WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Printmaking
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Enthusiast
Massachusetts, on the Atlantic Ocean

Hails from United States
Periodic Table Project

I thought you all might want another look at the Periodic Table Project Azure Gackle put together. Various printmakers signed up to create a print for each element in the Periodic Table. It is almost complete. It has been up here but there are new people around so, here it is again!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~clarksbarn/.../elements.html

Barb
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2007, 01:11 PM
A WC! Legend
Corrales, New Mexico

Hails from United States
Re: Periodic Table Project

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy working on these joint ventures, especially this one. It made me think outside my comfort zone, which is good. It will be great when all entries are finally done.

Diane (Nitrogen)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Diane, which element is yours? Mine is Rutherfordium, 104. For some reason the other link isn't working - try this...

Barb

http://home.comcast.net/~clarksbarn/.../elements.html

Last edited by H2O_Baby : 12-15-2007 at 02:20 PM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2007, 02:09 PM
A WC! Legend
Corrales, New Mexico

Hails from United States

I had Nitrogen, 7. Part of the fun was researching something that would make sense for the element.

Diane
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2007, 02:33 PM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Isn't it looking great now, with only 4 more prints to come! I had stopped checking it as some were so slow in coming in. Thanks for giving us a nudge, B.

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Enthusiast
S.Carolina

Hails from United States

with everything that has been going on lately this had slipped my mind .it really looks great .after seeing mine mixed with all the other great prints tho I kinda wished I had gone in a different direction .oh well I explained that I was experimenting with some home made inks . I feel hombled to be included.....

humbled too
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Lynn and Zar, which are yours??? Yes I wish I had done mine differently however it does have a cartoonish look that I still kind of like. Not as impressive as some of the others. But like you Z I like to experiment!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Wake, VA

Hails from United States

My print was Gallium 31. I had fun doing it and have tried hard to keep myself from comparing it to all the others to it's detriment. Good to know that I'm not the only one who second guesses myself! I, too, feel honored and humbled to have my work appear with all the fabulous artists who contributed.

I really hope it gets published somehow - I think it merits a book. If not a book, or as well, I hope it gets reproduced as a poster...

www.anniefitt.etsy.com
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-17-2007, 10:53 AM
USA

Hails from United States

It really becomes almost quilt-like when you can see it with almost all the pieces assembled. I enjoyed the experience and also hope it gets more exposure once complete. Love to see it full size.

JDH (Tantalum Ta73)
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-17-2007, 02:15 PM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Mine were Iridium and Nobelium, 77 and 102. Likewise, they were both experiments, and I wish I had been able to get more prints out of the series. I have sold two of each on ETSY, that pretty much depletes my stock!

No need for any second guessing here.....some very excellent prints from our group. It was great to have the challenge of such an interesting project.

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast
S.Carolina

Hails from United States

[quote=H2O_Baby]Lynn and Zar, which are yours???

Vanadium.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast
S.Carolina

Hails from United States

[quote=H2O_Baby]Lynn and Zar, which are yours???

Vanadium.

If I remember correctly it was ,hopefully to be published as a poster .I think all the elements were to be sent in before june so it may not happen . it would be nice to see it in a poster with perhaps a small booklet in which all the artist give short desciption of the proccess and why they chose their element (s)
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-17-2007, 04:57 PM
A WC! Legend
Corrales, New Mexico

Hails from United States

Nice to meet you, Heft (aka Tantalum Ta73)... Yes, it would be nice to see it published.

Has anyone suggested this to Azure Crackle? I know lulu.com does a really good job on self-publishing. Maria Arango's 'selling at art fairs' was very nice... I know I would buy a copy if published. I also think some science-oriented people would also be interested!

Diane
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-17-2007, 05:06 PM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Diane and Zardoz, on the Flikr site there was a discussion about publication, several ideas were suggested and I know Azure Grackle is following something up. Also she is looking for exhibition space for the show. I don't know where things are at this point.

I just had a look at the Project website, and under Discussion, check out Recruiting an Army. That's the posts about what the next stage could be.

Last edited by LynnM : 12-17-2007 at 06:04 PM. Reason: checked Flikr site
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

I just emailed Jenn to see what she has come up with and if she needs help with the last 4 elements. I have had comments from non-printmakers saying they would love a book, so I suggested that.

Also a display in museums and corporations, I was going to help contact my company - which designs power plants and does environmental remediation as well as process chemistry, but have to wait until it is completed to do so.