Here is another update to the portrait. I started layering more color and working around the face and the other eye. I had a lot of trouble with the eye and it just got too mushy so I will probably go in and work on it some more after the OPs set up.
1. Sennelier, #34, burnt umber.
2. Sennelier, #230, rose ochre. I did add some white to the edge of the cheek.
3. Holbein. # 26G, venetian red, #3 a comparable Senn color may be #231
4. Senn, #202, geranium Lake lt., also on bottom lip with white added. /the shadow on the bottom lip is Senn. #217 cobalt violet lt.
5. Senn. #217, Cobalt violet lt.
6. Holbein #26G venetian red #1
I went on to add more color layers and work around the edges to get rid if the drawing lines. I used the same color shaper to do this. I then tried to establish some darks.
I put in the underside of the hat.
1. Sennelier #8, bordeaux mixed with Senn #27, purple.
2. & 3. I started adding hair color using a mixture of browns and yellows.
Senn. # 36, burnt sienna, #9 van dyke brown, #243 earth brown, Holbein #26A, oxide yellow, #4.(comparable Senn.#20)
I also adde Senn #13, yellow grey to some of the lighter areas.
Next I will fx the eye and try to get all the colors layed in and then go back and start working on the details.
Does this answer your questions, Nico. I do use a little oil pencil, dark brown around the eyes as well as indigo blue.