WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Studio Tips and Framing
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member
Land of Rain

Hails from United States
Soltek Easel: HELP!

What do you do if water gets inside the legs of the easel?
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2005, 01:59 PM
A Local Legend
Portland OR

Hails from United States
Re: Soltek Easel: HELP!

does it have rubber tips at the feet? I would find some way to drain the water out.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2005, 02:45 AM
Veteran Member
Land of Rain

Hails from United States

I asked the manufacturer (fyi) and they said not to worry.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Lake Oswego, OR

Hails from United States
Cool Re: Soltek Easel: HELP!

I am wondering how you like your soltek easel and if any other members have any input on them. They seem great but not very many people have posted info on them. Does anyone have any reviews? Thanks. Roxanne
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2005, 03:11 AM
Veteran Member
Land of Rain

Hails from United States

DUUUUUUDDDDEEE!!! It is the best thing that has made it into my art life. I carry everything in it. It weighs 9 pounds empty, but even filled, it weighs like 13 pounds (which is less than most other wooden French easels).

I carry a collapsable water bucket that holds a pint of water, all painting accessories with a bit of innovation. (I put velcro at the legs as they used to swing open and velcro/duct tape on one of the wings to hold my paint brushes). For the longest time, I thought the huge palette was stupid, but come to find out, if you use normal tube paints, it is the best thing. I began using the palette after like a year of purchasing many others. The one that comes with the Soltek is soooo easy to clean. It fits inbetween the wings and the storage when closed producing a drawer. Lift it up and there's paint. It's great!

I use this easel for everything. When I was moving to Oregon, I had no furniture, but I had the Soltek. I needed a place to set my laptop, so opened the easel and placed a large board on it. It became a desk, held my laptop, papers, pencils and coffee!

When traveling, it carries everything but the water. On the outside it is capable of carrying 11x14 canvases or watercolor papers without problems.

Anyway, I love this easel.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-02-2005, 11:32 PM

Hails from United States

I have used the Soltek easel for about five years. I find I paint more often outdoors because of the portability and very quick set-up. the backpack that is sold as an option to the easel holds everything. I travel everywhere with it.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2005, 10:29 PM
A WC! Legend
New York's Hudson Valley

Hails from United States

I've often thought about getting a Soltek, but two things have prevented me: the weight, and the legs. My fold-up easel is less than six pounds, much lighter than the Soltek. Also, one of my friends keeps having problems with the legs on his Soltek, so he bought two. That way, when one is being sent back to be fixed, he can use the other.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2007, 11:54 PM
San Diego

Hails from United States

Hi , I was happy to find this site, as I am thinking about getting a Soltek for watercolor work. I can't find the manufacterers web site. I WANTED TO KNOW what the lowest working height is for a flat work area ,as like to work sitting on a folding chair. I can't seem to get any info on how "low it will go"
Does anyone know? ...Thanks Eddie in San Diego
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2007, 02:04 AM
Saint Paul, MN

Hails from United States

Hi Eddie,

Have a look at soltekarts.com

Regards,
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2011, 01:29 AM

Hails from United States

I'm surprised they'd build something so well and use plastic for some parts. Some parts have broken off mine some got brittle. I wonder if they would sell parts.

My Blog ... My Facebook ... My Work
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artfullyme
I'm surprised they'd build something so well and use plastic for some parts. Some parts have broken off mine some got brittle. I wonder if they would sell parts.

Hi - they do sell parts. I lost one of the little tightening nuts, and have just ordered a replacement.