WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2004, 09:29 PM
A Local Legend
Pacific Northwest

Hails from United States
Arrow Upcoming May 29 WDE

This weeks theme is 'international.' I've combed through enough pictures to fill many a photo album. It totals out to more than 50, with some being two pictures on one, and from around the world. Well, the places I've been anyway... People's interests are quite the diverse lot, and I think everyone will have multiple choices to contemplate.

Feel free to archive anything which strikes your fancy. My hope is folks find the diverse selection interesting. Many of them are a window back into time.

Take whatever time you need to make your selection(s). The pictures will be uploaded Friday evening 28 May which is -8 GMT so the folks there will be able to view the selections with, perhaps, their morning cuppa....

I will let the "Tweaters Three" entertain you with their morning serenade...
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2004, 10:25 PM
East Coast Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: Upcoming May 29 WDE

I didn't know there was a -8 GMT on the NA continent- thought it went to -7! Live and learn (I'm in -3 GMT, on the other edge ).
Sooo, I guess that means I'll be there (with bells on) on Saturday morning!
Can't wait!

my virtual gallery
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2004, 10:56 PM
A Local Legend
High Desert, AZ.

Hails from United States

Hi stoney, thank you for being our WDE Host this long weekend.
These time zone things can get confusing so here is a link set to stoney's 8PM GMT. If I have this figured right it should help with determining the start time in your part of the world. Either way you can start Saturday morning anytime just so you work your two hours then post.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...&mi n=0&sec=0
If this isn't right then stoney please correct
See you there
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 01:25 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
countryside near Vancouver BC

Hails from Canada

Stoney !!! 50 pictures !! With my telephone modem I'll probably still be downloading them by Sun eve ! The invitation picture is absolutely intriguing, so I don't care how long it takes, I'll be here with my bells on !
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Lord of the Arts
Omaha, NE

Hails from United States

I"ll be there, Stoney.

Hey, what kind of "tweeters" are those? We had a robin's nest on a potting bench this spring. I was amazed at how quickly the babies matured. Before we knew it, they hopped out of the nest to make their way in the world.

Kathy
Awww, Honey, I've always liked your art. Your paintings look like the things they look like. ~ Homer Simpson
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 11:22 AM
A Local Legend
Pacific Northwest

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundiver
I didn't know there was a -8 GMT on the NA continent- thought it went to -7! Live and learn (I'm in -3 GMT, on the other edge ).
Sooo, I guess that means I'll be there (with bells on) on Saturday morning!
Can't wait!

Yes. All the military Mode 4 coding (identification friend/foe) is done throughout the world at 0000 GMT/UTC/ZULU time. And the computer indicates I'm at -8 GMT, too....
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 11:42 AM
A WC! Legend
the "Shallow South"

Oho, this is a great invitation! Not that the others weren't great, but -- 50 photos!!! I'm going to try to snag a bunch and save on diskette for those wintry days (now months away) when I feel like I "don't have anything to paint."

Thanks for putting together this huge 'photo album' for all of us. The WDE is becoming a very popular event, loads of fun all around the world, so your theme seems most appropriate. I bet this weekend -- with the 'Memorial Day' holiday observed Monday for those of us in 'the States' -- will be no exception. (Btw, since GMT never alters for 'British summer time'/daylight savings time, that's probably why the 8 hour difference, rather than the normal 7, is a surprise. Even in Greenwich itself, it's GMT+1 during the summer... Or do I mean GMT-1? )

I'll be there Saturday, sans bells, but most definitely fully equipped with slightly rearranged palette, mostly fresh pigments, and all my favorite brushes!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 11:54 AM
A Local Legend
Pacific Northwest

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKathleen
Hi stoney, thank you for being our WDE Host this long weekend.
These time zone things can get confusing so here is a link set to stoney's 8PM GMT. If I have this figured right it should help with determining the start time in your part of the world. Either way you can start Saturday morning anytime just so you work your two hours then post.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...&mi n=0&sec=0
If this isn't right then stoney please correct
See you there

G'day Kathleen...
And y'all are more than welcome.

