WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2007, 02:20 PM

How Do I transfer photocopy to Canvas?

Hi Iím trying to transfer an image to a canvas. Iíve tried a technique with a colorless marker but it only works when I transfer a photocopy to another paper surface.

Does anyone have any ideas of transferring techniques that doesnít involve the iron-on kinds?

Thanks for any help

Alex
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2007, 03:08 PM
A Local Legend
NE Oklahoma

Hails from United States
Re: How Do I transfer photocopy to Canvas?

Is it a full color image or just transferring the outlines of a subject to be painted? Other members may have some experience with this but the best I can offer is find a website that prints full color images onto canvas.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2007, 03:21 PM
WC! Guide
In the heart of The Pearl (Portland OR)

Hails from United States

In the book The New Acrylics by Rheni Tauchid there is a section on this very subject beginning on page 122. I have not tried it yet but plan to. I suggest you by the book or go to the store and read it.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2007, 03:42 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

coat your image with three coats of matt medium allowing image to dry thoroughly between coats (pref. overnight).
Wet thoroughly, and rub off (using fingers) the paper of the image - it balls up and takes quite a while. Keep wetting as you go. Be gentle, you don't want to tear the image.

When all paper is off, put matt medium where the image will be on the canvas and lay carefully over. You only get one chance so take it slowly and carefully.
Practise the technique on something else first.

The Acrylic Revolution Book says to use gloss medium, but I successfully used matt.
Good luck (and show us your results)
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2007, 04:16 PM
A WC! Legend
So. California

Hails from United Nations

There's a whole sticky in the Mixed Media forum on various types of image transfers: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443035

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3