WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2004, 02:48 AM
Veteran Member
not here....you?

Hails from Canada
WDE May 22nd Sketch

OK, I'm late and this is NOWHERE near finished, but I did want to participate in this event so...

I'm doing this in Illustrator and it's all flat colour shapes made on layers much like photoshop. I loved the greens in the dresses so I hope to finish this at some point this week.

Thanks for having me Katju! Your photos are wonderful.
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2004, 03:25 AM
A Local Legend
Somewhere out there... Auckland, NZ.

Hails from New Zealand
Re: WDE May 22nd Sketch

I like the flat shapes nd the colours -keep on with this -its gonna be cool
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2004, 04:37 AM
A WC! Legend
Burns Lake, British Columbia

Hails from Canada

You're not late...there's no such thing!

I have seen digi art before, but nothing done in illustrator....it looks quite interesting. I'll look forward to seeing how this turns out.

So glad you could join us!

Lorna Hannett.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
KY

Hails from United States

Wish I knew more about this type of art. It looks like a good start and I hope you post the finish!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Resting in Peace
Ohio

Hails from United States

This is a very interesting start on the illustrater. It would be awfully nice if I could start my paintings on canvas with this much precision...I know I'm just dreaming, but what a dream. I love your start. Keep us posted.

My Blog C&C Welcome. Thanks for looking!
Etsy
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2004, 11:00 AM
A WC! Legend
the "Shallow South"

Yes, I love what you've done to her dress! The 'posterizing' of her arm and face is also intriguing. Look forward to seeing a final later this week.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Lord of the Arts
Omaha, NE

Hails from United States

I'm so glad you could join us Leslie. As you might have noticed, you're not the only one who couldn't make it on Saturday. I like the graphic quality of your picture. I think it's also good practice for when one paints for real because your eyes gets practice seeing shapes and values...Will look for an update. Mine's not done yet either.

Kathy
Awww, Honey, I've always liked your art. Your paintings look like the things they look like. ~ Homer Simpson
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2004, 01:57 PM
A Local Legend
West coast USA

Hails from United States

Very nice Leslie! I like this kind of digital illustration art. You do it well.

Sony Nex6, Nikon P610, Sony WX300, SEL55/210, SEL3.5/30 Macro, SEL16/50, 1.8/50
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Veteran Member
not here....you?

Hails from Canada

Thanks so much everyone. I wanted to try sketching in pencil Saturday only to discover my kids had gotten into my supplies! It's OK because I need the practice and to develop a style for my design portfolio due in about six months.

Deano, that's the good thing about working in vectors.I know what you mean because I have problems drawing a straight line!*LOL*There actually is no bacground to this right now because I saved it as a gif. It's just the shapes Everything is crisp with vector and I can take the orginal file of this and scale it like 300% and it wouldn't be pixelated. But, I'm appreciating the beauty of the digital art in Photoshop and Painter too.

Kathy, that's a good point. Less is more is a philosophy with graphic design, but I've been applying it to some other mediums and it's working for me.

Carol, I love rendering fabrics. What I like about capturing fabrics in art is that you can almost make them breathe and give them life.

Mazie, I hadn't even heard of Illustrator until I went back to school!*LOL*
a good place to view illustrations from pros is Illustrator WorldThey have some tutorials and if you post a question the a gallery, the artist will answer. It's not the same ambiance as this site, but it does hold the best of the best. I think I saw some work at deviant art too.

Lorna and drumbeat trish, thanks for the encouragement. It's hard to finish a piece without feedback sometimes!*LOL*

I have to say this really is one of the most welcoming forums I've ever joined. I love the diversity of mediums!!! It's hard to find a good balance between a big talent pool and a place to nuture artists.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-25-2004, 02:15 AM
Veteran Member
Northern California

Hails from United States
Thumbs up Re: WDE May 22nd Sketch

This is a fascinating digital painting. You do show mastery over your medium. I too will look forward to the finish.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2004, 04:33 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
countryside near Vancouver BC

Hails from Canada

What wonderful contouring of the arms and around the planes of the face, using your technique (most of the explanation of which went right over my head since I'm a techno-bozo)lol. This is a really great effect, and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress posts !
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2004, 02:44 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

I like this and didn't realise the style was done in vector layer. Now I'm wondering if I can do that in my PSP8 - can always try! That hand is beautiful!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Lord of the Arts
Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine

Hails from Ukraine

Ah, something unique here! Great start, Leslie! I alway thought likes of Illustrator program are very useless regarding art. It's wrong I see Looking forward to find finish here!