An Update . see Alphabet Soup its been revised again ..
- that which one does not wish to back into
To be used when you can't remember the letters to a Washonym (courtesy of JoAnn) A new definition also applies probably better: hugs and white light and prayers and big smacky kisses and all those nice things we wish each other at the end of posts and be back later etc etc..... at least thats what I use it for........its a great way of saying them all in one go. See Washonyms
- all who are yet to come
Bart Simpsons Wowser
- bacon sandwich
-'Doing your banana' at someone is the same as 'going off your rocker' at them, another term for 'going ape'.
Jana-ese for one's lungs
Bobs Your Uncle
Canadian roots meaning "there wasn't that easy" to a complicated situation.
- as in "take a boo" = look I reckon...
- Big Smacky Air Kiss
- eating with gusto
- as in I'm chuffed - feeling good about something
- someone going on , and on, and on about something
competition, or composition if your in a writing bent.
anything thats great or wonderful, an exclamation
- Can't Remember A Flipping Thing
Cant Remember S#*t , or Stuff for polite company
- support when one is down or feeling low
'Down South' in what UK northerners assume to be a 'Sarf London' accent
- Something or someone regarded as remarkable or unusual.
tired, just dragging
Duffus, or Doofus
Someone who does something stupid, like me on a bad day
- Plein aire painters
- one who talks a lot also 'Gasbag' i.e. one who goes in for 'gasbagging'
- Kiwi exclamation by Elaine (Amaze 1101)
- without words, lost for words
Gone for a Burton
- a British slang term which translates roughly as "out to lunch," "missing" or, applied to a machine such as your friend's computer, "not functioning." Used it in the sense of collapsed/destroyed
- as in the Gorks stomach trouble
Hit the Pit
Go to bed
- type of out garment with a hood
- Huge Texas Hugs from Yahooserious
- a version of hugs
Im up everybodies up
I am up out of bed everyone should be up too
Jana-ese for inspired
Its Going in the Book
Its going in the book
The English of Maffet see:
- Banxy's KACHING!!!!! (cash register sound). Every time someone says something about him, like "Banxy is just so darn cute", or "what a sweet darling Banxy is" or Banxy is such a sweet pea" (which used to happen quite often...don't know what happened)
he would say "KACHING, if I had a nickel everytime someone said that!"
a hooded, lightweight, weatherproof outdoor garment with pockets
Keep your pecker up
keep a still upper lip a STIFF upper lip although I would say more keep cheerful
- call on someone, wake someone up in the morning
- Doing everything except what your supposed to be doing.
love and huggles huggles being a version of hugs
- pile of trash, dreadful mess in the house due to lack of houselkeeping
- must dash
Vehicle that Spritey tootles around in...can take on different forms, invented by good pal Malty..who also writ a song about it..that she really likes.
Nice by Twice
one of many words used to describe a painting.
when you spew coffee on something
when it comes out you nose too.
recipe in the form of a poem....... as invented by round2it
- Rolling on Floor laughing (sometimes adding MAO (my a** off)
- warm coat or covering on
- women's walk with attitude
- sea squid
for future banxy use
- Technology that allows one person to talk to another around the world and let you see the other person all free.
- As in to be skyped. When someone calls you via Skype
- Not getting any calls via skype
- Person making calls via skype
- Person getting calls via skype
- Female skyper
- Making calls via Skype
- A pain in the skype or bad call
- How washers and skypers are referring to a microphone, or mic.
- the art or act of copying multiple photos for painting references, also see snagging.
- the art or act of copying a photo for painting references, also see snagging.
- early in the morning
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Too many to respond to individually
- young female, or toilet on the wash (go figure)
to eat with enthusiasm
Up my wick
- irritates me also 'gets on my wick' 'gets up my nose'
a JJism for Voila
or there it is, or behold
- Jana-ese for wonderful
Special wash acronyms
Alphabet soup - When you can't remember the right letters to the below, also and more appropriately; hugs and white light and prayers and big smacky kisses and all those nice things we wish each other at the end of posts and be back later etc etc..... at least thats what I use it for........its a great way of saying them all in one go.
AWAYTC - all who are yet to come
BSAKS - Big Smacky Air Kiss
CRAFT - Can't Remember A Flipping Thing
CRS Cant Remember S#*t , or Stuff for polite company
HAND - Have a nice day.
ROFL - Rolling on Floor laughing (sometimes adding MAO (my a** off)
SWMBO She Who Must Be Obeyed
TMTRI Too many to respond to individually
HAWLTAIN - Hugs And White Light To All In Need
KIUAN - Kick it up a notch challenge to change your style.
Jana-ese for waving
- Weekend Drawing Event - a regular challenge thread in the All Media Arts Events
- Disorganized, unplanned, sloppy.
- Very high praise (of a posted painting)