WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Studio Tips and Framing
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-15-2006, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast
Louisiana

Hails from United States
Thumbs up Build your easel the cheap way.

I made a new easel out of some scrap wood. You can make it as tall as you like. It is good for sitting, standing and all sizes of canvas.

The legs have a grove to fit the wing nut bolts.

The shelf has a grove on the back to fit the wing nut bolts.

The top has a hole drilled thru the sides of the legs and is connected by a wing nut bolt.

The shelf is three pieces of wood glued and nailed together with small nails. It moves up and down easily as the bolts slide through the groves of the legs and shelf.

The wing nuts make it so easy to take apart. Put into auto. Travel and then reassemble in a minute.

Made with 1X2's. One 6 inch bolt. Two 3 inch bolts. And tree wing nuts. A little glue and a few small nails.

Here are some photos. I hope if some needs an easel you will try this one. I am making several for our church children. I will be giving free art lessons soon.

SilverLady

Legs have groves from almost all the way to the top and almost all the way to the bottom.

The tray for the canvas to sit on. Three pieces of wood. The back part has a grove from one end to the other leaving a few inches not groved so the piece to stay connected. I also put a small piece in the front. I have a tendency to hit my canvas and knock it over. So hopefully this will help.

You can see here the goves. I put the head of the bolt in front and the wing nut is in the back. Loosen the wing nuts and as you slide the shelf up or down and the bolts move in the tray to match the width of the legs. I have not done it yet but I plan to lay this down and mark both legs with marks that are even so I can tell when the shelf is level.

Only God painted perfect pictures. I enjoy them daily
I paint to have fun. Happiness is a brush in the hand with a little color on it and something to put it on.