WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:04 AM
A Local Legend
Sabina, Oh

Hails from United States
Weekly Scumble June 13 Thru 19

Hi everyone!! Welcome to our weekly chat thread! This is our place to exchange
news of a more personal nature, our jobs, families, kids, and pets. So come on in and visit!

Had a pretty busy weekend. We are getting ready for the birth of our foal. Poor Phaedra looks ready to pop! Come to think of it, so does my step daughter. Our third grandchild of the year is due the same day as the foal! What a race that will be!

If you get a chance, check out our Top Ten Studio Necessities thread. Lots of interesting stuff in there!

Katherine Taylor-Green Pastel Artist
http://www.certaintylabradors.com/free_rein_studio.html
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:18 AM
A Local Legend
Langdon, Alberta

Hails from Canada
Re: Weekly Scumble June 13 Thru 19

I am so not drinking the water around your place, Kate! It seems that everyone who does, ends up pregnant!

This week promises to be a bit nutsoid at work. I now have to attend a conference early next week and that means some last minute scrambling for travel and accomodations plans. Oh - and the permanent posting for my position has finally been posted so I have to put together a great application for it before Thursday. Now I guess Ijust have to hold off on getting sick until after we move. I have been feeling progressively worse for a couple of weeks now and I am just waiting for that morning I wake up and can't lift myself out of bed because I am so sick! Meanwhile - C's and zinc should hold it at bay.

This conference next week is going to be neat. And it is relatively close to the art store where I can get full sheets of colourfix for cheap so I might as well take the time to stock up! I am so not allowed to travel anymore this year.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:59 AM
A WC! Legend
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Hails from United States

Kate, hope the birthings go well and easily for all and sundry!

Cori--feeling sick, are you? Hope it isn't the WATER!

I've finally gotten some news from my son in Macedonia. Things are going great there. <whew!> He's the worship leader for the team and apparently they were asked to perform at the the local cultural center but they want EVERYBODY on the team to get up on stage and sing... so they've gained a reluctant choir. Trust me, there are three of them who sing, and nine who DON'T, soooooo... I hope they are poised and gracious, and not too far out of tune!

I've got to get to my studio and clean it, plus do a bunch of PJ stuff today. I was hoping to get ahead in my writing and maybe make a dent in the housework this week, but I just seem to get behinder, as they say! <shrug>

Deborah
Gouache Blog
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 12:05 PM
A Local Legend
Sabina, Oh

Hails from United States

LOL Cori, long as it's not me!!! I think I would shoot someone.
What are you staving off? Allergies? I've been fighting allergies. Been sick off and on since last fall! I get better, then worse. I had a real nasty attack right after my daughter had her little boy. Went back to the dr. last Tuesday, got tons more medicine. He says if this doesn't knock it, he is sending me to an allergist. I have never had such a miserable year.
So, take care.

Katherine Taylor-Green Pastel Artist
http://www.certaintylabradors.com/free_rein_studio.html
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 12:39 PM
A Local Legend
Langdon, Alberta

Hails from Canada

I think it's the cold that has been circulating around our office...allergies haven't been too bad this year (they usually start in April and go to September with me). I think the rain has been washing away all of the allergens. Of course, once it ends, there will likely be moulds to contend with.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member
"The 50"

Hails from Canada

Hi ladies

Kate ...I'll take a bottle of that water!!! Been trying for a couple yrs for a second one.....and my "age gap allowance" between kids is running out. Hope all your upcoming births be wonderous and uneventful.

Well we are finally getting some rain.....thank goodness, we really need it. Nothing worse then a fire ban during camping season!

Cori stay dry!! you must have tons of moisture in the air down there right now, and damp cool air has got to be the worst for bringing out colds....well at least in this part of the province, we are so used to hot dry weather this time of year.

Here's some pics I got in an email today of the weather last week in southern Alberta.....AMAZING PHOTOS.
Attached Images

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 01:58 PM
A Local Legend
Colorado Springs -- Pikes Peak Country!!

