WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Illustration
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Enthusiast
Southeast MI

Hails from United States
Fraidy WIP (need some help)

Hi, folks. This is my first time in this forum, and my first WIP in a long time.

I am starting a new artistic endeavor and I need a bit of assistance. One night, several weeks ago, the Muse did drop into my lap about 7 11x14 comic scenes for me to ink.

Now, of course, not being entirely mad, I did not try to ink them all at once, and they lay in my art directory scoffing at all attempts to do so.

Not having done anything of the sort, I kinda need fresh eyes because I am just about going nuts with this scene. Anyone got any pointers to share?

--BT
Attached Images

and so my fantasy becomes reality and I must be what I must be and face tomorrow."

Last edited by BlackTigr : 08-03-2004 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Extra picture
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2004, 01:19 PM
A Local Legend
London, Ontario

Hails from Canada
Re: Fraidy WIP (need some help)

Hey BT!! long time no see!

Question for you before I suggest anything - what are you inking these with? Are you using pen? Brushes and washes? Or doing this with your tablet on your computer? Maybe you could describe what you've been doing up to this point?

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Enthusiast
Southeast MI

Hails from United States

Actually, I am basically doing a mixture of digital programs on this one. I do the smudgy stuff in PSP and the antialias stuff in Painter. Though I still haven't found anything that works exactly like a pen to just go *over* my pencil work. The main character in this scene just isn't coming out right, and that's most of the reason why I keep putting it down and not getting back to it. If I could find the pencil scan, I'd show you, but the problem is that I just reinstalled, and I think that was one of the things on my desktop that got erased.

So maybe that's the next step. Show the pencil work.

--BT
and so my fantasy becomes reality and I must be what I must be and face tomorrow."
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2004, 12:27 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Omnia mea mecum porto.

Hails from United States

Ahhh the Muse....she be funny, eh?...truly a dark sense of humor sometimes...

I can't tell you how many times I've been working on a piece thinking "Man, this bites, hard!" till the last few steps and then....BAM....it all comes together in a rush.....

so, maybe just keep working it, even if you think it sucks, then rework it again if you have too...

The fact which the politician faces is merely that there is less honor among thieves than was supposed, and not the fact that they are thieves. --Thoreau