WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Digital Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 04:41 AM
A Local Legend
81200 - Mexico

Hails from Mexico
Post ***Glimpses of the Past ! - History 101 -

................... Glimpses of the Past !!

Since a few days ago i have been receiving several PMs, and most of them ask about the same topic.
I replied to a few, and then more new messages arrived, plus some of the ones i had replied to came up with new questions...then i thought in a solution....

....I remember back in 1972, when i first arrived to the states at a military academy, and right after school had started , i noticed that i was added to a group of foreigner students and assigned extra classes on American History.
I asked to the teacher why did we have to take american history classes, and what for ? the teacher pointed to his assistant and he said : so you get to feel America as one of us !! Wham !! that was it, and never forgot it...

Back to the present ...and thinking about the PMs i decided to go looking deep into the archives of WC for some articles or topics in the form of threads that could teach us some WC history ...About the history of the digital forums in WC..

The purpose of this History thread is to tell a story on true events with original documents, just like watching a movie or reading a book, real history which doesn't need further comments nor side explanations. Just plain food for Thought.

I will be diving into the Huge WC archive and will be gathering -every now and then- some articles that show us:

................... Glimpses of the Past !!

Sit Back, Relax and Enjoy !!

Lights please! ><
..........................In The Beginning !!

...............The inspirational thread

--to be continued--

Last edited by Jet Liera : 06-14-2004 at 04:43 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 12:02 PM
A Local Legend
81200 - Mexico

Hails from Mexico
Re: ***Glimpses of the Past ! - History 101 -

...it was at those times that one of the finest manipulators i know of, made his appearance and things started cooking faster...

............. Master Trimoon enters the scene ,Some friends started having fun with PS tools; An it went on Toward photo manips. for a while....

Last edited by Jet Liera : 06-14-2004 at 12:32 PM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 02:00 PM
A Local Legend
81200 - Mexico

Hails from Mexico

....And while these guys were doing their first photo manipulations, there were some Debates about digital Art that had been going on for some time .....

...and some direct debates as those Real vs Digital were pretty common .......

...At that time too some digital artists started to Reveal themselves before their fellow artists....

Last edited by Jet Liera : 06-14-2004 at 02:58 PM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 06:02 PM
A WC! Legend
So. California

Hails from United Nations

A very cool thread, Jet (not to mention that it got me to download some stuff for messing around with my photos!)...

Say, where do I get this "buzz" thing?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 06:15 PM
A Local Legend
81200 - Mexico

Hails from Mexico

Thanks Diana,
it's a small history documentary so new members get to know the feel of the whole scene, and getting to know the hows and whys of the forums .
Most of all its purpose is to ease some of the confusion among new members, explaining that this is a cyclic situation that repeats itself everytime there's a change in members' idiosyncrasy, and there's nothing to worry about, as everything will settle down once again when we all know the true facts and know where we're standing today after all these past events.

Link to Buzz Pro plug in & Tutorials

Thanks a lot for reviewing and positive comments.

Regards

Last edited by Jet Liera : 06-14-2004 at 06:28 PM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Immortalized
Lexington, South Carolina

True, it is a cyclic event, however, with each cycle there are little changes. This is the growth and the continuing acceptance of digital art. As anybody that does Digital Art knows, there is quite a bit of work and imagination involved. This is not a click of a bitton here and a filter here, it is a true, talent orinted medium.
It's two a.m...........
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 07:53 PM
A Local Legend
81200 - Mexico

Hails from Mexico

Michael, Thanks for your words .
Maybe in some scene, all those words and thoughts are going to be mentioned by me too, let's wait and see how i went about all those concepts and convictions...no telling more...you'll have to wait...
-------

Don't be impatient, please Let the story be told by itself....stay away from the fast-forward button.
I am not trying to label or push anyone's convictions here, these are true facts that have been archived intact, through the years. I am undusting them and showing them to you as is, so everybody gets to see the big picture, one that was done, way before we arrived here, so it's news to me too, and way too early in the story to start drawing conclusions; Let's each one draw his/her own conclusions when the last scene unveils...

