Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nha63

I wanted some small, relatively uncomplicated projects so I wouldn’t have to leave a painting half done when the holidays hit. I used a photo from the ‘Artists’ Photo Reference’ book series; mostly my usual arsenal, except it’s purplish gray Colourfix, and the purple colors are Art Spectrum pastels as well. It’s small, 8×10; the colors are a bit more saturated in ‘person’. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for looking. Happy holidays, all. Neal

water girl

Happy Holidays, Neal! This is lovely! I’m going to mention a tiny suggestion to think about. What if you pulled a few more touches of your dark violet into the shadows on the leaves? I think a see some, but a few more would work. And think about a few touches of the light green in the yellow of the pansies. Keep it subtle. Be sure to think about it before touching your painting.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Ron

Very nice! I like this. I was seriously thinking the exact thing as Karen regarding shadows on leaves….just a tiny bit….

franglais

Wow! The pansies really POP against that dark background! Beautiful painting!
                    Mike

Donna T

Beautifully done, especially when the earth is covered in snow in our part of the world! I like Karen’s thoughts; a few subtle touches would increase the illusion that bright light is bouncing around and reflecting colors everywhere.

Donna
                        C&C Always Welcome

I get a nice, calm feeling looking at this image. Well done, Neal. And Happy Holidays to you as well.

John

Life is but a Dream

ScarlettRose

Beautiful Pansies.

Cheers Rosie.

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” ― Pablo Picasso
                            [/COLOR][FONT="Verdana"]:wink2:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.