WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Figure, The
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2005, 08:19 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Northampton

Hails from England
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Virtual Life Class 6 (Female Nude)

Hi again everybody...

Time once more to kick off another VLC. This one has possibly been a bit slow in coming but I have been terribly busy winning bread for the family, visiting the extended branches of the family and all sorts of other interesting and not so interesting things.

So...onto business.

Among the references in this VLC you will find

Frontal Female Nude Poses

Excuse the big writing, but I really don't want anyone that may be offended by nudes to stumble across something they'd be unhappy about seeing.

OK...this VLC's model has asked to remain anonymous so her face has been blurred out. I prefer this to blanking out the face completely as you still have the suggestion of feature placement...and given that we are the Figure forum and not Portraiture, I don't see this as a problem.

I'd just like to extend a big thank you to our model for putting herself forward and giving us some really nice poses. As I don't want to be refering to our model as "our model" for the entire thread...I am going to give her a pseudonym...and for no other reason than I like the name...it will be....hmmmm...."Lucy"

Don't forget, if you don't want anybody to digitally manipulate your pictures in their responses to let us know when you post. It's the easiest way to illustrate a point and I only mention it because generally in "The Figure" the rule is Don't Digitally Tinker.

Right...I seem to have rambled on again...It's so much quicker when Mark starts these ...so here's the poses.

Don't forget...everyone is welcome to join in...whether you've been waving pencils about for years or or only started pencil waving yesterday. Don't be shy...jump on in.

We have a model lined up for VLC 7 but no volunteers for after that. If you feel like having a go then drop a PM to me or mark malone. Remember...you don't have to be naked...we all need to be able to draw people with their clothes on too.

A final thanks to "Lucy".

Who's going to be first?
My eBay
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Pflugerville,TX Between a rock and a weird place

Hails from United States
Re: Virtual Life Class 6 (Female Nude)

Excellent poses Thanks "Lucy" as there is a lull in our local life-drawing sessions.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Immortalized
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, U.K.

Hails from United Kingdom

I really have to say these are some magnificent poses...and I would like to thank 'Lucy' and to all the others that have helped make these threads so successful by volunteering their services as models.
This has really been beneficial to me and I am sure others will agree.
Ok here is my first painting (Digi) ...I think I will have some fun with these poses...I really liked this pose and it was one that instantly grabbed my attention....there are some others that I plan on doing some ink and wash with...anyway on with the show!!

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Lord of the Arts
California

Hails from United States

Digital Oil-Pastel
I echo Mark's sentinments. Thank you to those that volunteer and help to make these threads possible.
Hear is my first effort to start me rolling.
Hoping to work out a traditional watercolor and a traditional soft pastel this weekend. Other poses are great.
Nice loose start, Mark.

jerry
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2005, 02:29 AM
A Local Legend
Sunshine Coast, Australia

Hails from Australia

I really hate to say this, but I'm starting to like these didi-thingy paintings which don't really exist!

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Immortalized
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, U.K.

Hails from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adair_P
I really hate to say this, but I'm starting to like these didi-thingy paintings which don't really exist!

Yes they are just figments of you imagination!!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Ontario, Canada

Oh these are excellent, think I will have a go at one of them later.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Lord of the Arts
morristown, tn.

Hails from United States

excellant poses of gods creatures, should be viewed as everything is beautiful in his sight. interpitation is the only problem some have. bill
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Lord of the Arts
California

Hails from United States

Soft Pastels on Vellum 8x14
I like the soft light that I got with the pastels. I cropped the pose to prevent the recession I was getting in my sketches. My efforts were mainly with the sides of about 1 inch broken pastels. I started with NuPastels and finished with softer varieties. Blending was done mainly with pastels themselves and a little bit of my fingers. I used a little fixative to mottle and darken a couple areas, not as a protectant.

jerry
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Immortalized
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Hails from United States

These are some great poses! Please thank the model for us!

Mark: Nice work! You nailed that foreshortening.

PAKI: I really like your color choices on the kneeling nude. Blurring/softening the edges is a nice touch.
Love the pastel, also. Nice cropping. It gives the pose a whole new focus.

Here's my sketch. I used digital chalk on digital sanded paper. I plan on painting this one later and I wanted to get familiar with the pose beforehand.

digistyle
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Lord of the Arts
California

Hails from United States

Digi, great sketch. I really like how you isolated the figure and mixed a cool background and a warm pallette to make this statement.

jerry
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2005, 09:34 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Northampton

Hails from England

Mark...I made a little bet with myself that you would be first. Looks like I won. As usual nice, loose and verry successful.

Jerry...nice digi painting... but...you blew that out of the water with your pastels...this better not be the last of your old fashioned drawy things on papery stuff pictures that you post. I'm going to have to resort to a Wow on this one.

Digi...good sketch. Nothing strikes me as off so my best advice as far as turning this into a painting is..Get to it.
My eBay
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Lord of the Arts
California

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimbauds shop
Jerry...nice digi painting... but...you blew that out of the water with your pastels...this better not be the last of your old fashioned drawy things on papery stuff pictures that you post. I'm going to have to resort to a Wow on this one.
Thank you Dave. I will never abandon traditional media. It is my first love. This is where I grew up. It is part of me. Digital painting (9 months worth) has become a fun plaything. I still cannot get over the possibilities with that tool. In theory, I understand it. In reality, it is amazingly similar to the papery stuff (as you say). I did not like the digital thing for about a month. It really bugged me. It was kind of like forcing art out of a garden hose...it just did not work right. Then, I got a new attitude....like any new media.....I said to myself, "just work with it jer, it will flow". Best advice, it worked. It started to flow. It is a flirtatious affair at this point. I am just having too much fun with too much convenience, with too little time to give to the other things. But......I have all this paper, pastels, paints, pencils, pointy things called brushes staring at me daily. They want back into the act. LOL
Anyway, I am here to defend digital as a viable medium, but clearly state, it is no substitute for traditional papery things and all of their relatives. I will be doing more. This is a pretty fun and friendly forum, so I will probably hang out here some. I enjoy the human form as much as anthing I have painted. I find it a touch more challenging at times, but enjoyable just the same.
Besides, I am going to be learning a lot from this group of talent.

jerry
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2005, 04:27 PM
A Local Legend
Charleston, West Virginia

Hails from United States

Hope you don't mind, but I asked the model to adjust her pose a bit. I'll sketch this.

Last edited by WV.Artistry : 09-04-2005 at 05:00 PM.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Pflugerville,TX Between a rock and a weird place

Hails from United States

considering how the c&c's always help I thought I'd post what I have done so far.
raw&burnt umber w/white and gloss heavy gel medium
12x24 on stretched canvas