WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Garden of Memories of WC Members
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2001, 01:36 PM
A WC! Legend
Lawn Guylind

Hails from United States
Monday, September 10, 2001...

Nightline last night had a piece on how in just one week all of our priorities, hopes, dreams, and most importantly what we had considered important have changed...

How have yours changed?
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2001, 02:50 PM
Enthusiast
Suburbia, MD, USA

Hails from United States
To be honest, everything's been such a shake-up, I hardly remember what my priorities really were, this time last week. I guess things have shifted to be somewhat less self-centered in my mind. I'd love to hear other peoples' analysis (analysises? Analyses?).

-=- Jen
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2001, 03:18 PM
A WC! Legend
Ocala, Fl. USA

Hails from United States
Probably my sense of patriotism. My life will go on with probably few real changes. I have always had great respect for our country and our flag. We attend quite a few sporting events and so forth and i have always stood with my hand over my heart during the national anthem and it has never failed to bring goose bumps to my skin. It has always irked me to see the men who do not remove thier hats and the people having converstaion during this. I have a feeling that the next time i stand for the national anthem there will be more hats removed and far less conversation and as for me it will be more meaningful than ever before.
Cheryl
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2001, 05:22 PM
Immortalized
Jarrettsville, Maryland U.S.A.

Hails from Denmark
This weekend I was working outside of the sculpture building at the Maryland Institute College of Art when two uniformed police officers accosted me, demanded to know what I was doing, and informed me that I would have to move on as "We can't allow any civilians in this area."

My current priority is trying not to become too paranoid.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2001, 05:35 PM
A WC! Legend
Calgary, Canada

Hails from Canada
My priorities will not change. I will make more of an effort to make sure that my children feel safe and secure, but they have always been my first priority and always will be. If anything, I may start doing the things that I have been putting off because life just seems more uncertain before.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2001, 08:01 PM
A Local Legend
"Fraggle Rock" Virginia

Hails from United States
On the evening of September 10th I saw the most glorious sunset.
I grabbed my camera, took a picture and posted it in the Cafe under 'Goodnight'

We all woke up to a different world.
I have looked at each sunset this week with great sadness.
My priorities will remain the same.
I will still run out to take pictures of the sunset, and I will remember.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2001, 08:18 PM
A Local Legend
New York, USA

Hails from United States
"leaflady" - I remember your sunset and just that morning (9/11) I posted a picture of my lake, stating what a beautiful and serene place it was. Little did I know that my good friend Louise would soon be calling me with terror in her voice and I would be instructing her to get out .... while running to turn on the TV.
I will still walk over to the lake each morning and marvel at the glittering beauty. I will take more time for myself and friends. Today instead of work I accompanied Louise as she went from doctor to doctor - something I would not normaly do - you know the old saying work comes first - no more friends come first.
Louise is fine except for infected lungs and eyes,
from the dust.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2001, 04:49 PM
NY, NY

Angry

I was trying to get my hard drive up and running enough to connect to RoadRunner where I have endless minutes on line!!!