WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business > Internet Sales Strategies
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast
Tennessee

Hails from United States
World Art Media

I had an email this morning from a business called World Art Media offering representation. I have never heard of this organization. Has anyone here heard of them. Are they worth responding to? Thank you for any help that you can give to me.
Judy

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2005, 12:21 PM
A WC! Legend
New York City

Hails from United States
Re: World Art Media

I received an email from them a few days ago and decided to delete the email.

Judging from 1 or 2 of the galleries that they were associated with, I guessed that they charge the artists several thousands of dollars for representation.

I wasn't impressed with them.

Who knows?
Perhaps I am wrong.

If it turns out that they want to represent you free of charge, please post here.

Thank you.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-11-2005, 12:49 PM
A WC! Legend
Warsaw, IN....The ARTful Dodger

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkinviolet
I had an email this morning from a business called World Art Media offering representation. I have never heard of this organization. Has anyone here heard of them. Are they worth responding to? Thank you for any help that you can give to me.
Judy

What are the terms of representation? DO you have to pay money up front for anything? Have you visited their website?
My ACEOs
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2005, 01:31 AM
Glendale, AZ USA

Hails from United States

I received a similar email as well. I googled for them, and found an interesting website called "Art Alarm:Suspect & Faux Art Venues." I can't vouch for this site, but it had this to say about World Art Media and their NYArts Magazine:

Says one press officer of my acquaintance: "The magazine is distributed to the pr-marketing people at these museums. They can't / don't make any decisions about whose work gets shown or enters the permanent collection. This is bull----."

Here's the link to the entire website:
http://www.atelier-rc.com/Atelier.RC/Art_Alarm.html It's a little hard to read, with that loud background image and yellow font color. But it did have some interesting info. Again, I don't know much about this website, who runs it, and how they evaluate these offers.

I'll say this much about World Art Media: their email to me smacks of a mass mailed form letter. Despite having claimed to look at my work, no specific references to either my name or work were given in the email. I think that this smacks of a money making scam for World Art Media. Besides, I don't even imagnie my type of artwork hanging in any of the galleries they claim to work with on their website. I think they just want my money.

Hope this helps.

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2005, 01:52 AM
A Local Legend
Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia

I get them every few days for awhile, then nothing for a few weeks, then more again. From them and a few other similar groups. I just delete them.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2005, 03:08 AM
Enthusiast
Tennessee

Hails from United States

Thanks all. I had the same feeling that they had never seen my art as they claimed that they had done. I questioned them further and all they wanted to do for $350 of my money was to put a blurb in an online magazine. Big deal. And Jerry, thanks for the link to the art fraud alert website. I checked it out and think that it's worth bookmarking.
Judy

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Lord of the Arts
Minnesota

Hails from United States

I've received them too off and on. What is disconcerning in reading this thread is how did they get our email addresses? Mine isn't public on any sites that I post to and the email are coming to an email address that is not associated with my art at all.

Chris