WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 12:20 AM
A WC! Legend
Calgary, Canada

Hails from Canada
****Daily Wash Friday, May 19, 2006 ****

Morning All!

Okay, looks good to start this.

I am about to go to bed. It has been a busy day between work and school. Oh and baking 60 lemon meringue tarts for Katherine's school. It is international feast day and children are bringing all kinds of different foods in.

Hope everyone has a great day. Will check in tomorrow morning.

take care.

Do all you can with what you have, in the time you have, in the place you are. -Nkosi Johnson Twelve-year-old Zulu boy, living with AIDS
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Last edited by Christie : 05-19-2006 at 12:23 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 12:49 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

2.30pm here and the sun can't make up it's mind whether it is in or out..

I finished painting my Koi this morning.. (Christie sent Chris and I to the naughty corner to paint) but by the time I had finished that we had cloud cover.

So I sit here looking out the window and every now and then the sun pops out and there are wonderful shadows then poof it is gone again. how can I get my life painting done.......grrrrrrrrrrrr

So............ Alan has just woken up and he saw my painting and liked it. Wow!!! He said it is frame-able.. Wow!!!

Hugs and Love
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 01:56 AM
Resting in Peace
Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee

Hails from United States
Thumbs up Re: ****Daily Wash Friday, May 19, 2006 ****

Hi, Christie and JJ!

Been cool (low 60s F) and rainy here today; more scheduled for tomorrow.

Had the neighbor's sons climbing on the roof to clean the gutters. Very agile guys and soooo polite, too. Nice to have teenage neighbors who answer that description.

Well, my eyes are beginning to cross, so I'll say "gooby" for a bit. See you later.

HAWLTAIN

May your today be really good.

Lyn
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 02:04 AM
San Francisco

Hails from United States
Re: ****Daily Wash Friday, May 19, 2006 ****

Morning!! UH, actually it's night...just in from a celebration for a retiring teacher (and friend) and a very well done but wierd play.

Feel like I'm getting in here EARLY.. I guess this means that LATE my time gets me to the Wash EARLY. Uh, that's ok...my brain gets a little goofy by this time of night. Especially after champagne and oysters.

Darla, that is the BEST of news about Jeff. I believe in miracles.

Glad you all enjoyed "Char Holding the Fort"...so, ehem, Kev and Mike in handcuffs eh?? And all the OTHER mischeif makers around here??

Have a great morning all. See you later in the day!
Jen
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 02:59 AM
A WC! Legend
Northumberland England.

Hails from United Kingdom

Morning all
Christie I should be saying good night
JJ I've just popped over to look at your painting and alan obviously has good taste (I suppose that, as you were then when he woke he is your partner, so his good taste goes without saying).
lyn low 60's here would be the hight of summer
jen another good night
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 03:15 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by plec
JJ I've just popped over to look at your painting and alan obviously has good taste (I suppose that, as you were then when he woke he is your partner, so his good taste goes without saying).
Thank you.. And yes Alan is my DH and my #1 critique. He doesn't hold back either if he doesn't like he says so..p

I am watching Cheng-Khee Chee's Saturated wet technique Dvd. He is painting koi. Amazingly beautiful!!!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 03:47 AM
A Local Legend
Deepest Wettest Lancashire

Mornin each

Low cloud and even lower rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plop plop!!!!!!!!

Got to go and see my artist friend today, he is still having computer problems, but he has been so busy demonstrating and running classes he hasn't had time to see me!!!! I mean no time for me, I feel hurt

I going to worry him today, I'm going to take my screwdriver!!!!!!!!!

If I'm home early enough I'm going to paint yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Can't get outside to do anything for the UKNIA ....... NAKUI ....... oh whatever thread it's windy and rainy, I may have to set up a still life.

Insanity is hereditary ............ you can get it from your children ....or Grandchildren

Last edited by Roun2it : 05-19-2006 at 03:51 AM.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 04:00 AM
A WC! Legend
Northumberland England.

