WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WetCanvas Site Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2002, 12:10 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
Hi Scott,
I have looked at and used the pallate several times but have not read this thread until tonight. I am happy to be able to respond and add my thanks and appreciation for all the work you have done. The pallate is readable and understandable and such a time saver.
I have a question. I would like to use the application with some of my students and we dont have access to the internet in the art room where I teach. Is there a possibility I can get permission from you to download the app and install it on my laptop for use in the class room.
I am a simple teacher. not even college educated with no intentions of stealing your ideas or your programing. I will give my handwritten word if you like.
I Just see a need for this function while activey painting with the group so they dont use my paints up and make me penniless heheh.
I await your response and again thank you.
I would also be willing to purchase this app from you so long as it doesnt amout to the price of photoshop (smile)
by the way you really should market this. I did a search and scoured the malls and I dont see any programs this effective as of yet.
Thanks again,
Kathy
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2002, 08:18 AM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Sorry, gang, the palette is intrinsically tied to the community system here, and is not runnable on external machines.

Your suggestion about marketing it is a good one. Perhaps I should think about this ...

Cheers.
Scott
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2002, 12:07 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
Scott,
Well I had to as... if you market it down the road will you consider a deal with all of us????
Thanks again)
Kathy
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2002, 12:04 AM
Maryland

Hails from United States
Lightbulb palette

Hi, Scott,
I agree with Kathy. Great idea to market if you can. A lot of work went into the generating of that software and I can't imagine the amount of work that really involved. Thanks again.

Pixling
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2002, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member
Florida

Hails from United States
Hi Scott,

Incredibly helpful and I'm enjoying this site tremendously. I am able to save each color and can print the verbiage, but not the swatches. It's hard for me to work at my easel and the computer at the same time - I'd have to run back and forth. Is there a magic button for printing???

"It takes two people to do a painting - one to do the painting - the other to kill him before he ruins it!! (source unknown)
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2002, 06:06 PM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

You can either do a screen print using your computer, or just use your browser's print function to print the page. Usually, its FILE, then PRINT.

Cheers.
Scott
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2002, 04:36 PM
Lord of the Arts
South Louisiana, USA

Hails from United States
Cool tool! Very handy and really well done. Bravo!
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2002, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member
Florida

Hails from United States
Thanks Scott - unfortunately have not been able to get on since that last post but will try to play with it a little later today if I can.

"It takes two people to do a painting - one to do the painting - the other to kill him before he ruins it!! (source unknown)
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-06-2002, 07:05 AM
Aalborg, Denmark

Hails from Denmark
Overview chart?

As an abolute beginner I find the virtual palette a great help - I'm sure it'll save me a lot of expensive, wasted paint.

However, I would find it useful if there was an overview chart where you could see all the basic colours of the drop down menu, and perhaps (but not necessarily) select by clicking the apropriate colours.

Best regards
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2002, 09:38 AM
st. louis, mo.

Hails from United States
Talking

I love this virtual pallette! What a wonderful idea. I will have to be careful that I don't sit at the computer playing with your colors instead of painting. Cheryl
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2002, 11:26 AM

Hails from United States
Thumbs up

What a unique program! Thank you!! I have struggled with 'color mixing' for a long, long time; now it's clickable!!
I'm a real beginner with oils and this program is tops!!
Flesh tones for 'different reasons and different seasons' has always been a problem for me, with your program there is an oppurtunity to see what the tones look like without the 'mud slinging' (throwing away what didn't work!!)....
I gave up painting because it became too frustrating, but now, maybe, I'll give it another go around. Thank you.
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-24-2002, 07:47 AM
Enthusiast
Newcastle, UK

Hails from England
I'm having a prob finding the colour I want. I have a tube of Daler/Rowney Watercolour Pthalo Blue, yet the Pthalo Blue on the Virtual Palette doesn't seem to be the same colour. Is there the same sort of turquoise-blue on here under a different name?

An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one. Charles Horton Cooley

Sarah
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-24-2002, 08:01 AM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

In the description text at the top (when you start the palette), you'll see a link that will allow you to pop open a new window showing you all the color swatches.

I am planning on adding a feature allowing you to add your own colors .... stay tuned.
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2002, 04:28 PM

Hails from United States
Vermillion ??

What are the chances of getting Vermillion on the vitural palette?

I'm not sure of what it mixes with well and would like to test it out. The Virtual Paletter is an excellent tool, you've saves us a lot of paint and experiments just trying to come up with the correct color.
Thank you !!!!
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2002, 04:54 PM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Why wait for me? You can now add it yourself ... check the virtual palette FAQ