WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Garden of Memories of WC Members
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2001, 09:04 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

i have one of those stories too.

my friend rob, who works in DC for a government agency had an appointment at the pentagon on tuesday. he was scheduled to meet in the exact part of the pentagon where the plane hit.

anyway, he heard about the attack at the WTC and immediately called his parents who were leaving for london from NY, where they live. he had much trouble contacting them, infact he was made 20 minutes late by trying to reach them. he also had told them not to worry about him...he would be at the pentagon! imagine...

well he was 500ft away from the building when hit. he was rushing to park his car! amazing...in a strange way the WTC tragedy saved his life...i know its a bizarre way to say that, but its true.

blessings to all victims.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2001, 05:11 PM
NY, NY

Smile

Did you hear about the young boys who decided to sell lemonade to raise money? They inspired a yield of $13,000

I also have scads of photos from Union Square where people walk around in large crowds totally silent reading the sea of messages. Someone made a replica of the twin towers in that metal looking mesh-like material that lots of designer trash baskets as well as desk equipment (in/out baskets, etc.) are made of. One had a flag extending out of the top and they both were open at the top with notes from people building up inside. T

Everyone is talking to everyone. The waiter asked me today if my family was OK before he gave me the menu...I don't know him. I asked him where he was from...Bengla Desh.

A rescuer was walking up the street with a white bucket in his hand. He was being interviewed. He had several partially torn photos in the bottom of the bucket. He said he wanted to take them to the family center himself.

The first day of the candlelight vigils anyone in the neighborhoods had been encouraged by email to come out of their doors and join the vigil with a candle or to place one in their window. I stood on Broadway and saw single and pairs of individuals standing against the walls with their candle smiling back at the people who walked by.

More later
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-21-2001, 03:35 PM
Calgary, AB, Canada

Hails from Canada
Hi All!
I found a site that has a whole list of positive stories - make sure you have Kleenex handy!
Click here - Beliefnet

Tinyhead courtest of Animal, cuz he's cool!
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-21-2001, 05:44 PM
Immortalized

Hails from United States
Positive Stories

Our Son in law was at work three floors down from the first plane when it hit. He and his co-workers went immediately to the stairs and for the next 55 minutes just single filed their way down the stairs. He headed north when he got out onto the street and when he got three blocks away his building collapsed. Our family is very grateful to God. I also love the Krispy Kreme story. Renee
Attached Images

#20   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-28-2001, 03:55 PM
Enthusiast
Cleveland, Oh.,USA

Hails from United States
Thumbs up

Here's a great story from today's NYTimes;

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/28/nyregion/28LADD.html

Gisela
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-28-2001, 05:36 PM
New York

Smile an awesome story

some of you may have already heard this one, but my mom told it to me a few days after all this happened.

a teacher at a school somewhere in new york asked her class what they thought the rescue workers needed most. and a five/six year old spoke up and said "peanut butter and jelly sandwiches"! so the class made up peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and took them, along with cards and notes to the rescue workers at ground "hero".

.... i just thought it was such a moving story. it shows you how simple, yet profound children are....

hope everyone is doing well and that you and your loved ones are safe.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-30-2001, 02:45 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa

Hails from New Zealand
This is probably happening in other countries too, but I just wanted to share with you that the people here have raised thousands of dollars to bring some of those directly affected by the tragedy to NZ for a holiday in our clean green and peaceful country. The first of them will arrive soon.

Last edited by Lulu : 09-30-2001 at 02:50 PM.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-30-2001, 04:55 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
John and I were in a restaurant last night and there was a young man at the table next to us. He was all smiles as he shared this story:

I was just standing there taking pictures and I was blown out of my shoes. As I sat on the ground bewildered I reached for my shoes and put them on. Than believe it or not I was very upset about my camera and was looking for it. The firemen were shouting and I was shouting I have to find my camera - Never did find it- someone just grabbed me and started yelling run ma as I looked up to see the building falling. Everyone in the restaurant started clapping for the fellow and wishing him well.

It was a great dinner.
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-01-2001, 06:53 PM
NY, NY

Did you hear about the young boy who has set up a fund for the children who don't have any parents because of the WTC tragedy? So far he has $4,000.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2001, 07:30 PM
Arizona

While the hope of finding any human survivors has long since past, there is a great story my mom just told me about. Apparently while sifting throught the rubble, firefighters came across a cat with her three kittens. They were curled up in a napkin box appaently in what used to be the basement of a restaraunt. The mom and babies were rushed to the vet and although skinny and dehydrated, are all going to be fine. That made me smile...

Becky