Cami - you are doing a great job on this
- I've looked at it and can suggest a few simple changes which may help with the likeness:
FIL - watch out for making his eyes too different in size - maybe by just darkening his righter upper eyelid area and defining the left inner eye area this can be corrected easily
- nostril / bottom of nose should be wider
- lower lip should be lower (his bottom teeth correspond approx to where you've placed his bottom lip)
- right side of his face - the contour is a little narrow - alter it and you'll find his chin needs to then be widened and brought lower at the jaw line on the right side
MIL - you're doing really well - her eye placement looks spot on - using this as a reference - her nose is a little too small / short and narrow and over defined. correcting this will help with her mouth placement which in turn starts a tad too high -
Also her face is a tad narrow on the right hand side
All these adjustments are minor, but will add heaps to getting the likeness.
I've done a minor fiddle with the ref - may help - mainly to try and define the features a tad more for you -
Good luck - you are well on the way
- I'll look forward to seeing how you get on!
Ps - the sides are as referred to the person (as opposed to side of the painting - hope I haven't confused you