The time thing isn't complicated. If you're running windows and have the time displayed, simply double left click on it. Then select the time zone tab and it will tell you where you are with regard to GMT. Timewise the baseline is at Greenwich, England. http://www.greenwichmeantime.com

greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter.htm is, as it indicates, a converter.

The pictures will be uploaded during my early evening.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 12:03 PM
A Local Legend
Portland OR

Hails from United States

stoney--you sly devil 50 photos yowser!!! I will be here--I think!!!
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 12:04 PM
A Local Legend
Pacific Northwest

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by katju
I"ll be there, Stoney.

Hey, what kind of "tweeters" are those? We had a robin's nest on a potting bench this spring. I was amazed at how quickly the babies matured. Before we knew it, they hopped out of the nest to make their way in the world.

Kathy

OOoo....I don't recall. I'll try and get an answer for you. Here, we've got all diffferent types, including robins.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 12:14 PM
A Local Legend
Pacific Northwest

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendCarol
Oho, this is a great invitation! Not that the others weren't great, but -- 50 photos!!! I'm going to try to snag a bunch and save on diskette for those wintry days (now months away) when I feel like I "don't have anything to paint."

(chuckling) I understand the 'drooling' potential involved with 50+ photos. I've got a few in the Reference Library, too.

Quote:
Thanks for putting together this huge 'photo album' for all of us. The WDE is becoming a very popular event, loads of fun all around the world, so your theme seems most appropriate. I bet this weekend -- with the 'Memorial Day' holiday observed Monday for those of us in 'the States' -- will be no exception. (Btw, since GMT never alters for 'British summer time'/daylight savings time, that's probably why the 8 hour difference, rather than the normal 7, is a surprise. Even in Greenwich itself, it's GMT+1 during the summer... Or do I mean GMT-1? )

You're very welcome. Lots of memories flooded back going through all this stuff. On that Monday, as has been every year, a USN ship will be at San Rafael, France to provide an honour guard for ceremonies at the cemetary. All ship's personnel that day, if they leave the ship will have to be in full dress uniform.

Quote:
I'll be there Saturday, sans bells, but most definitely fully equipped with slightly rearranged palette, mostly fresh pigments, and all my favorite brushes!

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 01:26 PM
A Local Legend
Somewhere out there... Auckland, NZ.

Hails from New Zealand

OK I'm GMT + 12. Clear us mud . Sorry stoney -I am tine-zone challenged. Could you make it really really simple on my brain and tell me how many hours later or earlier or whatever you are uploading. I have become accustomed to the 3.30pm EST time - so an indication like "4 hours later than usual you idiot" would be ever so helpful
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 04:33 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Well, I think Stoney's -8GMT will actually be 7 hours behind us in the UK so I think I have to get up about 3a.m. on Sat morning which means about 3p.m for D/B/Trish on Sat. - very civilised! I'll just crawl there sometime when the eyes open!!!!!! See you! Bleary-eyed and all!!
50 pics? Oh crumbs!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 05:31 PM
East Coast Canada

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney
G'day Kathleen...

The pictures will be uploaded during my early evening.

So if early evening is, let's say, 7p.m., -8GMT on the west coast of North America, it's around 11 or 12 midnight on the east coast , and maybe 4 or 5 a.m. in the UK, so 4 or 5 p.m. in NZ?

my virtual gallery
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2004, 06:15 PM
A Local Legend
Vancouver, WA

Hails from United States

BUT ????? I just did what Stoney said as he is my time zone and right this very minute is -8 GMT which puts it at 3:14 P>M> on Thursday 5/27. So I figure he is planning on putting them up on our (west coast) Friday afternoon around 3ish which would put it at 6ish east coast time in the U.S. Is that correct Stoney?