Welcome to the South Coast of England.
I shall be taking you on a tour to see some of my favourite spots. Please don’t try to comment until all 16 of my images are posted so they can be kept together
For a reminder here are the rules:
1. When the images are posted by the host at the announced time, you will have 30 minutes to choose your photo and whatever medium you like and then 2 hours to do your thing. Please feel free to crop, change and generally do your own thing!
2. At that time stop and take a picture or scan your image and then post what you have done in your own thread with WDE and the date (e.g. 21/04/06 or April 21/06) and your title.
3. Please be sure to resize your images before posting them! Scan or reduce them to 72 dpi, keeping the pixel size to 600 high X 500 wide or less and under 100kbs. There is no difference in viewing quality between 72dpi and 300dpi… most monitors can't display any higher resolution, but it does make the images load much faster for the viewer, especially those on dial-up. To load your images you can use either the Manage Attachments feature or the Image Up Loader. Here is a link on how to use these features. Uploading Images
4. Be sure to tell us the medium, size and support you used and any additional information you’d like to share, such as why you chose that image.
5. Not finished? No problem! You can add WIP (work in progress) to your title…take as much time as you need and then post the finished piece in the same thread.
6. If you are planning on doing more than one of the images, add MI (multiple images) to your title and then post each new one in the same thread. Or wait until you have completed all of them and then post in one thread or wait until at least Monday before starting a new thread with additional images. WIP and MI will indicate to the viewers to check back for up dates.
7. Be sure to view and comment on people’s work…we understand that it’s not always possible to comment on everyone’s work…just do the best you can. We all like feedback, don’t we?
8. Critiquing is not allowed, unless the poster requests it.
9. PLEASE keep all your thank yous in one post each time you log in.
10. PLEASE refrain from using the quote button on a post with the image in it. There is no need for the image to be posted again…it clogs up the thread, making it take longer to open. It’s much easier to use the reply button and if you want to quote someone, copy and paste from their message below the reply box.
Right Here we go...........
You can Click on the Titles for Larger Versions in the Photo Library
I live on the edge of the New Forest – our newest National Park – but a special area famous for its ponies that wander freely. Its spring and there are lots of young ponies with their mothers.
Ponies in the New Forest
Yet a kilometre (just over half a mile) away is the beach
This was taken from the grounds of Highcliffe Castle
which has now been restored and is used as an art gallery and a very popular place to get married! The daffodils are out and it looks really springlike.
But its a spring chicken in age (late 18th early 19th ) compared to our Norman Priory
at Christchurch with its weathered stone and beautiful light
more to come...........................