WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-19-2002, 08:40 PM
Ft. Pierce, FL.

Hails from United States
Question Where to find Lyra Splender Blender?

Hi All,
In order to avoid bloom, I've always used dry blenders on my CP's. I read an article about a product from the Lyra Co. They call it the SPLENDER BLENDER. It supposedly allows blending without bloom. Is this true? I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the net. They don't seem to have a website. Anyone know if it works and where to get it? Also, I'm intrigued by their set of pencils for creating accurate skin tones. Any feedback. Thanks
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-19-2002, 11:40 PM
A WC! Legend
Lawn Guylind

Hails from United States
if you want to get rid of wax bloom, spray with workable fixitive when you're finished with the drawing...

If the Lyra splendor blender is like the prismacolor colorless blender pencil, it's made of solid wax...so if anything it would heighten your problem.

i use the prismacolor colorless blender pencil, and after i'm done, i spray my drawings.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-20-2002, 12:49 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
San Tan Valley, Arizona

Hails from United States
Lyra Splender Blender? Hehe say that 3 times fast............

anyway that name rings a bell - a few months back the same question was asked ...

Ironhorse was it you that used one? On the racehorse you did a few months back?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say dry blenders? What kind of cps are you using? I use prismacolors - and I hate the blender they make that looks like a marker, and I don't like the pencil blender either....

Don't think I helped much - but maybe it will ring a bell with somebody else out there.........

TJ
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-20-2002, 01:31 PM
A WC! Legend
So. California

Hails from United Nations
Well, the Daniel Smith catalog carries it: http://www.danielsmith.com/ds-inksmi...s-page-09.html
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Ft. Pierce, FL.

Hails from United States
Hi All. Thanks for the suggestion Arlene. I've used Krylon Sprayable Fixative. Did'nt like the feel. What do You use? Maybe i just need to give fixative more of a chance. I've had great success with those dry paper blenders Pencils4Me. It's just that they take a lot of elbow grease and I'm afraid Arther is setting in.
Great lead Rose Queen. Thanks.