WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art > Show Off Your Work > Glass Works Showcase
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Immortalized
South Florida

Hails from United States
Smile My DHTB's first beads!!

Okay.....I've been bugging him for quite a while to sit down and just try to make one bead! His excuses up to this point were, "I'm not really artistic, and my hands will probably shake." His hands don't shake, not that I ever noticed. I wanted to prove a point to him and had him draw some things on paper, not bad at all! Plus, I love the "alien head" that he made out of polymer clay a long time ago. He has talent that he won't use, that's what I know! I think he feels a little intimidated because our whole family comes from an art background.

I let him pick out the colors, red and a transparent amber. The top pic is the first one, and he's complaining of wonkiness and sharp holes, lol! I tell him to give himself a break, it's the first time trying this! He does occasionally evaluate my beads for wonkiness. So I say this - If he can tell if a bead is wonky, then he should be making them too! I give him this face -

The second one is so well shaped! It took me 4-5 sessions before I could get one shaped that good. Dumb me wasn't paying attention when he chose the colors and I let him use Moretti red and BE amber! There are little cracks in it all over but it stayed in one piece. When I told him what I did, he gives me this look -

Now he is more interested in making beads himself rather than just praising mine all the time. I'm pretty lucky that he is very supportive of what I'm doing, even if it means spending a lot of time out there away from him!
Attached Images

my etsy

Last edited by StefaniBeads : 04-08-2004 at 01:24 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Lord of the Arts
New Jersey

Hails from United States
Re: My DHTB's first beads!!

Wow! That's a pretty nice looking bead!

Debbie
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast
Alabama

Hails from United States

Lisa,

Well.....I am impressed! Tell him that this is something that he can do well, only if my second bead looked like that, no telling where I would be now. Problem being now, you will have to fight for torch time.

Shawn

If you set out deliberately to make a masterpiece, how will you ever get it finished?
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Enthusiast
Davenport, FL

Hails from United States

I remember when Matt gave me my starter kit for Christmas. We set it up and I looked at the video a zillion times. I get on the torch and proceed to make a MESS! He gets on the torch and makes an almost perfect bead. Man, was I pissed!

What's up with that?

Tell your man that he done good! So, does this mean that you're both going to be fighting for torch time?

Blessings,
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2004, 10:04 PM
A Local Legend

Yay Lisa's DHTB! Very, very impressive!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Enthusiast
Mobile, Alabama

Hails from United States

Great job!! He obviously had a fabulous instructor!!

Hey, I understand the DH part (what is TB? toy boy? ) Don't laugh.

Mobile, Alabama
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2004, 12:02 AM
A Local Legend
Toledo, Ohio

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SistersBeads
I remember when Matt gave me my starter kit for Christmas. We set it up and I looked at the video a zillion times. I get on the torch and proceed to make a MESS! He gets on the torch and makes an almost perfect bead. Man, was I pissed!

What's up with that?

That's how it was with me and Prairieson! He was able to make perfectly balanced beads right away. Freaked me out, I tell ya!

I think Lisa's DHTB did a smashingly good job, and even moreso because it was his FIRST TIME! I can't believe it was his FIRST TIME! Have I said yet that it was his FIRST TIME at the torch????

Woooohoooooooooooooooo! You ROCK, DHTB!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2004, 06:07 AM
Immortalized
South Florida

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb-beads
Hey, I understand the DH part (what is TB? toy boy? ) Don't laugh.

LOL!! (I HAD to laugh! ) I forget who, but someone else on here used this, and I didn't ask, I just assumed it meant "Darling Husband To Be!" I really didn't want to use BF and I got tired of writing husband-to-be, lol!

my etsy