WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2001, 11:24 AM
West Coast of Ireland

Hails from Ireland
Talking and another as I get a bit more confident

and another one for you all to tell me what you think. I'm getting more confient at this now. I loooove it.

Please let me know I can take it. I would rather have my sunflowers than this though.

Responses appreciated by this newbie.
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2001, 11:32 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Niagara Region, Canada

Hails from Canada
This is a very nice composition Karma_Angel. Once again, I like the way you have used your colours. Might be even better if a little of the ochre colour was used in the hills on the right.

If you could shorten some of the brush strokes on the hills in the background, I think this would be a jaw-dropper!

Is this a view of somewhere near where you live? If so, lucky you!

K
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2001, 11:39 AM
West Coast of Ireland

Hails from Ireland
Thank you for your feedback, I very much appreciate it. Yes I live here, this is very near my house. I live on the west coast of Ireland, so getting colour right in the painting can be a problem, days are so very wet and dull here and the light changes so quickly. But I love Ireland. The sceenery is beautiful. Thank you again.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2001, 11:55 AM
A WC! Legend
toronto, ontario, canada

an irish cezanne yogi?
nice stuff.
I like this better than the sunflower
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2001, 06:12 PM
Enthusiast
Illinois

Hails from United States
Welcome to the forum. We need to see a little more depth. You carried the same values in the foreground back to the horizon.

You have such a beautiful country and a very scenic coastline. If I could, I would take a note pad, camera, acrylic paint set and a picnic lunch and set up a position along side the rockiest, surf pounding place along the coast from sun up to sunset and capture every changing mood of the ocean and atmosphere on camera, on note pad and on canvas board. Then I would go home and paint a masterpiece and submit it to this forum.

At first glance I thought you were Karamel Apple....bob