WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 12:22 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

**~DAILY WASH~** MONDAY 29th November 2004

Phew wc was down again!! Scary Stuff..

Well I have finished my Upper Barrier Lake #3 painting I think.. Have a look and tell me what you think now please lovely peoples. The actual painting is not quite as bright as the pic..

I have also painted my first abstract Coming Home and have posted it too. I am kinda chuffed with it actually..

Huge hugs to Barb, I hope you are getting stronger with each passing day .. (((((i)))))

Huggles everyone.

Have a great day and stay safe..

Last edited by laudesan : 11-29-2004 at 12:39 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 01:59 AM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Re: **~DAILY WASH~** MONDAY 29th November 2004

Hi everyone Not a great day weather-wise here, but a good day nonetheless.
Have been to the physio, to the gym, done some painting and about to do some more.
My knee is coming along well, strapping off today and will see how it goes.
He has given me some more exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee.

JJ, I have just looked at your abstract - I am sooooooooo impressed! Absolutely love it! And you once said abstract was not your thing
Will pop over soon and look at the other one.

So sorry to hear about Barb, get well soon please ((((i))))

To all yet to come -
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 02:19 AM
A Local Legend
Deepest Wettest Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Morning each,

And I get to follow my 2 fav ladies

Clear and chilly here today, got a lot of rushing around to do today, the will have to look at starting the horses.

Will go and look at your pic JJ,

BBL

Insanity is hereditary ............ you can get it from your children ....or Grandchildren
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 02:23 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Hi ya Kev.. What horses???
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 03:22 AM
A Local Legend
Deepest Wettest Lancashire

This weeks challenge is horses.

I've been in and given you some advice on the reflections in your Lake painting. It's preety long but hope it helps.

Insanity is hereditary ............ you can get it from your children ....or Grandchildren
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 04:08 AM
A WC! Legend
Wigan Lancashire England

Hails from England

MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Well you may well wonder why I am up at this unearthly hour of 9am - then again you may not give a monkeys - anyways - I thought seeing as we will be opening the new office soon I had better start getting in the habit of getting up in the morning.......lol. Mind you will probably be asleep this afternoon!

Hugs and white light to Barb.

Waving to JJ - Kev and Lulu

Am going for a cuppa now (or two) and some brekky - try and wake up a bit.

BBL

Love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 04:17 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Hey there G/F... LOL you get up early every morning..

Kev thanks. I have posted my update using your critique and Olga's and Brians.. I just added it as an edit, so you wont get an email update....

I truly do appreciate all the help you guys are giving me on this lake painting. I really do want to get it perfect!!

You guys are the best!!!!!!!!!!

I wish one of youse would paint it..
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 05:21 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,

Just a little past 5:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. Nice and quiet and peaceful outside.

JJ, Will take a peek at both your paintings after I finish here in the Wash. Looking forward to seeing your abstract, its a new area for you!

Lulu, Glad your knee is coming along and getting stronger. I'm still having a little trouble with mine, but it has definitely felt better the last two days. I'm being extra-careful not to twist it suddenly though, don't want to go backward with the healing.

Kev, Looking forward to seeing your horses later this week.

Pat, Welcome to the morning world. Looks different, doesn't it? Tell us what your business is again, please? I forget exactly what you said way back when.

Bob, re the pop-up advertisement in the alternate WC site—I take no credit for that! Thank you very much. Humph! I chose to ignore it and hit the "Discussion" button so I could see what my fellow WCers were saying.

Barb, Sorry to hear you've been ill. I hope you are in our Recovery Room and receiving white light and good vibes to help you get better.

Spent several hours yesterday afternoon raking up golden maple leaves from the trees in our neighbors' yard. Hopefully that will be the last time for this season, there are only a few die-hard stragglers hanging on.

Not much happening, still in a "creative pause" in regards to painting. Don't have anything that is calling me to paint it.

I'm off to look at JJ's two paintings and the rest of the Gallery now. SYL,

Sylvia
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 05:22 AM
A WC! Legend
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Hi all,

Thanks to those (Uschi, Patty, Sylvia, and probably some I'm forgetting) who commented favorably in yesterday's wash on my camera & my calendars.

Regarding the camera, I hope to post a pic or two tomorrow. I took almost 200 pics today, most at daughter's soccer tournament (got to use the burst mode) and a few at some stops during my drive to San Diego (using the auto-bracketing feature).

Regarding the calendars (shameless plug here) - remember that there aren't that many shopping days left until Christmas.

JJ, good to see you painting actively again.

to Lulu, Kev, & Pat.

Wishing the best for Barb.

OK, I'm off to sort through 193 photos
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 06:02 AM
A WC! Legend
Wigan Lancashire England

Hails from England

Sylvia - yes you are right the world does look a bit different at this time in the morning...lol.

The current business we have involves transport - we have a black hackney cab that runs off the rank in town and we also have other vehicles that we use in our contract work - mainly the local college and education department - an oil firm in London and a firm here in Wigan - moving students and managers and associates about - either from the plants to the airports or from home to schools - or from the airports to hotels.

It isn't a taxi firm in the normal sense of the word as we don't take phone calls from members of the public - the only public we deal with are those that hail the taxi from the taxi rank - all the others are accounts with firms - and for those we use executive saloon cars or in the case of students - a minibus.

