WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art > Let's Talk > Glass Technical Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2008, 09:54 AM

Lightbulb Want to sell Oxygen Concentrator - Need Suggestions Please

Hi,
Let me say up front that I do not work in glass. I do, however, have an Oxygen Concentrator that I need to sell and understand this craft can use them.

I was going to list it on eBay, but don't know what all is useful. I have an Invacare Platinum 5 Oxygen Concentrator, Invacare Venture Homefill II, the table/stand for it, 3 HF2PCL6 tanks, 1 shoulder bag/carrier for them, 1 large 3' tank (don't know the model number) with two-wheeled carrier. I attached a picture of everything for reference.

Should I list everything together or do you just use the Concentrator by itself? Do you use the tanks at all?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks! Jeff
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Colorado Springs, CO

Hails from United States
Re: Want to sell Oxygen Concentrator - Need Suggestions Please

Ebay will not let you list it. They used to if you stated they were for hobby use only but now they won't even let you do that. I know lampworkers use concentrators but have no clue about the tanks.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast
Poetry, TX...

Hails from United States

Hi Jeff,

Everything you have for sale can be used by the lampworker. You may want to list the concentrators and bottles seperate. If you already have a concentrator, you don't use bottled O2. Since I have a concentrator, I can't help you with the O2. Helpful information would be the maximum LPM, if there are hoses to attach to the torch that come with it, how many hours the unit has (should be a numerical meter somewhere) , if it's been cleaned and if so when and also if there is a manual that comes with it.

Were these medical units?

The stand is definately an added plus for those who don't have the table top room in their studios.

You may also want to try Craig's list. This would be something you probably don't want to mail but have someone come and pick it up locally.

You can also list it in the Glass Swap Shop (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=295) and also on LE in their Garage Sale area. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)

Be sure to give your location for pick-up option.

I am no expert but I hope I've helped you some.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2008, 12:20 PM

Thank you for the replies. They have been extremely helpful!

I have seen other concentrators just recently on eBay, so didn't know they restricted them. I'll try some of the other locations as well.

Thanks again!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Colorado Springs, CO

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkJeff
Thank you for the replies. They have been extremely helpful!

I have seen other concentrators just recently on eBay, so didn't know they restricted them. I'll try some of the other locations as well.

Thanks again!

You can try ebay but from what I have seen they are yanked as soon as the powers that be see them. My friend was bidding on 2 that were pulled. That was pretty frustrating!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Lawndale, CA

Hails from United States

Jeff,
I agree with Barbara. Try the wetcanvas link or the LE garage sale. You can also try listing in Craig's list.

Good luck.
Inez
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Enthusiast
Whittier, CA

Hails from United States

Unfortunately selling it to bead makers will not result in sale anywhere near what you paid for it. Most beadmakers buy concentrators for about $250-$300 - and these are concentrators with thousands of hours of use which are no longer good for medical purposes. Have you enquired with local medical supply stores if they buy back used medical concentrators? Unlike what was said here, most of the other bottles and filler would not be usable by beadmakers because they need large amounts of oxygen to work their torches. The small bottles are too small to carry much oxygen needed for a torch. The 3 footer MIGHT be usable for a person demonstrating beadmaking like at a gallery - but not much use on a day to day basis. The refill unit MIGHT be usable only if someone could use it to fill existing tanks of oxygen and the fitting would have to be checked against regular tanked oxygen bottles (not the small ones you have, but the big tanks). It's a crying shame they charge you thousands of dollars for the setup you have, and you can hardly get anything back on it. You might also enquire with the doctor that prescribed it for your relative (assumption) to let them know it is for sale and perhaps they would refer a patient to you for purchase. Good luck
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2008, 10:44 PM

Thank you for the continued comments. I did post on the Lampworketc forum and have had some comments/interest as well.

I kind of figured the bottles were too small for torches, but didn't know for sure. Thanks for the confirmation. Someone on the LE forum also asked about using the filler for larger tanks. I suggested they might be able to take the fitting off of a small tank and connect it to a tank filler line.

The concentrator does have thousands of hours on it now, so probably isn't suited for medical use anymore. It's my understanding that it requires a prescription to buy/sell it as a medical device also. Just for the record, this is not for medical use, but for glasswork... Thanks!
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Lansing, MI

Hails from United States

Another point - the tanks you have are medical tanks. They use a totally different regulator than the welding-type tanks that lampworkers use. They are NOT interchangable.

Some would dispute that cats were ever domesticated but, in fact, have learned how to squeeze free food, shelter, and affection out of a gullible race of upright apes who don't know when they're being taken for a ride.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2008, 02:51 PM

Oh. Good point. I had no idea.

I think I'm just going to list everything separately on www.auction-warehouse.com. It's free for both parties. I can post a message here when I do if anyone's interested. Thanks!
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkJeff
Hi,
Let me say up front that I do not work in glass. I do, however, have an Oxygen Concentrator that I need to sell and understand this craft can use them.

I was going to list it on eBay, but don't know what all is useful. I have an Invacare Platinum 5 Oxygen Concentrator, Invacare Venture Homefill II, the table/stand for it, 3 HF2PCL6 tanks, 1 shoulder bag/carrier for them, 1 large 3' tank (don't know the model number) with two-wheeled carrier. I attached a picture of everything for reference.

Should I list everything together or do you just use the Concentrator by itself? Do you use the tanks at all?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks! Jeff

Try calling oxygenplus medical systems. www.oxygenplusmedical.com