WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Resting in Peace
NE Georgia, USA

Hails from United States
****Daily Wash**** Sunday, November 5, 2006

Good Morning, Washers....

Yes, I am opening a new Wash again. Lonely
here alone... Everyone must be busy with life.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

to all to come, HAWLTAIN

JustJo

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Lord of the Arts
Alberta

Hails from Canada
Re: ****Daily Wash**** Sunday, November 5, 2006

Hello Jo!!!

Just checking in before I head off to bed. Have a good day!!

Liz
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Enthusiast
Missouri

Hails from United States

Me too Liz. Didn't get to yesterday's wash, I made a nice day of painting and had some good progress. My laundry also got folded but I didn't get much done otherwise. Tomorrow is game day, so hopefully I'll get some good painting in and not fall asleep in the middle of the game.

Jo, I hope you're having a nice weekend too!

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2006, 11:51 PM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

Hello all!

We had a full day today. Our trip to Cabela's and IKEA was nice. DH got his hunting camoflauge bib overalls, and a bit more. We then went to IKEA and Oh my GOSH!! What a HUGE store that is!! I was so tired of walking by the time we left that we went to a restaurant and I was glad to just SIT!

I haven't been using crutches for at least a week now and when I got home tonight I see that Doug sent me a PM telling me to use a wheelchair at IKEA but I read it AFTER I got home!! I was okay...we just walked slow. THE people in that place!! What a place....anyway I want to go back sometime when my knee is all healed up.

Today(Sunday) we will just do odds and ends around the house as we had the granddaughters for the night. A bit of yard work, and this week we want to hang some Christmas lights too.

I am pooped and have my leg up with an icepack on it and I'm very shortly off to bed. I must slowly get my energy up because this week will be my last one off of work as I return to work on the 13th. that will mean no more naps.

So glad Mike's news was good.
Have a great trip Jean!
(((((())))))) hugs and white light to all in need.

Waving to all my creative buddies in the wash!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Darla
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Resting in Peace
New York

Hails from United States

Hi everyone,
I'm still awake, but not for long...
Darla -- so glad that you have been up and around. We've had an IKEA here for awhile and it's always an outing to stop by...do they have a cafe in yours? Great Swedish meatballs!
Destany -- don't know how you find time to paint at all with your kids so little...I used to paint late at night when the kids were asleep, but I only have two kids!
Liz -- hi! you're probably sleeping by now, but hi anyway!
Jo -- thanks for opening the Wash...don't think I told you but that new grandbaby of yours is adorable!

All is well here...my husband is on the mend after his surgery and I'm feeling fine. We're driving our two teens around 24/7 it seems but it's all good!
Well, I'm off to bed...night all!
Tina
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2006, 12:48 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Hello Jo, good job starting the wash , hey somebody has to do it,
Hello Liz, and Tina, I don't get to drop in here as much as i would like to lately,
Hi Darla IKEA is cool isn't it?
I go and i dream and dream and then only buy a little, , like paint brush holders (which are really dish drain flatware cylinders)or bathroom accessories,my girls have platform beds from there however, it is a fun place.
Hi Destany, I have also been painting, was trying to get a yupo winter scene done but that didn't work out so I will use two watercolors i did one on masa and one on 300 Pnd rough WC paper, then i spent this evening framing them... all this for a show this week in Pennsylvania with my new art group The artists of Yardley, they seem like movers and shakers there, tomorrow I have to drive up to the center where we will exhibit the paintings. Here are photos of the framed pieces , forgive the shadows as the glass doesn't like to be photographed even on museum setting:

enjoy,

Kat

Light the candles

Last edited by KathyJB : 11-05-2006 at 12:52 AM.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2006, 03:35 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Morning all

Quite a pleasant morning here, hazy sunshine and 55F!

Great instructions yesterday by Europa on how to make a link - I added it to the NEWBIES thread. Thanks Pat

Decided on my Christmas card for this year - remember those red wooden Santas I have in the garden? I'm going to paint them in the snow.

Still no landmark, but there's plenty of time yet

Glad you made it around IKEA Darla, hope your knee is OK. Look for cut -throughs between the various sections, when you know the place and want to get to the checkout quickly they can cut miles off your walking.

Ruth altered two sets of curtains for our neighbours last night - we are their resident handy persons They are great neighbours and we love to help when we can.

Well, got to get my breakfast now, BBL

Doug
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2006, 03:51 AM
A WC! Legend
Wigan Lancashire England

Hails from England

MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

No idea why am up this early on a Sunday morning - think I may try and get a couple more hours in bed

Started on my latest masters challenge last night - it hads loads and loads of figures in it - should be interesting as I have never done them before in such numbers (Gulp!)

Not much on today cept am off to see Leo later on this afternoon.

Bought a new slow cooker last week - I was so impressed with the meals our Moira made with hers - so today am going to give it a shot - Jamie is calling around for half the joint as of course we don't need as much seeing as our John is on liquidised food.

Suppose I may as well jump in the shower now am awake - so sending hugs all around and white light.

Catch you later

LUGGLES

Pat xxx
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2006, 05:04 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is a little before 5:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. Not much going on here except for our normal Sunday routine, leisurely breakfast then grocery shopping.

I painted up a storm yesterday and have just a few minor details to do on my Landmark Challenge painting. Then writing the info paragraph and I'll be able to send it off to Jo.

Today I have to finish my other painting for Nita's class. She left us an "assignment" and some Waterford paper to try out. She treated half of it with acrylic gloss medium and left the other half au natural. We are supposed to do the same painting on each half and compare the process and results. I'm trying a test sheet out so I can show the group before they begin painting theirs. I haven't tried the treated side yet. I'll do that later today.