Liam and I are still negotiating a contract to recruit teachers to go over to China to teach conversational English - we hope that is to be up and running by early next year..so that is another arm of the Brogan empire......ROTFL.

But hey - you know I will still talk to you all when I have made my first million!!!....LOL.

Blimey Dave - I thought I was bad for taking a lot of photos but you got me beat...LOL.

Right off to buy a coffee perculator and put some flat pack office furniture together - BBL

Pat xxx
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 08:08 AM
Immortalized
Carlisle, UK

Waving to everyone..

Think I need to make booking into recovery room.. either that or I have gone senile at 35..., cracked a filling in a tooth on Saturday 5am, had some emergency dental work done during the day, but cant actually rememeber having it done..

Aargh... if I knew senility was going to set in this early I would have planned things different...

I will keep struggling on through... one day it will be dawn rather than night...

Never deprive someone of hope - it may be all they have. Unknown.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 08:15 AM
A Local Legend
Sister Bay, WI

Hails from United States

Greetings
Hope Barb gets better soon!
Pat Good Luck with new business and getting up early (for you)!
Have to check out your paintings JJ.
By the way where are Sandbanx and Maltman?
Olga hasn't been visiting us either.
This and that today!
Have a good one.
JoAnn
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 08:25 AM
A WC! Legend
Kansas

Hails from United States

Good morning Washyappletons!

Ahhhh a lovely Monday....back to work and all that! Supposed to snow a bit here today, not much though, but will probably be enough to send everyone into a panic out on the roads. They usually go way too slow for me and I have to pass everyone. I am careful though...it's just they are too careful! I've never been in an accident yet, that was my fault.

Daughter is finally up and getting ready for school. I don't know how she can get ready in 15 minutes, but she does it.

Dominic, did the dentist perhaps give you some kind of sedative such as the gas that puts you into dreamy land? Maybe that's why you can't remember, or perhaps it was so painful you blocked it out of your memory. Whichever, I hope you are feeling better now.

LOL about your calendar/booze gift ordeal yesterday Pat! I went with the calendars this year.....

Yes, Joann where are Sandbanx and Malty? I miss them here too and I also miss Olga! You get used to people being here and miss them.

Well gotta go, have a great day!
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 08:29 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good morning Washers!!! It's cold (-5 when I awoke), but calm and the sun is really trying its best to shine...

(((Barb))) Beaming positive energy and healing light to you... please get well soon... you'll be in my prayers for sure...

I'll have a look at your paintings as soon as I can, JJ...

Hi Lulu! Don't overdo your exercises...

Mornin' Kev... you haven't even started your challenge for this week??? Sheesh... it's making ME nervous! LOL

Syl... don't worry about the pause... you'll find some beautiful piece of architecture that will inspire you and those brushes will be wet in no time...

Dave... LOL... seems like you're having a bit of fun with your new toy!

Pat... one of my Staff (along with his wife) started up a very similar business... They transport handicapped folks from place to place in handibuses... their business did so well that my young man quit his job with the company and is working his transport business full time... They added 2 new vehicles to their *fleet* in the first year!!! Good luck with yours... I suspect that you'll really do well ('specially with you at the helm)...

Oh Dominic... sometimes it just feels as though the bad luck will never end... (((hugs))) to you...

JoAnn... hopefully, our absent friends are just busy or taking a bit of a sebatical...

Morning Sprite... my Magoo keeps telling me that it's a medically proven fact that teenagers need to sleep longer in the morning than the rest of us... LOL

I need to get some work done... hopefully will get to the Gallery some time today... Sending good thoughts and positive energy your way!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2004, 09:12 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

Good morning, afternoon, evening everyone,
It looks like I am going to be completely ready for the holidays by Dec 1. After that nothing to do but enjoy the season and paint.

JJ - I am going to look at the gallery after this and will check out your paintings
Lulu - Glad to hear the knee is getting better.
Kev - great pics yesterday. Can't wait to see the horses. I'm following your challenges closely. You and Chris are getting better every week! (not to imply you weren't good before ).
Pat - good morning You must be excited with the opening coming up
Sylvia - glad to hear your knee is improving too. What is it with all the knee problems lately
Dave - sounds like you are having fun with your camera. Maybe I should read the manual for mine and I would be able to make it do what I want
Dominic - hope you are feeling better today. The dentist probably did give you another kind of drug during the procedure.
JoAnn
(((((Barb)))))
Patty - great pic of you with your calendar. Good gift idea
Kate - I recognized the church doorway right away.
Uschi - there were a lot of stockings in the picture. Everyone gets one (old and young). We have always said that Santa brings the ones for the children and the adults get ones from each other (to save confusion in little ones). It is a great idea. If people find little gifts perfect for a person they anonamously can drop it in the stocking. No one feels they have to buy for everyone and you get little treasures each year.
Mary Lou - condolences on not being able to decorate this year It wouldn't feel like Christmas without all the favourite things I've collected over the years.
Char - the research Magoo is referring to actually went so far as to suggest that school open after 10:00 am because they need to sleep longer.

Here are my decoration pics for today. They are of the stairs going up into my family room (one up and one down). They are taken without flash. The empty stockings are hanging on the railings (each one hand made to match the person). Most of the toys on the stairs do something, sing, dance, etc. Children love playing with them.

to all who come after this.

www.ellenspalette.com

Last edited by Ellen in Ont : 11-29-2004 at 09:15 AM.