Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting The Technical Forum EFL-17 Lightfast Yellow (Fluorescent Pigment)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Richard P

This can’t be really lightfast… can it?

https://www.dayglo.com/fileshare/tech/EFL17.pdf

Gigalot

This pigment has lightfastness index 7-8 in blue wool scale. That indicates a very good to exellent lightfastness.

Richard P

I agree. But I thought that so far all Fluorescent pigments (or dyes) were very poor in lightfastness.

Gigalot

I agree. But I thought that so far all Fluorescent pigments (or dyes) were very poor in lightfastness.

Unless it is inorganic mixed oxide used as Luminophore for LED diodes.

Richard P

I’m not sure why this thread I started has become a sticky one since the site move.

I’ve had to create a whole new account to get back into the new site.

fingertrouble

Some flouro must be lightfast, otherwise stuff like the visivest I was given and hung up in my rooom would have faded in the light. And it hasn’t noticeably (incidentally it’s the same yellow)

Watercolour, Life drawing/painting, pen work, portraits and oils. Getting back into the groove! https://www.tjbaker.co.uk
                            OMG

Do you think it can be used in oil painting? btw can’t find where to buy it?

k.

www.nomeansmore.com (Viewer discretion is advised)

null and void

I’m not sure why this thread I started has become a sticky one since the site move. I’ve had to create a whole new account to get back into the new site.

That is strange. I clicked the “report” button to alert a moderator to turn off the sticky setting. It didn’t give me an option to enter any comments, simply stating after clicking that it was reported for inappropriate content. What the heck?  :wacko:

Un-stuck thread.

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                                    Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.