WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2004, 03:22 AM
A WC! Legend
Hereford, England

Hails from England
Arrow ~*~*~*~WDE SATURDAY 10th JANUARY~*~*~*~

YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN ME ON A DAY OUT TO A TYPICAL ENGLISH COUNTRY SHOW!

Images will be uploaded 1/2 hour prior to start time in the WC! Gallery forum . How it all works is also covered.

Here are some start time samples:

New York: Sat 3pm, Paris: Sat 9pm, Anchorage: Sat 11 am, Amsterdam: Sat 9pm, New Orleans: Sat 2pm. Vancouver: Sat 12pm , Manila: Sun 4am, London: Sat 8pm, Halifax: Sat 4pm, Sydney:Sun 7am, Aotearoa: Sun 9am, Toronto: Sat 3pm, US Mountain time: Sat 1 pm

Looking forward to see you all, we have a lot of fun and even get some nice paintings started and completed. So come join us!

Ruth

PS Please be patient this weekend, as I thought I was almost organised by uploading images and linking them to larger images in the RIL, now the changes to WC! have left me half way through the job and I'll have to work out the new system.
Attached Images

My RedBubble*~*~*~*~*My Photos*~*~*~*~*My work on Etsy *~*~*~*~*MY WEBSITE! (Please sign the guestbook.)
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2004, 03:17 PM
A Local Legend
High Desert, AZ.

Hails from United States
Thumbs up Re: ~*~*~*~WDE SATURDAY 10th JANUARY~*~*~*~

Hi Ruth: Love your invitation!
Thank you for volunteering to Host this weekends WDE 1/10/04. Your invitation looks wonderful I'm excited about going to 'The English Country Show' threw your images.
I know what you must be feeling about now but you will do a wonderful job. So please ALL let's be very very patient while Ruth gets her thread and images up for us on Saturday. As we all are learning our way around the new system we're all in the same boat.
Ruth if I can help please let me know along with sundiver and Drumbeat-trish.
Kathy
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2004, 03:44 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States
Re: ~*~*~*~WDE SATURDAY 10th JANUARY~*~*~*~

Never been to an English country fair...looking forward to it!

Charter Member of Silver Chord Art Guild
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2004, 06:47 PM
A Local Legend
Portland OR

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyin
Never been to an English country fair...looking forward to it!
What a lovely healthy british cow! I will be there
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 04:34 AM
A WC! Legend
Hereford, England

Hails from England

Kathy, I'm still not sure how everything will work on Saturday, I'm begging Scott to give us the uploader back so I can continue the job I started, but I don't think it'll happen. If not, there'll be a hotchpotch of methods to get to the pictures!

Dyin, Celestia, I look forward to seeing what you make of my pictures Celestia, I wouldn't call my beast a cow, he might get annoyed, and you wouldn't like him when he's angry! lol

Ruth

My RedBubble*~*~*~*~*My Photos*~*~*~*~*My work on Etsy *~*~*~*~*MY WEBSITE! (Please sign the guestbook.)
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Oregon USA

Hails from United States

Well, I plan to join y'all this Saturday. Ruth, my heart goes out to you for hosting this event during a week of sometimes maddening transition. Reminds me of that old maxim:

"Just when I figured out the answers, they changed the questions!"

I'm sure that all will go well under your direction. As somebody's mama used to say, 'It'll all come out in the wash'.

"Whatever you want, give!!"

Photos taken with Minolta Dimage A1 digital.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 12:58 PM
A Local Legend
High Desert, AZ.

Hails from United States
Lightbulb Re: ~*~*~*~WDE SATURDAY 10th JANUARY~*~*~*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmum
Kathy, I'm still not sure how everything will work on Saturday, I'm begging Scott to give us the uploader back so I can continue the job I started, but I don't think it'll happen. If not, there'll be a hotchpotch of methods to get to the pictures!

Dyin, Celestia, I look forward to seeing what you make of my pictures Celestia, I wouldn't call my beast a cow, he might get annoyed, and you wouldn't like him when he's angry! lol

Ruth
Hi Ruth:
The 'Uploader' will be coming back as per 'Scott' WC Administrator when I don't know. Also my plan would be to start the WDE thread add five images with an explanation 'More Images To Come' (let us know in the first thread how many images you plan). Then start your second post add five more images and just keep posting until you reach the end of your images.
Ruth we will ALL be very patient while you post your WDE thread and images.
Those who have Hosted a WDE understand how much effort one puts into each one. So we're here for you!
Kathy

Last edited by MKathleen : 01-07-2004 at 01:01 PM.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 01:06 PM
A WC! Legend
Hereford, England

Hails from England

Gary, I know, I'll manage, everyone else did! Glad you're joining in!

Kathy, yes, I will do that, I do want to add links to the larger images if anyone wants to use them, I know I often wish I could see more detail of a small area of a ref. pic (like your sewing machine). Thanks

Ruth

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2004, 06:59 PM
A Local Legend
High Desert, AZ.

Hails from United States

Hi All--Just me bringing madmum's thread back to the top--don't want anyone to miss out!
Kathy
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2004, 09:15 PM
East Coast Canada

Hails from Canada
Thumbs up Re: ~*~*~*~WDE SATURDAY 10th JANUARY~*~*~*~

Looks like fun!
And we'll be very patient! Even if WC decides to go offline (like it did once last year just when the Drawing Event was going to start) we'll just keep checking until it comes back.

my virtual gallery
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2004, 10:17 PM
ON

Hails from Canada

tvym for the invitation, i'll be there for SURE!
i've never been across the see, so i'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures and chosing, it's going to be difficult i'm sure.
your effort putting this together is greatly appreciated!!!

dislikes: lack of sleep
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Immortalized
New York

Hails from United States

Hello Ruth. I'll do my best to be there! This is my first one and I'm a bit fuzzy on the rules.

...Is there a time limit? Are there any medium restrictions? When should the results be posted?

Sorry about the newby questions. _Joel

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2004, 05:10 PM
A WC! Legend
Hereford, England

Hails from England

Hi Joel, welcome to the WDE! The rules will be included when I post the images, but I'll give you a brief explanation

You have 1/2 an hour to choose your image, and set up your materials, after I have posted all the images.

You then have 2 hours to work on your chosen image. You can use the whole image, or any part thereof, to provide your inspiration. If you don't finish the work in 2 hours, take a photo/scan of what you have done and post it here in the WC! gallery (include WDE and the date in the title). You can always continue working and post the results when you have finished.

There are no medium restrictions at all, watercolor, oils, acrylics, digital art, pastels, mixed media, collage, finger painting, glass (oh I wish somebody would be brave and try that!), ANYTHING GOES!

After the 2 hours some people go to the cafe guerbois chat room for a natter.

Basically this is about having fun!

Ruth

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Immortalized
New York

Hails from United States

Thanks Ruth! You have been very helpful. _Joel

#15   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2004, 06:01 PM
A WC! Legend
Hereford, England

Hails from England

Joel you are very welcome!

I just looked through just a few of your threads and I must say I can hardly wait to see what you make of my photographs!

Ruth