WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business > Internet Sales Strategies
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

View Poll Results: Is having a blog and the time spent on it worthwhile for low priced artwork?
Don't waste you time advertising art which is so low in price. 2 16.67%
Continue with your blog cause you never know if your art cards will go up in price. 6 50.00%
I don't have an answer to your question. 3 25.00%
Blogs are best to maintain for work that sells at higher prices. 1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 11:34 AM
A WC! Legend
New York City

Hails from United States
Is this crazy or what?

I actually started a blog (as you all know) for my aceo's which are low selling items.

Am I wasting my time with a blog for low-selling items???

I am setting up a small poll.

Don't feel that you have to post here.

You can just vote in my little poll.

*I seem to have a poll addiction, as well as a WC, internet and greedbay addiction.*
ROFLMAO

Your votes, in this public poll, will only be helpful to me.
Thanks in advance.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Lord of the Arts
Louisiana

Hails from United States
Re: Is this crazy or what?

Hi Nina~ I'm thinking that maybe you should continue with your blog, and if you don't have a lot of time to devote to it daily, then get it all set up (profile and whatnot), and then update, maybe weekly or bi-weekly. That will keep you current, without taking time away from other ways of promoting your artwork, that gain you more views/interest/buyers.

Hope that makes sense! LOL

Good luck with your decision!

Nikon D4s & D700| Nikkor 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 70-200 f/2.8 | 35mm f/2 | 105 f/1.4 E | 105 f/2.8 micro | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 ART | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 ART | Lensbaby Composer Pro with Sweet 35, Sweet 50 and Edge 80 Optics

My Website | Like me on Facebook! | My Flickr

**PLEASE**Do not duplicate or paint the photographs seen here without my permission. I may not want them reproduced!**
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Enthusiast
Georgia

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal
*I seem to have a poll addiction, as well as a WC, internet and greedbay addiction.*
LOL- No one would ever have guessed this- NOT!
I think you should continue with your blog but only as long as you enjoy it. If you dont enjoy your blog, then it becomes a chore, and we all have too many of those already.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 12:06 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from Canada

Nina, if you Like doing your Blog then by all means.........
Plus, you can never Guess or Predict what will happen with any given thing you do. You can only find out.
I like the design of your Blog Nina.

This is silly but the only thing that kind of stood out a bit jarring was the way you have elegant Titles ( I forget the exact text) ie: Name:NINA ---- etc. The large block text kind of seemed to stand out too much different than the rest of your design. Leaving a space after the : might help as well as maybe reducing the size of the text after the :

Nina, there must be a Poll-Anon somewhere out there. lol! J/k. They are fun to answer actually so keep doing them.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 03:39 PM
A WC! Legend
the sunshine coast

Hails from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal
Am I wasting my time with a blog for low-selling items???

I guess it depends where you see your ACEOs and blog in your overall marketing strategy.

I believe you said that your hope was that the ACEOs would drive folks to your higher priced items. (Did you say that? I might have that wrong.) If so, they are a promotional/marketing tool.

Your blog is also a promotional/marketing tool.

By using your blog to promote your ACOEs you are using one promotional/marketing tool to promote another promotional/marketing tool when what they both should be doing is encouraging folks to your higher priced work.

I guess what I'm saying is that your blog should feature your higher priced work and that your ACEOs should direct folks to your higher priced work and/or your blog.

On the other hand, maybe ACEOs are what you are all about. In which case you need to up your production rate. If you look at this seller (), you'll see that, while not listing ACEOs, his paintings are priced at not much more than an ACEO would be listed at. He has achieved powerseller status through quantity.

All MHO.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 03:46 PM
A WC! Legend
She who rambles

Hails from United Kingdom

Who's to say your ACOEs won't sell your larger work? It's all part and parcel of you as an artist so people might like that they can read a bit about your and your thoughts regardless of what size work you're blogging about. I'd continue as long as you enjoy it, like everyone else said.

Tina.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 05:48 PM
new york

Hails from United States

i agree .. only do the blog if you enjoy it and if you have time. Actually the only reason i keep a "blog" is because I'm a showoff and the items that go on the blog are just a sample of my daily or weekly creations. Are you using Picasa, hello it's software good provides to make blogging easier ... photos you click and publish and it' goes straight to your blog. I'm usually too lazy to type in any more than the file name.

Also why not put a link to your ebay auctions and your website? I forgot which you decided but I do remember you mentioning yourown site a few posts back. At the very least it's another place that links to your ebay store = more exposure.

Good luck!

Last edited by nanabanana : 07-25-2005 at 06:08 PM.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 08:18 PM
A WC! Legend
New York City

Hails from United States

Thank you, Alishia.
Your ideas are good and they make alot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryAli
Hi Nina~ I'm thinking that maybe you should continue with your blog, and if you don't have a lot of time to devote to it daily, then get it all set up (profile and whatnot), and then update, maybe weekly or bi-weekly. That will keep you current, without taking time away from other ways of promoting your artwork, that gain you more views/interest/buyers.

