WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Digital Art > Digital Art Showcase
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 10:57 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada
New member, new picture

I have been enjoying reading and see everyone's work here at WetCanvas. I thought it was time I joined in. I usually use acrylics, but about a year ago I really got into digital painting. I love it because all the things that frustrate me with acrylics aren't there, lol. No splaying brushes, or lumps in the paint, or overworked areas. It's also good for creating from your imagination because it's easy to change things if you don't like the way it turned out. Well, usually easy. I also love the layers because I'm such a clutz.

My first real try was an Easter picture. I used references for the bunny, kittens, basket, and egg carton, and put them all together. I will admit to cheating on the painting on the wall. It's mine, but I just pasted it in at the end. I had already spent about 50 hours on this picture.

For the next one I used references for most of the craft items and the rest was made up. Any crafter here will know that we become like dragons hoarding treasure with our supplies, lol.

And finally my latest. References used for the cat and sky, and that's about it. Now, I hope there won't be too many critiques on the first two, because I already made prints. But I'm open to suggestions on this last one. I think it is done. I put it on my desktop so I can keep looking and see what bothers me, and right now the middle horn is bothering me. Maybe if I just round off the point, it will look more like it is pointing back.

Thank you for looking.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 11:26 AM
A Local Legend
Texas

Hails from United States
Re: New member, new picture

First Welcome to WC digital! You have some wonderful happy pieces here and I can relate to the no mess thing. LOL
You might want to post your paintings in the Digital forum for more feed back since here in Painters Alley, which is a subforum of Digital Art, we do freehand painting just as you would with traditional mediums.

Quote:
This forum is for images painted using the techniques a traditional painter might use. No filters, effects, cloneing, paint overs, or plugins are to be used in Painters Ally images. Images using those methods may be posted in the regular digital art forum.

If you need to resize your image before you post you can sharpen or clarify your image if needed to compensate for the effect of compression.

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Lord of the Arts
Leicestershire, England, UK

Hails from England

Yes i look forward to seeing more of your work in the main Digital forum. I like the pics, very clean and quaint? Re the horn, I think it's problem is because it just touches the arch. Either make it shorter or longer.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 09:23 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario

Hails from Canada

Very nice
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2007, 11:19 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Oops, am I in the wrong place? I will post this again in digital. If a mod wants to remove this post, that's fine.

I will try shortening the horn, and maybe also rounding it a bit. I don't think we should be able to see the point from this angle.

Thanks for commenting.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2007, 10:11 AM
A Local Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

oh I like it very much, especially the last one....