WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2004, 04:38 AM
Resting in Peace
NZ

Hails from England
Talking Robt Wade Book.

Greetings,
Just bought Robert Wade (Oz) Watercolour Workshop Handbook ISBN 1-929834-15-2. Class act, goes well with my Joseph Zubuvich (sp). Looking forward to lots of practice and exciting finds. He has an accompanying video out with the same name I think. Good stuff
Billyg.

Oh come along with me to my little corner of the world, and dream a dream with me.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2004, 05:01 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Robt Wade Book.

I agree with you, Billy, it is an excellent book with much good advice on how to approach painting and develop it as a career.

Doug
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2004, 06:44 AM
Resting in Peace
Kington, Herefordshire, England

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi Billy

Long time no see Hope alls well with you and your nekkid ladies

Ive just finished 2 new books. ..........Shirley Travena......'Taking Risks with Watercolour' which is full of the most amazing step by step WIP detail Ive ever seen from any artist .... pages of close-ups and explanation as to how a particular paitning in her own uniquely colourful style developed . it has inspired me to experiment. so watch out you guys.........

and 'Harley Browns Eternal Truths for Every Artist' which probably didnt tell me anything I didnt already know but told me in an amusing and more importantly 'memorable' way......... a guy who isnt trying to be impressively academic about his teaching !!!

youve also reminded me Im supposed to be compiling the BOOK section of the guide. so right now I will create a thread in Tech forum to start adding things to !!!!
All my pastel portraits HERE ....currently being updated! Website : www.JayteesArt.co.uk : also needing updating ! ...... and over in Facebook 'Self Portraits Studio' and just re-discovered this wonderful group here 'Self Portraits Join in the Fun'
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2004, 07:26 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Rust Belt

Hails from United Nations

billyg Says,Greetings,
Just bought Robert Wade (Oz) Watercolour Workshop Handbook ISBN 1-929834-15-2. Class act.

Want to echo Billy and Yorky's thoughts on Wade's book. After reading a thread in which Doug recommended this book I went to look for it. It is among the best I've gotten. It is thorough, the instructions clear, the examples par excellent and a worthy member of the Bookshelf.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2004, 10:39 AM
A WC! Legend
The Rockies, Montana, USA

Hails from United States

Hi, Billy!!!!!!!!!

Let us see what you do with it!!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Boston area

Hails from United States

I just joined WC. Can I add my "2 cents"? I love the Robert Wade book! I also have his first one, "Painting More Than the Eye Can See". I don't know if you can still get this one, but , if you can, DO! His videos are good too!! Now..... if it would just rub off on me!! Good luck !!
Yale
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Rod

Thanks for the info,

I've just searched our Christchurch library and reserved the book for loan,

Rod.