I won't mix my personal point of view right now, not until the end where are some episodes in which, we (you and i) are the main characters and our opinions, and convictions are going to be shown to our fellow members, among those of the ones that were present at that time....
....those are crucial scenes and are left at the end on purpose, as they're considered best for a grand finale.

(and don't spoil it, telling about the ending either)

Sit back, relax , enjoy !! here, some thorazine (lobster, lobster)

Stay tuned

***Lights please ><

Last edited by Jet Liera : 06-14-2004 at 08:15 PM.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Immortalized

welllll...if you insist. Pass the melted butter please?
It's two a.m...........
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 09:11 PM

This is a very interesting thread. Getting a bit miffed by reading some of these posts though. Digital is just a different medium.... no different imho than any other medium... just less cleanup!

Red... better share! Mmmmmm... love lobster!
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Immortalized

April...I make an excellent Lobster..Crab legs too...Any seafood...Yummy!!!
It's two a.m...........
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 09:24 PM

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMM
Lobster AND snow crabs! My two favs!
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Immortalized

Heheheh..I am still stuck on "everything" Where is that d**n blush emoticon?
It's two a.m...........
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 09:29 PM

(((gives hug))) Awww...'Tis okay, just having fun.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 10:44 PM
A Local Legend
81200 - Mexico

Hails from Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyfantasyart
This is a very interesting thread. Getting a bit miffed by reading some of these posts though. Digital is just a different medium.... no different imho than any other medium... just less cleanup!

Red... better share! Mmmmmm... love lobster!

These characters are speaking their minds off back in 2002, maybe some of these people don't think like that anymore...maybe there isn't any more people who thinks this way anymore.... yeah ! dream on >!!

As people has been talking during the movie, the management has decided to take a forward leap to spice the story a little...this story is happening closer to our times, ...
....with some characters you think you know already,...well,.. you're in for a couple of surprises...yuk, yuk, yuk...

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<>>>>>The Foe to Graphic Art is Back

-----><***********

Last edited by Jet Liera : 06-14-2004 at 10:47 PM.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Immortalized

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How odd it is to read my opinions from way back, and to realise they have not really changed.
Photography really is my first love, always will be. Admittedly I gave been shooting Less and doing more renditions, but those renditions are a vision, a look into the true Picture as seen from the PHOTOGRAPHERS eye. When I shoot now, I not only look at composition, clarity, DOF, and the myriad othe factors that make a good Photograph, but am also looking at what I feel, and what could be done with the scene, what feeling I can convey with the photo, and what feelings I can pull from the photo.

None of this can be done by punching a few buttons or just applying a filter here and there. To get a good, meaningful, and ARTISIC rendition takes work. I have renderings that have taken weeks of solid work to do.
it is this level of passion and work in a piece that I feel makes it Digital Art.

On the other side of the Digital Art argument, the blank canvas, Takes more work and intensity than the style it is being painted in at many times. Mixing mediums, pulling a canvas across four or five different programs at times, the knowledge required to even go beyond simple filters, and knowing what interacts with what can make Digital Art far more intensive at times than other mediums.

An arguement often heard is "I like to see, and touch the REAL thing, not look at it on a screen". Well, so do we as artists, even Digital artists. There are many ways to put our work on different paper, canvas, cloth, wood, metal and on and on. Most of these ways are near, if not, archival now.

Another argument is,"But it can be copied and reproduced by anybody". This is emphatically NOT true. Every single piece is unique, every rendition is its own. Every one of us has, or is developing a unique style. Once the work is transfered to canvas, paper, or what have you, NO one is duplicating exactly as it is. You can scan with the best there is, but there will be differences. The texture and grain of the paper, the relief of the canvas, the shape of the wood. In short, once it is "archived" that is the artists passion saved as his own for all time.

For all of these reasons and more I believe the Digital Arts and fallowers of the field will continue to grow and gain exceptance, more and more every day.
It's two a.m...........