WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2003, 04:58 PM
In the Rockies of SW Montana.

Hails from United States
Montana painters

I know I am NOT the only one in Montana who is addicted to painting... Is anyone in Montana interested in getting together to paint, share ideas and lessons learned.

Give a holler. As I've seen on J. Harris' posts, "have paint, will travel"... Thing is I was born under a wandering star and I don't mind traveling... I have a plastic basket sitting in the back seat that is always packed with an old towel, baby wipes and an assortment of pastels.

Tap ;~D
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
Hi Tap. Welcome to the Forum, if I lived in or near Montana I'd be pleased to go painting with, but there's this darn big puddle in the way.

Hang in there, someone will come along soon and I'm sure.

Mo.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2003, 06:32 PM

Hails from United States
Move the puddle...

Hi Mo,

Thank you for the welcome. And you could just scoop up the puddle in a bucket and bring it with... we'll need the water for painting and the ranchers here would absolutely love you. Soooo, you are hereby invited to visit Montana, and in specific, my corner of it. Start saving your pennies, start making plans... come for a seminar in the Seattle area and then zip on over here.

I've been working on getting ready to paint. LOL Yeah, yeah, I know, get off the danged computer and put paper to pastel and post the results...

The thing is that I have this digital camera with dead batteries... something told me to move stuff and I'd find what I was looking for. So I organized my art table, no luck, I started on the dresser, then decided my room would be bigger if I moved the bed AND the dresser... Guess what I found on the dresser... yup! Battery charger. Now I can go paint while the batteries are charging and I can post the results.

The bed is settled, the dresser too, I've got pastels and paper, I'm all set. Woo hoo.

Tap ;~D
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2003, 06:44 PM
A WC! Legend
The Rockies, Montana, USA

Hails from United States
WELCOME, Tap

I 'm up here in the North country near Glacier PArk......

good to see another Montanan here

There is also artbabe and Rstem

Other than that, no other folks from these parts.....
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2003, 06:59 PM

Hails from United States
Thank you, Pam.

It's hard to believe that there are so FEW smart people in here who live in Montana. We're just gonna have to mount a campaign to convert them over...

#1 rule is to never ever let them know it is two and a half hours to the nearest mall...

#2 rule is to tell them about the wonderful temps in the high mountain valley I live in and not the frosty snowy area you live in. LOL...

Oh well, guess that means there isn't a lot of competition at all the best painting sites in Montana... But then in a state this big, we have a gazillion best painting sites, don't we.

I am so happy to have finally found this web site!!!

Tap ;~D
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2003, 07:01 PM
A WC! Legend
So. California

Hails from United Nations
Quote:
Originally posted by pampe
Other than that, no other folks from these parts.....

How do you figure that, Pam? When I do an advanced search on WC members using just Montana in the location, I get a whole page o' folks. True, some are not active, but they might respond to an email about getting together and perhaps they'd even come back to the fold!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2003, 07:14 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
Re: Move the puddle...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tap
Hi Mo,

Thank you for the welcome. And you could just scoop up the puddle in a bucket and bring it with... we'll need the water for painting and the ranchers here would absolutely love you. Soooo, you are hereby invited to visit Montana, and in specific, my corner of it. Start saving your pennies, start making plans... come for a seminar in the Seattle area and then zip on over here.

I've been working on getting ready to paint. LOL Yeah, yeah, I know, get off the danged computer and put paper to pastel and post the results...

The thing is that I have this digital camera with dead batteries... something told me to move stuff and I'd find what I was looking for. So I organized my art table, no luck, I started on the dresser, then decided my room would be bigger if I moved the bed AND the dresser... Guess what I found on the dresser... yup! Battery charger. Now I can go paint while the batteries are charging and I can post the results.

The bed is settled, the dresser too, I've got pastels and paper, I'm all set. Woo hoo.

Tap ;~D

Heehee Tap it all sounds so darn marvellous, will have to have a lottery win first, but keep those fingers crossed for me.

You sound as so disorganized, that over here we would say you wouldn't be able to organise a booze up in a brewery!

Your not a blonde by any chance? LOL!

Hey know what you mean you should see where I work, talk about clutter, but then if your not in a mess you are not working that's what I say anyway!

Ranchers hey? Young and brawny or old and scrawny?

Mo
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-04-2003, 11:42 PM

Hails from United States
Danged hard to paint with fingers crossed Mo, but I'll work on it with good thoughts... oh wait, generally sit with legs or feet crossed, that will do. Just don't forget to buy the ticket!!!

And I resent that remark about my organisational skills!!! I'll have you know I've organised SEVERAL very successful boose-ups in and out of the breweries. I may not be much of a drinker, but having fun I can do. LOL I just walk around saying, "isn't it time for a trip to the Pub?" and before you know it we are there... A gal has to have her priorities, you know. As you know, I've been looking for pastel lessons... Well... At a recent party with my friends they set out to provide me with drinking lessons. LOL

Me, Blonde? nope... tho til I was about 8, I used to picture myself as one... so maybe they were out of blonde hair the day the order for me was received... And I was gonna ask if YOU are a blonde....

There are only so many hours in the day, if I can't remember to eat, I can't be expected to do housework either... LOL Now if the cat would only cooperate, he's here more than I am!!! Funny how he has his own room and it is neater than mine and he chooses to sleep in my room. He's even got his blanket pulled over so he can sleep ON the portion of the heat duct that he hasn't covered over with his blanket.

Ranchers? Young & brawny and old and scrawny.... uhm, wait, let me think, I haven't gotten past looking at their magnificent derrieres in their jeans... LOL... and now that I think of it, these guys are the real thing, they are working cowboys! And it is soooooo true what the romance novels say about that kind of hard work building a better HARD body than they can get in a gym... ooooo-la-la... uhm, is it getting HOT in here???

Got a new question for you... granted I'm lousy at drawing portraits and anatomy... but uhm, if you saw one of these gorgeous guys how would one of you ask him to be your model??? And I need LOTS and LOTS of practice!!! Did you see my bullrider that I posted in the When White isn't White discussion? You might like that...

Tap ;~D
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-05-2003, 12:55 AM
A WC! Legend
Seattle

Hails from United States
Tap,

Send me a ticket and I'll be right up. I can't think of a more beautiful state except for perhaps Alaska - oh and Washington State is quite nice too - but oh those BIG SKIES in MT.

YOu are lucky to live in such a magnificent area. I'm ready to teach - just coax me a bit and I may just have to find a way up to those parts.... I have the cowboy hat but missing the boots and spurs.

Barb

www.MorninNoonanNight.com
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-05-2003, 04:59 PM
A WC! Legend
The Rockies, Montana, USA

Hails from United States
no no

Barb...I wanna come to SF for your class....you just come here for a vacation
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-05-2003, 07:12 PM

Hails from United States
How about if Barb brings her supplies and comes on a painting vacation and we SHARE the experience of painting together? And if we can be sure there won't be any earthquakes, I'll go to SF too to take a class. We could get REAL seafood, think of it Pam!!! REAL, and FRESH in the same menu description!!!! and on top of taking a painting class... life can't get much better.

Barb, I've got TWO cowboy hats, the boots, but no spurs. I'm still looking for the cowboy. Thought I had one, but must not have tied the knots tight enough, he broke free and ran away... I got a "no time" in the score.

The sky this morning was so wonderful, shades of red, violet & blue and tonight it is probably 4 or 5 shades of blue with gray and white clouds handing over the mountains. But the light faded too fast, I couldn't get it on paper before it was totally gone.

Tap ;~D