We had some good news yesterday. Kent closed on his old home in Newport on Friday, so that is now off his back and he will be able to get started on the kitchen renovation in their new home. Can't wait to see what it looks like when he finishes it. So, thanks for the white light and crossed fingers that it would go through. It has! and it helps to know you are all beaming those rays.

We're still helping Kari and Mike with house hunting. We thought we found a place last week, but when we went over at 4:00 p.m. to meet the realtor, we discovered it sits on a road that becomes a freeway in the morning when people are heading for work and in the evening as they return home. Too dangerous with Casey as young as he is. Too much temptation for him to run into the street while Mommy is busy unloading the car or otherwise distracted. So still searching the rental ads, Sunday is a big day for listings so that is what I will do next.

Pat, Your directions were terrific in yesterday's Wash. You give directions like I do. Assume your audience knows nothing about the subject and go from there. I've copied them to my desktop for future try-out.

Darla, Glad you got the chance to get out of the house. Hope your knee is OK today.

Joann, Haven't checked out the PENN STATE (not Penn, that's in Philadelphia ) site yet, wondered if they had prevailed over Wisconsin. Oh well, glad someone's team won.

Tina, Glad to hear the news that both you and your DH are doing well health-wise. Guess it is more relaxing for you to be driving the teens around than vice versa.

Off to check out rental listings, it takes a while. So to Jo, Liz, Destany, Kat (the paintings look great framed up), Doug, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2006, 05:18 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Morning Pat, Sylvia

Just found an interesting site which has short videos of various artists dmonstrating their technique. It is a commercial site selling videos and DVD's but the Previews are excelent demonstrations of the various techniques. Click on the artist then "Previews".

I see our Nick Symmonds is to have his watercolour video there soon.

Doug
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2006, 06:22 AM
A WC! Legend
Northumberland England.

morning all nice day here if a little cold.
to Justjo, Liz, Destany, Darla, Tina, Doug, Pat, Sylvia,
Hi Kat I have been really enjoying your Yupo posts recently I am trying to get hold of this material it seems very interesting.
best wishes, to all may be back later. Ken..
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2006, 06:26 AM
A WC! Legend
Northumberland England.

Doug, thanks for the link just had a look at the site you mentioned looks good,
Ken..
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2006, 06:45 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good morning!!!

Too early to see what the weather will bring, but the temp is above freezing anyway...

We drove up to my Sister's place for her granddaughter's birthday... it was a gorgeous sunny day even if it was a tad chilly... The whole family was there and we had fun... Especially little Vanyel...

Making her WISH:

For...

A PONY!!!

I've invited Patty (Bluegenes) and her hubby for dinner tonight... I'll shovel a path to the dining room and swipe the bathrooms...

Hi Jo, Liz and Destany... hope you all slept well!!!

Darla!!! You DID overdo it! I know... I know... Ikea is worth it, eh?

Hi Tina... glad that your hubby is feeling better (and you too)... chauffering the kids around seems to be part and parcel of raising teenagers these days, eh?

Your paintings look terrific all framed up, Kat... good luck with the Show!

Hi Doug... that sounds like a FUN Christmas Card... be sure to include it in the KIUAN thread... I really need to get mine painted, too... You and Ruth are helpful to everyone I'm thinking...

Oh... and the CCP site... that's where Patty (Bluegenes) won a prize for her Tiger in one of their juried shows... they are currently running a portrait show... heads up all you Portrait People!!!!!!!

Hi Pat... I have a slow cooker and NEVER use it!! Jamie wants a half joint???

Wow, Syl... lots of news... congrats going out for Kent... sorry that the house didn't work out for Kari... your paintings for the Monday class sound REALLY challenging!

Ken... have you tried any online stores?

So... I have a little time before I need to get a wiggle on and clean this midden... I can browse a little while...

hawltain and hand...

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2006, 06:47 AM
Resting in Peace
Kington, Herefordshire, England

Morning All and AWAYTC

A bit slow here thismorning....but plently good news since I last washed......... excellent to hear about Kents house closing, Amelias Art groups , Darla getting out of IKEA safely ....and Tina and DH's improvements.........white light still on its way and fingers crossed for Cat Scan on 8th.......

Doug.... now had I realised your Ruth was a dab hand at curtain alterations... I could have found a few to keep her hands busy on her last visit here ...but there's no hurry ...... my last lot of hemming pins rusted in, over 15 or so years Thanks for the link to the video site... I wonder if Nick will be dem-oing his use of Acrylics in watercolour mode....... I would be interested to see that in moving pics. Our Ruth ...... where did you see that add re workable liftable acrylics.... that's really intriguing.... perhaps the time has come to revisit the medium... havent used them for donkeys years and didnt like the 'feel' at all.

cant remember if I told you yesteray about finding Ginger ( just before I went out) munching at the end of the metal tube of laxative I bought at the vets for Percys hairballs !!!! Shed eaten about a third of it !!!! PInched it off the kitchen table , little ratbag.... so I blocked the stairs and hoped for the best !!! House was clear when I returned, but it was dark so yet have to do an outside inspection !!!!!!!!!!!!! Bet the metal gave her teeth good cleaning though !!!!

Almost noon so time for breakfast.....

HaH, HALWTAIN & HAND

Char.... WE crossposted again....... and what utterly adorable pics of your sisters grand ( what relation does that make her to you? great niece I guess)) What a very lucky young lady
All my pastel portraits HERE ....currently being updated! Website : www.JayteesArt.co.uk : also needing updating ! ...... and over in Facebook 'Self Portraits Studio' and just re-discovered this wonderful group here 'Self Portraits Join in the Fun'

Last edited by jaytee : 11-05-2006 at 06:50 AM.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2006, 06:55 AM
A WC! Legend
Northumberland England.

char not yet i have contacted the manufactures and i think they are going to send me some samples,
Ken.