Hope that makes sense! LOL

Good luck with your decision!
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 08:19 PM
A WC! Legend
New York City

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymathis
LOL- No one would ever have guessed this- NOT!
I think you should continue with your blog but only as long as you enjoy it. If you dont enjoy your blog, then it becomes a chore, and we all have too many of those already.
Thank you for expressing your thoughts, Andy.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 08:21 PM
A WC! Legend
New York City

Hails from United States

Thanks very much, Joss.

I am working with a template, but what you point out about the font is absolutely true. I will see what I can do about this, in time.

O.K.
I will keep posting polls.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelynsart
Nina, if you Like doing your Blog then by all means.........
Plus, you can never Guess or Predict what will happen with any given thing you do. You can only find out.
I like the design of your Blog Nina.

This is silly but the only thing that kind of stood out a bit jarring was the way you have elegant Titles ( I forget the exact text) ie: Name:NINA ---- etc. The large block text kind of seemed to stand out too much different than the rest of your design. Leaving a space after the : might help as well as maybe reducing the size of the text after the :

Nina, there must be a Poll-Anon somewhere out there. lol! J/k. They are fun to answer actually so keep doing them.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 08:31 PM
A WC! Legend
New York City

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandge
I guess it depends where you see your ACEOs and blog in your overall marketing strategy...
I am in the process of developing a marketing strategy, but do not actually have one firmly in place.

Quote:
I believe you said that your hope was that the ACEOs would drive folks to your higher priced items. (Did you say that? I might have that wrong.) If so, they are a promotional/marketing tool.
Yes, it is a hope of mine that the ACEO's will drive folks to my higher priced work and this already occurred on 1 occasion.

Quote:
.................................................. ......................
I guess what I'm saying is that your blog should feature your higher priced work and that your ACEOs should direct folks to your higher priced work and/or your blog.
I understand, Sandra.
Thank you for stating your opinion about this.

Quote:
On the other hand, maybe ACEOs are what you are all about. In which case you need to up your production rate. If you look at this seller (), you'll see that, while not listing ACEOs, his paintings are priced at not much more than an ACEO would be listed at. He has achieved powerseller status through quantity.
I have thought about what ravens_laughter has been doing for months.
I don't think he ever fp's any of his work. He is also a very nice person, who I emailed a couple of times.

His art is medium-sized (to me) and often his prices are bid up quite high (but not all that high, it seems).

I cannot speak to how long it takes him to create his work since I haven't a clue about it.
But, I realized I could not operate as he does (which I considered doing for quite awhile) since every piece of work I create is time-consuming.

Thanks very much for your feedback, Sandra.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 08:32 PM
A WC! Legend
New York City

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelady
Who's to say your ACOEs won't sell your larger work? It's all part and parcel of you as an artist so people might like that they can read a bit about your and your thoughts regardless of what size work you're blogging about. I'd continue as long as you enjoy it, like everyone else said.

Tina.

Thank you, Tina!
You raise good points.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 08:34 PM
A WC! Legend
New York City

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivinne
i agree .. only do the blog if you enjoy it and if you have time. Actually the only reason i keep a "blog" is because I'm a showoff and the items that go on the blog are just a sample of my daily or weekly creations. Are you using Picasa, hello it's software good provides to make blogging easier ... photos you click and publish and it' goes straight to your blog. I'm usually too lazy to type in any more than the file name.

Also why not put a link to your ebay auctions and your website? I forgot which you decided but I do remember you mentioning yourown site a few posts back. At the very least it's another place that links to your ebay store = more exposure.

Good luck!

Hi Nana,
I do not use Picaso.
Thanks for mentioning it.

Good idea about putting a link to my ebay auctions and website in my blog.
Thank you very much.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 10:43 PM
new york

Hails from United States

re: software --- sorry i just realized how bad my typos were. it's google developed provides those software:

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1155

Make sure you download: picasa, hello (they work together so posting an image to blog takes a few seconds ) picasa is image manageing software and hello (blogger bot) is where you type your blog entries and posts the images that picasa finds.

Suggestion - it's easier to have a folder that you dedicate for blog posting this way you know where to get the images when dropping images to blog. Picasa automatically puts your newest pics in the very last so you can see it. I use dates to title my images aka 072505_1, 072505_2,

Last edited by nanabanana : 07-25-2005 at 10:46 PM.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2005, 11:24 PM
A WC! Legend
New York City

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivinne
re: software --- sorry i just realized how bad my typos were. it's google developed provides those software:

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1155

Make sure you download: picasa, hello (they work together so posting an image to blog takes a few seconds ) picasa is image manageing software and hello (blogger bot) is where you type your blog entries and posts the images that picasa finds.

Suggestion - it's easier to have a folder that you dedicate for blog posting this way you know where to get the images when dropping images to blog. Picasa automatically puts your newest pics in the very last so you can see it. I use dates to title my images aka 072505_1, 072505_2,
Thanks for the information, Nana.
I appreciate it.