WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 06:41 PM
A Local Legend
Vancouver, WA

Hails from United States
Wde 6-19-04 Ribbet

Well, I really blew this one. I knew it would be difficult and I try something different each week BUT WHAT A MESS!!!! Nothing turned out right but I am posting so that new folks to WDE can see that sometimes it just doesn't work. I wasn't pleased with anything this time. And the photo was so cute!

WC on 9x12 Arches 140#

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 06:49 PM
A Local Legend
Somewhere out there... Auckland, NZ.

Hails from New Zealand
Re: Wde 6-19-04 Ribbet

Hey I think he turned out really cool . Even if he looks a little bit sad you have an effect here of him leaping out of the page at you Way cool
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 06:53 PM
A WC! Legend
Burns Lake, British Columbia

Hails from Canada

What the heck is wrong with this!!! Nothing - that's what! You captured it just right...I think it's coming through the screen at me

Lorna Hannett.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Lord of the Arts
Omaha, NE

Hails from United States

Geez, I was expecting a real disaster......and I opened it and don't have a clue as to what you're talking about, Judy. Aside from the colors not being as vibrant as in the photo, he came out great. Looks just like a frog waiting to be kissed. Maybe that would cheer him up?

Kathy
Awww, Honey, I've always liked your art. Your paintings look like the things they look like. ~ Homer Simpson
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 07:05 PM
A WC! Legend
Wandering the Wonderland

Hails from United States

Hard on yourself a little ? Geez Judy. They just aren't all going to be masterpieces but I think he's rather cute and has real depth. He's definitely ready to jump ! The light on the hand is very good too .

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

What are you talking about, Judy? When my sister and I opened up your picture, the first thing she said was "Wow, is that ever good!". We read your comments after that, and thought you were really hard on yourself. It turned out great. "Fred the Frog" would really be proud of it.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Resting in Peace
Ohio

Hails from United States

Hi, Judy...I must go along with the rest. Very nice. The expression on the frog made me smile. Looks like he's going to say," I do not taste like chicken."

My Blog C&C Welcome. Thanks for looking!
Etsy
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 07:33 PM
A Local Legend
Vancouver, WA

Hails from United States

That is really sweet of all of you. My husband took one look at it and finally said "what is it?" He thought it was someone's bald head with a braid or something coming out of the top. Really had to laugh. I think this one would be really cool in oils or something, WC just doesn't do it. And the poor hand ooof, really sad. I am going to try another one and see if it makes me feel better. Yes, I am hard on myself because in my mind I can see what effect I want and then it doesn't turn out anything like that. Very frustrating!

Not saying it isn't fun because it is. I kept telling myself throughout, "this is the ugly stage" but it never came out of that stage as far as I am concerned.

You guys are just very encouraging and makes me not want to through my brushes in the garbage.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 07:45 PM
A WC! Legend
Wigan Lancashire England

Hails from England

Am sending your husband a pair of my spectacles cos it sure looks like a frog to me. Think your being too hard on yourself you did well.

Pat
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 07:51 PM
Enthusiast
Hythe, Hampshire, UK

Hails from United Kingdom

Judy, this seemingly innocuous picture was in reality a very difficult subject! Your effort is not a "mess" - look at how you have handled the modelling of the fingers, and the reflection of the trees in the water. These WDE's are deceptive....
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 07:54 PM
A Local Legend
West coast USA

Hails from United States

I think it's fine! And in watercolor no less. I tried this one too but in soft pastels and didn't have any luck at all with it. you did a good job.

Sony Nex6, Nikon P610, Sony WX300, SEL55/210, SEL3.5/30 Macro, SEL16/50, 1.8/50
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 09:51 PM
East Coast Canada

Hails from Canada

I think this image would be very difficult, especially in wc. It's better than you think it is. And sometimes you just have to be spouse-deaf. I've heard that line sometimes even when I was happy with how my WDE turned out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulbucky
Yes, I am hard on myself because in my mind I can see what effect I want and then it doesn't turn out anything like that. Very frustrating!.

This I can relate to. Happened to me last week. But, as you say, they are still fun; the end result isn't all that important. I did a second one last week to cheer myself up...it didn't turn out either lol, but I cheered up anyway!

my virtual gallery
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 10:59 PM
A Local Legend
Vancouver, WA

Hails from United States

Wendy, LOL that is exactly what I did, a 2nd one. Did cheer me up immensely. As far as DH goes I told him I had written what he said and he laughed and said "Oh you didn't". We both laughed about it as he is truly supportive of what I do just not this one.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Veteran Member
New Mexico

Hails from United States

He has a really cute expression on his face. I really liked this guy from the photo, but don't paint people (or hands) or animals, so I chickened out, I really respect that you've done such a complicated subject and in watercolor to boot!

"Be still and know that I am God" Ps. 46:10
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2004, 02:57 AM
Veteran Member
Northern California

Hails from United States

nevertheless...I love your frog; and the background and reflections are wonderful.