WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Mixed Media, Alternative Materials, and Other Media
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2004, 08:17 PM
Enthusiast
Vancouver, Washington.

Hails from United States
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Prints on Marbled paper

Original print and it's varients, mixed media

"Basking" 6 x 8 print on 8 x 10 stonehenge:

Open edition, black ink on white paper

VE#A, same dimensions:

VE#A is on hand-marbled paper.

VE#B, Same dimensions, on hand-marbled paper

VE#C, Same dimensions, on hand-marbled paper

VE#D, Same dimensions, on hand-marbled paper.

This figure came from the Figure forum; it's part of this month's September challenge. I really think that doing figures in Lino is really a challenge, and one I'm going to be playing with more. It's good to be back printing again, though

lilkitten who has pigment on her paws and is quite happy

Click here to email me

All images I display are (C)opyright Caroline Tigeress and are not to be downloaded or modified in any manner without express consent of the artist.

Please enjoy my article, 'Celtic Knotwork Part One':http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/6560/375/
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-28-2004, 06:08 AM
A WC! Legend
Devon, UK

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Prints on Marbled paper

You are really pushing your horizons Kitten. Excellent job
The prints came out nice and clean. I love the black and white version and the prints on the marbled paper turned out really well.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-30-2004, 11:47 PM
A WC! Legend
High Desert of Idaho

Hails from United States

I like the 3rd and 4th ones. Something about the colors You did a great job on the cutting, Caroline. I am glad that you are using your marbled paper to print on. It gives it so much punch!

Stone Chief Studio_____________________________
Charissa
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-01-2004, 06:30 AM
A Local Legend
Central New York

Hails from United States

I don't know much about print making but can you marble the ink and print marbled ink on plain paper? Just a thought for the queen of marble.

"No one said it had to be real, but it's got to be something you can reach out and feel" Meatloaf

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-10-2004, 07:05 AM
A WC! Legend
Wandering the Wonderland

Hails from Bahamas

I agree about the difficultly of cutting the figure in lino but I like contrast of the bold, angular lines of the figure here against the soft, sensual patterns of the marbled paper. Me thinks you are on to something here. Keep going !

Penny- marbling the inks too ???? Yikes, you are a task master ! ( Hmmm, interesting concept tho.. )

Li

"Success won't spoil me; I've been insufferable for years!" fran lebowitz
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast
Vancouver, Washington.

Hails from United States

Thank you all for your kind comments...

As for marbling the pigment as well, you might try looking at the thread I started on overmarbling. That's a concept I've been playing with as well, and of course, I can always use a rainbow roll (multuple coloured inks) on the marbled paper to achieve a secondary effect. What could be interesting here is to get some warm background tones and sharp cool inks, or vice versa.

As the print-making ink is *much* thicker than the acrylic mordant, This could really have some fantastic results. Also, I think it could be interesting to do some background stencilling, marble, and *then* do a print over it. Sort of a multiple collage type item.

Thanks for the ideas - I'm working on a book now using some marbled paper

lilkitten the pondering kitten

Click here to email me

All images I display are (C)opyright Caroline Tigeress and are not to be downloaded or modified in any manner without express consent of the artist.

Please enjoy my article, 'Celtic Knotwork Part One':http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/6560/375/
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-11-2004, 02:34 PM
A WC! Legend
Central Mexico

Hails from Mexico

It must be tremendously difficult to get such a good clean print from lino. I love the way it looks on the red. I had to get up from the computer for something and when saw it from a distance it looks terrific. Keep up the good work.