WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art > Show Off Your Work > Glass Works Showcase
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 03:22 AM
Enthusiast
Woodburn, Oregon

Hails from United States
Sat. A.M. Show and Tell

Well it's 12:15 here and I can't see any other show and tell . I've never started one of these. Well here's what came out of my kiln this evening. Sort of an odd color combo. Coral ( the orange stuff) Ivory and Olive. I think I need to add a few more olive spacers to balance them out. What do you think
Liz
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 03:41 AM
Veteran Member
Anderson, IN

Hails from United States
Re: Sat. A.M. Show and Tell

Nice set Liz - I especially like the focal! yes, I agree with you, I think a couple more olive beads would look nice.

I've been practicing my shaping. I was working on this bead, marvering it into submission, when I was struck by the shape - and decided I liked it just the way it is. two views of the same bead.

Teri
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Enthusiast
Woodburn, Oregon

Hails from United States

Thanks Teri, Yes the more I look at this set the more I think a few more olive beads would help it 100%, I agree with you, your bead rocks, sometime we just have to go with the glass and let it be
Liz
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 07:58 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
20 Miles South of Kalamazoo, Michigan

Hails from United States

Xotic! I love that color combo (my logo bead is that color combo!!) Silvered ivory really works well with those colors also!! I agree...add a few olive spacers!!

Teri......awesome bead......Great shape!!

It is dark and raining here....I was hoping to get some pics this morning....oh well....here are a couple things I have been working on.........(excuse the fingerprints...I was in such a hurry to get pics when I had a little light left that I neglected to wipe off the fingerprints )
Attached Images

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Lord of the Arts
Massachusetts

Hails from United States

Ohhh, looking great.

Liz, neat color combo, and yes a couple more olive spacers
Teri - that is such a neat shape, reminds me of something you might find on the beach!
Katie - oh how I love your beads and that pink floral is gorgeous, what is that base color??

Ok, here is mine, way off base from you guys, but I was making a gift for a little girl and went a little crazy, I have dozens of these guys hanging around and I love them!!!

grrrr, server to busy, server to busy, didn't they just upgrade the darn thing!?!?!!?
Attached Images

For me working with glass is a romance with a material as sharp as a knife and as fragile as a rainbow. Yet while I value the past and its tradition, I look to the present and the future possibilities for my inspiration. For me the work I produce is a physical manifestation of an exploration. The pieces are about the qualities of discovery and rare moments of magic. They are discoveries on a journey without road maps. Glass work takes me to these places, places where no airplane can fly.

Foofaraw Beads
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 08:34 AM

Hails from United States

Jenn those are soooo cute!!!!

The florals are my "cheater" florals.
Base is soft pink, encased with transparent pink. I then use my vine stringer, melt that in, then white dots, melted in then ruby gold over the white dots, melt those in, then poke the center and melt out the holes!! They almost look encased without the hasself of encasing them!! I make them with any color, the key...........opaque base with the same color transparent over that.....AND....a transparent over the dots for flowers. It doesn't have the same effect to just use opaque alone for the flowers. If you want white flowers, just use clear over the white dots!!! ( I also keep the shape of the bead at each step or I am at risk to distort everything)
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 08:37 AM
Lord of the Arts
Massachusetts

Hails from United States

hmmmm, I'm gonna try that today, thanks Katie!

For me working with glass is a romance with a material as sharp as a knife and as fragile as a rainbow. Yet while I value the past and its tradition, I look to the present and the future possibilities for my inspiration. For me the work I produce is a physical manifestation of an exploration. The pieces are about the qualities of discovery and rare moments of magic. They are discoveries on a journey without road maps. Glass work takes me to these places, places where no airplane can fly.

Foofaraw Beads
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 08:46 AM
A Local Legend
Saint George Island, FL & Stafford Springs, CT

Hails from United States

Liz - nice set! And yes a couple more olive spacers would do the trick!

Teri - that little twist to your bead is neat!

Katie - gorgeous florals!

Jen - those little flower faces are just too cute!

More! MOre!

pat

A great exercise for the heart is to reach down and lift someone up.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 08:57 AM
Portland, Maine

Hails from United States

Wow...those beads are hot! Liz, I like the color combination...red and green are comlimentary colors on the color wheel! Teri, awesome shape and colors! I've been into shapes lately too. Katie, those pinky/peachy beads are to die for and I love the shape of your other bead!! Jenn, you're happy flower beads are just too adorable for words

Well, here is my most favorite set this week! They took me 2 hours to make and I work quite fast. Lots of layers and detail which I hope shows up in the photo. Have a wonderul day!!

Heather
Attached Images

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Enthusiast
Douglasville, GA

Hails from United States

Heather...I love that color combo and those beads are gorgeous!!!!

Katie...thanks for sharing how you did those beads. They are so pretty!!!

Teri..sometimes its best not to fight the glass and let it do what it wants. I love the shape of that bead!! I'm glad you decided to leave it alone!

Jenn..those flower beads are so cute!!!! Very happy looking!!!

Liz...I really like that color combo! I agree that some more olive spacers will help balance the set out! Nice work!!!!
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Better photos of those tiny dot beads! I really like these! I am going to do more in some different colors! Fun to do!
Attached Images

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast
Louisville, Ky

Hails from United States

I already posted these on a Spring flower thread...but I am so happy to be back making beads (in my not done studio) that I just had to post them again. Pansies are here so Spring can't be too far away!! The orangy bead in the center of the pics with just a couple of beads is really a button. Great beads today! Katie..I love your color combo!!
Happy
Attached Images

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Immortalized
Central Oregon ~ Crooked River Ranch

Hails from United States

yummy beads today you guys....
Liz...lovely set!
Teri, cool shape...I was thinking the other day how water colors would look great twisted...might have to try that now that I have seen yours..thanks!
Katie Katie Katie...you blow me away each and everytime I see your show 'n tells...I think its time you get back here and play with me in the studio!!! Hopefully during GS we can have a bit of time here and there for you to stop by.
Jennifer...those are adorable...whimsical and so spring!
Heather...you always do such beautiful color combo's
Kimberly...I dont know if I have ever seen such a small size bead from you, those are awesome!!!
Harriet...someday...someday I will own some Harriet beads...I keep trying! nice to have you back...I missed you!
here are a couple dichro focals of mine, they are both good size...thanks to Marna and Kimberly I have learned what a big bead is...before that I had no clue LOL
Have a great day everyone...Oregon Coast is suppose to have glorious weather this weekend, so as soon as Dan~O gets back from golfin, we are heading out for the day on the Harley!
Attached Images

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 11:52 AM
Lord of the Arts
On a gag order

Hails from Canada

Yummy beads all!!!!

Katie I LOVE that floral...but it's not in your ebay...wwhhhhaaaaa. Thanks for the mini tutorial I may have to try making one but it is lovely!

It's never a mistake to care for someone!

Kindness is loving people more than they deserve. (Joseph Joubert)

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. (Maya Angelou)
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2004, 12:21 PM

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicker
Yummy beads all!!!!

Katie I LOVE that floral...but it's not in your ebay...wwhhhhaaaaa. Thanks for the mini tutorial I may have to try making one but it is lovely!

Thanks Guys! The florals are not in my ebay because they are being made into birthday gifts...sorry!!

Kaye...for sure I will be over in the fall to play!!!