Kev.
you must also take a hammer remember the old engineers rule if it moves when it should not, Duck tape.and when it does not move and it should wd40 if those do not work THE HAMMER
Ken
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 04:48 AM
A Local Legend
to pastures new

Hails from England

Good night Christie

JJ looks trerrific, love the water texture wow

Hi Lyn, Jen, plec,

Kev I am shocked why not try this one

Sorry was not online the last 2 days dentist kinocked me out, though.
Off to see what's new at the gallery

to all already here and those yet to come
Llalena
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 04:57 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from England

Hello All

Goodnight to Christie, Lyn, and Jen who is goofy after drinking champers!

Afternoon/evening to JJ, Your DH is right -frame it.

Goodmorning to Ken and Kev ( they sound like the terrible twins or something!!). My DH finds a hammer usually works too.

Thanks to everyone who looked at my first post in the Gallery yesterday.

Darla, once again, great news about Jeff.

TTFN
Tricia

Hi Llalena, nearly missed you!
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 05:11 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is just past 5:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. I was here earlier but WC was taking its morning constitutional!

Good news from Darla in yesterday's Wash re Jeff! The power of people like the Watercolor artists here is mighty! Hope I can report good news about Atticus soon too.

JJ, Will zip over to see your Koi painting when I finish here. Glad your IHC (in house critic) liked it!

Funny remedies to computer problems. I feel like doing some of them at times but haven't....yet.

Lyn, There was a story on our local news last night about damage to one of the neighboring towns' civic building caused by a clogged gutter...water came in and caused roof tiles to fall onto desks, etc. The cause of the clog was a bird's nest....filled with little baby robins. I didn't see the whole story so I don't know if they moved the nest or are going to wait til the fledglings leave. The reporter very seriously looked at the camera and said "This is why it is so important to keep your gutters clear!" Duhhhhhhh!

Christie, You could have made 61 of those lemon meringue tarts and sent it to Ohio! You are making my mouth water thinking of 60 of those little beauties all lined up. Bet they went over well.

I haven't been to the Gallery in a week so will start off with JJ's koi and explore what I've missed.

Waving to all who were here before me and those still to come.

SYL,

Sylvia
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 05:11 AM
A WC! Legend
Wigan Lancashire England

Hails from England

MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Waving to everyone

Just got up - not feeling too hot this morning - got physio today too - will wait and see if the meds kick in.

JJ - love that painting - agree with Alan - frame it!!

Posted my first a*****c in the wash yesterday - just me 'having a go' - am quite chuffed with meself .......lol.....here it is for those who missed it. I didn't post it in any of the galleries as its just a practice kind of thing....although Jamie's fiance Debbie did ask me to paint The Scream for her - so if she is happy with my version she can have it!

Sending hugs all around

LUGGLES

Pat xxx
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 05:22 AM
A Local Legend
to pastures new

Hails from England

Hi Tricia
Good morning Syl

Pat that's an exellent painting of Munch's scream and well worth going into the gallery colours are very vibrant and the impression of despair is absolute real
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 05:48 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie
it is directions for Mark to get to Andrea's house. Apparently he likes women with handcuffs.

Although, now that I think about it, if he made a turn east on the Transcanada Highway, I could wave as he drove by the next day. I'm boring compared to Andrea though I could have my policeman brother stop by in the company car, just for Mark.

So there you go Mark (And Kevin and Mike and anyone else who likes handcuffs) you should go to Christie's house instead...... after all, her brother is a REAL policeman and has much bigger, stronger cuffs than the flimsey little ones I use I'm sure you'd like those better.....
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2006, 06:20 AM
A Local Legend
Germany

Hails from Germany

Hi Washers

Dull, cold and windy day over here, heat is turned back on, jacket and thick socks too

I'm totally sore and worn out ... might be the pottering and lifting tons of clay last night . I made another monumental, huge flower pot and stand ('cause my old one gave up on me). Who needs to go to a gym lifting weights ...

My bloodpressure sure is up this morning ... found a TICK crawling up my leg (DH of course not here) ... realised i had to somehow remove this bloodsucking murderinsect myself so i used to BBQ tongs to remove it (have to admit i thought about burning it at first ... on my leg stupid eh)

Pat, that's a great painting!!! You've got the colours down real well

Also read about Jeff's news and sure hope all turns out ok. More White Light to him and his familiy!

This truckload of CRS hit us this morning ... can't remember all that was written ... maybe i should start chewing gum while reading the wash

I was going to paint pleine aire today (lilacs) but with the wind out ... nawww rather stay inside and try a stillife

see ya