarita la Granville" bye Nicolae Grigorescu, a famous Romanian painter
  2. 11x14 an inspiration from another calendar , later on you'll see it in summer perspective
  3. 11x14 this bird gave me a big headache after I finished his head and neck, till here everything was just fine but the body, the wings and tail was a tough challenge, the grass & back ground I did it only with the knife
  4. most of the indian I've done it by brush but the grass is on knife
  5. around Christmas time I did this 8x10 piece after a photo i fell in love from the net it looks just like my son when he was about 3 years old.
As I've mentioned 16x20 is my largest canvas due to lack of work space I use my computer desk , I listen to music, chat a bit with my friends and paint or draw. I would like though to have a small studio to paint larger one and start on oil medium. Till next time, take care & best wishes
Attached Images

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Immortalized
Victoria, Australia

Hails from Australia

Abi Welcome. I have just spent a very enjoyable time looking at your delightful range of paintings .
You seem very keen and you are not afraid to tackle a wide range of subject matter...Bravo! I think my favourites are the children in the snow and the bird in the last series.
Sandy
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2008, 04:27 PM
2nd Star to the Right and on until Morning.

Smile Re: a few paintings

Hello and welcome!
Thank you so much for sharing your artwork with us. I simply adore all of your paintings with trees, they have a definitive style that I hope you never lose as you learn.

Energetic, lively and fresh are just a few of the words that describes your art.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Lord of the Arts
bronx, ny

Hails from United States

Hello and welcome to the forum Abi
I really enjoy your style and couldn't pick a favorite from all those different ones...unique and fresh approach. All I can say is..keep em coming
Soni