WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-08-2004, 07:23 PM
A WC! Legend
Kington, Herefordshire, England

Hails from United Kingdom
Lightbulb WHITE LIGHT - what does it mean to you?

Someone enquired in one of the threads I started , what we mean here in the forum by 'White Light'

It occured to me there may be folk who are not sure but dont like to ask.... and I realised my answer might not bethe same as everyone elses. so I thought Id start this thread for folk to share their own definitions and experieinces.

here my first attempt at a definition........please add your thoughts to it

'White Light' ......

to me its a powerful energy beam, made up of prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes, good wishes etc......whatever is most apropriate to the sender, since we are of different faiths and beliefs......... and is winged across cyberspace to anyone in need in any way....... whether physically or emotionally. When a whole group of Wcers send it out individually at the same time, it seems to help the recipient greatly...... and often seems to promote healing......... members will request prayers and white light for themselves, friends and family in the Daily Wash and since it is infinite it can be beamed to any number of folk at the same time. When folk are particularly up against it in a life threatening situation we will turn up the wick for as long as is needed.......

My personal experience of it......... and of 'Cyber-elastic' which is something else we send to each other when suffering from 'Droopy Drawers' ......

when Ive been ill or having surgery or worrying about tests.......knowing that there's a group of cyber friends here thinking about me and rooting for me gives me a very warm feeling and a positive attitude which Im sure helps healing. I have no close family who know about my worries on a day to day basis...... and certainly dont send letters to all my friends saying...... hey, Im off to the doctors today, think of me ...... so the cyber support is important and comforting........

how about you?
All my pastel portraits HERE ....currently being updated! Website : www.JayteesArt.co.uk : also needing updating ! ...... and over in Facebook 'Self Portraits Studio' and just re-discovered this wonderful group here 'Self Portraits Join in the Fun'
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-08-2004, 08:03 PM
WC! Guide
The Rockies, Montana, USA

Hails from United States
Re: WHITE LIGHT - what does it mean to you?

metaphysically:

white light = Energy that balances and restores, natural and available to all living things. Emanations from the spiritual, the light of God.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-08-2004, 08:55 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Colour, in and of itself, has no physical properties... However, the spectrum is viewed and perceived by the mind, carried along wavelengths of light... All objects reflect or absorb the energy and atmospheric variables enable us to see colour.

White light consists of all spectral hues reflected from the surface of any object... Therefore it is comprised of all primaries and hues...

White light represents, to me, the collective energy of the folks here at WC! As an Artists Nation, we are all colours of the world... Sending white light means that we are reflecting all our energy and beaming it to those in need...

It is a positive way of expressing our care and concern... I have been the recipient of white light and can honestly say that it's very comforting to know that people held me in their thoughts for some amount of time...

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-08-2004, 09:54 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampe
metaphysically:

white light = Energy that balances and restores, natural and available to all living things. Emanations from the spiritual, the light of God.
My view exactly Pam .
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2004, 09:36 AM
A Local Legend
Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

It is gentle but powerful. I am a little stressed today and I feel comforted just reading about it

'Tis the set of the sails and not the gales
E W Wilcox
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Immortalized
Just south of Sacramento

Hails from United States

I agree with all of the above, and when alone and down, it does make me feel better knowing it's out there.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2004, 07:34 PM
A WC! Legend
Wigan Lancashire England

Hails from England

Being interested in mystical and paranormal things - this is what I was once told about white light.

The experience of the clear white light is a mystical vision seen with the mind's eye as vividly as one would see with the physical eyes. We are always seeing light with the third eye in some degree. Close your eyes and envision a large tree standing alone upon a hill covered with flowers bursting out of lush green grass in the field around. Imagine the scene taking place on a sunny day; the clear crisp air in the high altitude brings forth the images distinctly. Put a cloud in the sky for contrast.

The light you have been seeing, as you have been creating these suggested images, one at a time, with your thoughts inspired by what you have been reading, is the inner light flooding through the external mind. Remove the cloud from the picture - the flowers, the grass, and the tree. Inner light alone would remain. This inner light intensified one thousand times would be called "the clear white light".

It was my understanding that for peace and healing then it is pink light - I used to send that but as the majority use white light I left it out as I didn't want to confuse people.....lol.

Pat
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Immortalized
On the Dakota Prairie

Hails from Antarctica

A halogen bulb that costs and arm and leg to replace

Deb

My Paintings
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2004, 09:54 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampe
metaphysically:

YES..........

AND

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM
Colour, in and of itself, has no physical properties... However, the spectrum is viewed and perceived by the mind, carried along wavelengths of light... All objects reflect or absorb the energy and atmospheric variables enable us to see colour.

White light consists of all spectral hues reflected from the surface of any object... Therefore it is comprised of all primaries and hues...

White light represents, to me, the collective energy of the folks here at WC! As an Artists Nation, we are all colours of the world... Sending white light means that we are reflecting all our energy and beaming it to those in need...

It is a positive way of expressing our care and concern... I have been the recipient of white light and can honestly say that it's very comforting to know that people held me in their thoughts for some amount of time...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog
~ Location Sketches ~
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2004, 10:42 PM
A WC! Legend
New Canaan Connecticut

Hails from United States

If I understand
you concerning White Light ,I have
read many accounts of near Death where the person saw White Light and was Peaceful and unafraid.
Is this the Light that you are referring to or the Dream- Like state you go into( I do anyway!) when you are painting ?
June

http://blogmomcom.blogspot.com/
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-10-2004, 05:49 AM
Resting in Peace
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

I am a down to earth/ no metaphysics variety of a human being, so for me white light here means simply

Empathy
Care
Concern
Friendship and keeping someone company through though times
Sharing feelings and emotions across different cultures, places, commitments and beliefs

Olga
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-10-2004, 07:19 AM
Immortalized
Istanbul / Turkey

Hails from Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olga
I am a down to earth/ no metaphysics variety of a human being, so for me white light here means simply

Empathy
Care
Concern
Friendship and keeping someone company through though times
Sharing feelings and emotions across different cultures, places, commitments and beliefs

Olga

Olga, these are exactly my thoughts... thanks for explaning it

click here for My Website
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-10-2004, 07:35 AM
A WC! Legend
Wigan Lancashire England

Hails from England

Quote:
Originally Posted by NodakerDeb
A halogen bulb that costs and arm and leg to replace

Deb

ROTFL - I like that!!

Pat
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-10-2004, 09:52 AM
A Local Legend
Sister Bay, WI

Hails from United States

Love all the descriptions.
I think I am more in line with Olga's thinking.
JoAnn
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-11-2004, 03:12 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from Canada

We have many belief systems represented here, so when the good folks on WC offer to send me "White Light" I understand it to mean they are sending me their good vibes, well wishes, positive thoughts, prayers, even lighting a candle for me. Whatever their personal beliefs are, how they express the concept of "white light" is an individual thing.

On the other hand, when I offer to send "white light" to someone else, it means I'm praying for them, and asking God to help them in their time of need.

However it's expressed, "white light" is meant to benifit the person in need, in a show of support by those who send it.