Hails from United States

Whoa! Those are awesome storm clouds, Dania!! If one tried to paint them, no one would believe them real!a

"Real learning comes quietly, unannounced, without a parade." Elizabeth Mowry
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 02:03 PM
A WC! Legend
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Hails from United States

Yikes--wall cloud supreme there! What a classic twister! And the COLORS!!! Wow!

Deborah
Gouache Blog
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 03:37 PM
A Local Legend
Elk Grove, CA

Hails from United States

Birthing is a real pattern in your life of late Kate...when will you get to paint again with all these babies????

Cori, so sorry you are fighting off a cold. With the wierd Spring we've all been experiencing, I'm surprised we all aren't down with something. My allergies have been having a field day this year. Yesterday, I had to flee a meeting because I had a sneeze attach that just would not stop...soon as I was outside it subsided...so had to be something in that room. Nothing is more disruptive though than sneezing! Anyway, hope the C and zinc keep you on your feet for all the things on your agenda.

Dania, those are definitely run-for-cover clouds. Wow! We've seen some pretty strange ones off and on this year (tornadoes are not normal occurrances in California) but nothing of that intensity. Those look like nature in a REALLY bad mood!

Well, I'm a semi-normal person again (never having been normal in my life) and back to normal humbling household chores. Deborah, I can really relate to the delimma of the housework. I have such a tiny house, it would seem like keeping it should be nothing at all. HA! Just laundry keeps me busy forever...then there's hand-washing dishes...that follows every meal that gets cooked...I've been telling myself that I must get under our bed and dust because I have been having serious allergy attacks every night...but night comes around again and it isn't done. Thank heavens John takes care of outside chores! Mostly, I put together to-do lists, get depressed and go paint to console myself. I'm grateful to live in an area where neighbors don't drop by unexpectedly.

Happy Painting!
Mikki

"To Begin, Begin." - Wadsworth
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 05:13 PM
A Local Legend
Langdon, Alberta

Hails from Canada

It really has been a weird spring...so much water is strange for here and I imagine the added humidy in my lungs is probably adding to the feeling of coming down with a cold. I have been struggling through an asthma attack for the past 4 hours and cannot pinpoint the trigger. Everytime I cough, my office mates keep saying they are going to take up a collection for new lungs for me! Just a weird weird season this year.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 06:14 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Keep your inhaler handy, Cori! It's so weird...DRY air triggers my asthma rather than vice versa. I guess about half asthma sufferers are like that and the other half respond negatively to humidity. Just goes to show...

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 07:56 PM
A Local Legend
Langdon, Alberta

Hails from Canada

handy, it always is. Calgary is weird weatherwise, most of the time so I am accustommed.

So today I spent the majority of the day making travel arrangements for this conference I am going to next week. I swear, this trip is taking more indepth planning than my trip to toronto did...and this one is just a 3 hour drive away to Edmonton. The main issue is that i have to book a hotel and arrange for ground transportation and so on. The toronto trip was just book a flight, pack and stay with Ed. Oh - and eat hot dogs for a week.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 09:13 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

ACK! Hot dogs for a week???? Is that for Edmonton or Toronto? (indelicate belching sound here!)

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 09:17 PM
A Local Legend
Langdon, Alberta

Hails from Canada

lol..Toronto. I could get veggie dogs there (I don't eat beef or pork). I didn't really eat them all week, but I did enjoy a fair few. here in Alberta Beef country, you can't buy a veggie dog from a stand. In Edmonton, I imagine I'll be eating real meals...after all, they are paid for by the school!
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member
"The 50"

Hails from Canada

WHAT!!! An Albertan who does eat BEEF!!! AND A CALGARIAN TO BOOT!!

What is this world coming too?!!! Hang your head in shame, girl!!!

....TOTALLY JOKING OF COURSE!!!!

* I kinda wonder though......do people try to stone ya when you go out in public?

Last edited by Muffin_4377 : 06-13-2005 at 09:43 PM.