WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Georgia

Hails from United States
Jeremiah 29;11

MY IMAGE(S):

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Jeremiah 29;11
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Board
Dimension: 24X30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Any comments would be welcome. Please remember this is a very personal piece. It was very well received when shown with 2 others in this series at the hospital where I get my chemo treatments. This was started w/Golden Liguid Acrylics, Gac 100 was used before that w/ lettering done first, and moved to completion w/ tube acrylics, Gold Leaf was added for impact and interest.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Is there anything you believe should have been done differently. I have used the cruciform image in all 3 paintings and have also carried it into other paintings of different subject matters. My photography abilities really don't do this justice. I should let someone else photograph my work, I never seem to get it right. My photo makes it appear that my image lines are not straight and perpendicular, they really are!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2007, 12:23 PM

Re: Jeremiah 29;11

Your paintings are very well done, very inspiring! I wish you the best of luck with your chemo treatments, my husband is a cancer survivor too!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2007, 02:54 PM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada

what's not to like?

very pretty, lively, inspiring, bright, warm

liking it much

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Lord of the Arts
South Florida

Hails from United States

Beautiful
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

I've looked at this thread a couple times
both times, the first image blows me away
I realize it's just part of the whole...but that one part is a painting in itself
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Veteran Member

This is a very special painting. Your strength and conviction come thru. I appreciate you taking the time for us to see this.................Sometimes things come at the right time and the meaning is meant for others as well............Thank you john
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-24-2007, 05:09 AM
Georgia

Hails from United States

Thank you all for the positive comments. I will try to post the other 2 I have completed in this series... just kinda slow at this, not really sure about what I am doing, not too computer saavy on these type of things. This is in my opinion the best of the 3 I have done so far in this series... it just flowed out of me....I know it had to be a God thing! My oncologist wants me to give this one to him, I think I will hold out, he could always but it if he really wants it that badly. I would like to enter it in more shows yet....
mnleckrone
mnleckrone
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-24-2007, 05:10 AM
Georgia

Hails from United States

Thank you all for the positive comments. I will try to post the other 2 I have completed in this series... just kinda slow at this, not really sure about what I am doing, not too computer saavy on these type of things. This is in my opinion the best of the 3 I have done so far in this series... it just flowed out of me....I know it had to be a God thing! My oncologist wants me to give this one to him, I think I will hold out, he could always buy it if he really wants it that badly. I would like to enter it in more shows yet....
mnleckrone
mnleckrone
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-24-2007, 05:14 AM
Georgia

Hails from United States

Thank you all for the positive comments. I will try to post the other 2 I have completed in this series... just kinda slow at this, not really sure about what I am doing, not too computer saavy on these type of things. This is in my opinion the best of the 3 I have done so far in this series... it just flowed out of me....I know it had to be a God thing! My oncologist wants me to give this one to him, I think I will hold out, he could always buy it if he really wants it that badly. I would like to enter it in more shows yet....
mnleckrone
mnleckrone
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:49 PM
A Local Legend
Ukiah California

Hails from United States

a masterful work! Full of beauty and meaning.

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Georgia

Hails from United States

well, I see my reply finally posted.... Lots of times...SORRY
mnleckrone
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-26-2007, 07:24 PM
A Local Legend
Denver Colorado

Hails from United States

Hey sis glad you found us here, I love this peice but then I've seen it before and I like all your work. I love the color transitions in this one alot. On posting I've done that one my self double posted the same message oooppps lol. some times I have to hit the refresh button to get the post to come up. Well I've been busy getting ready for a one man show coming up the 29th. lots still to do. We'll talk later.

Take care, Be well, Be safe http://www.scottleckrone.com
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2007, 04:06 PM

Thumbs up Re: Jeremiah 29;11

I agree that this painting is very inspiring. Again I have an advantage of having seen the original. The artisit is also inspiring.