Turned over a quarter-sheet of 200# Curry's w/c paper (CP), and used the other side. This paper has very different felt/wire sides; liked the smoothness of this. So, it's about 11"x15" and I had to PhotoShop the scans to stitch them together. Also tried to make it better reflect the original, messing about with various controls (adjusting levels, brightness, etc.), and despeckling (that seems to help with the way the scanner 'reads' the roughness of the paper!).
On Monday evening I started this meaning to explore green tomato colors (from a w/c thread); I chose W/N New Gamboge, Winsor green BS, and (to neutralize the green, of course) quinacridone red. Well, then a funny thing happened: WC! went down. For 3 days. I kept trying to get another look at the original ref pic, but also kept adding abstract things (intentional folds!!!). So, you can dimly see the very beginnings of a huge green tomato (and a huge red one to its right!) in the center.
I really don't know if this is done. In some ways, I'd like to put in that green tomato. In other ways, well, tell me what you think!
Oh, I didn't want to take up a thread in Ab/Con, given all the new pent-up real art that has yet to be posted there! And I checked out the Open Critique forum and the level of critiqueing was insufficient to my needs. Could have tried the w/c Gallery again, but that moves pretty quickly, too. So I decided to post here again, where threads at least move more slowly.
and a couple details: