Well I decided to do this buck picture. I thought I could do it easily enough but this thing has been bucking
me from the start.
I started out simple enough. 4" x 5" drawing on Smooth Bristol
1. Watercolor grass on the bottom
2. Airbrush some shadows over the top of this
3. Come back over the airbrush with some acrylic to start building up the grass again.
4. Fiddle with the background a little more and start laying in a watercolor base for buck.
5. Finish watercolor base nothing great just starting to put in basic direction of the fur and general form.
6. Decide you now hate the background and airbrush over all the previous work to get a new base to work on, allowing a little (very little) of the previous work to show through
7. Decide it is still too dark and airbrush more over the background.
8. Decide to stop boring your friends with the in-between steps and work on making the grass look like grass. A lot of back and forth going on here between airbrush and regular brush trying to get a better feel for the grass. I have to say I am still not 100% happy but now I am going to work a little on the deer and come back to the grass later.