Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Outside the Lines Chat Thread ` July 2019

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    frida

Today is Canada Day! Happy 152nd Birthday Canada!!! And happy celebrations for all Canadians and friends… :clap:

Belated THANKS Claudia for my June B’Day. I didn’t imagine that I’d live this long, but now that I am here I feel like that T-shirt I saw once: “I have so many things I want to do that I’ll never die…”:cat:

Hot and sunny here, but not that bad as in Europe, “only” 26 C (feeling like 30 with the Humidex) – the gardens are luxurious right now (our patio is still a disaster area without an able gardener/helper), but the squirrels love it, and we love seeing our American Goldfinches enjoying the sunflower seeds in the feeder… It seems strange that already the days are a little bit shorter everyday!

Enjoy your summer!!!

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Robin

Happy July! Looking forward to the 4th, we’re going down to visit with my son, his wife and grandson. On tap is helping them build the end of their dock, just an extra set of hands kind of help.

I’ll probably just supervise, not a fan of getting into water where crabs hang out!!!!

Robin

frida

Happy 4th of July, American Friends!!! :wave:

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Robin

So what they needed was demolition of the old dock kind of help and that was easy, I didn’t get into the water, just was a mule with a wheelbarrow carrying away debis and the menfolks walked amongst the baby crabs.

I pulled off the baby oysters that were stuck on the bottom of the decaying styrofoam floats, I hope that worked, but couldn’t find any real info on it!

Also their part of town had a wonderful 4th of July celebration, really enjoyed all the effort and fun for such a small place!

Robin

frida

You never know how things can happen…! Hubby is in hospital again, but recovering faster this time. I expect being able to get him back tomorrow.

Would you please get the July Chat up there Elaine, so we don’t lose the small response we are getting? A million thanks… :cool:

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Pingpongfan

The groundhogs are getting bigger and eating some of my shrubs. They seem to be quite fussy about the shrubs they eat. The rabbit is still around. I see it in my neighbours garden from time to time. In a front garden up the road I see a white rabbit and a black and white one periodically. The wild ones are usually brown, so I wonder where these two came from and if they will make it through the winter. I have one squirrel that has brown fur from the tip of his tail and halfway up his body. The top half of his body and his head has black fur. This is the first two-tone squirrel I have seen. All the other squirrels in our garden are either black or grey. To complete the menagerie I have a chipmunk and then, of course, there are the birds. I do put birdseed in the feeder for the birds but the rest just take care of themselves.
                            I hope your husband is home from the hospital, Raquel, and feeling better.
                            Vena

ocmd123

Thank you, Raquel!! This summer has taken on a life of its own. Most days I’m not even sure what day it is! I’m trying to squeeze art time in whenever I can, which hasn’t been much.
                                Robin, where does your son live? Anywhere with a dock sounds great!
                                Raquel, I hope your husband is home and on the mend. My husband has been busy helping his mother recover from a hospital stay.
                                Vena, my deer are starting to take a toll on my hostas. I spray them occasionally, but we’ve gotten so much rain, which washes off the spray. I’m soon going to throw in the towel! And I’ve completely given up on weeding! Haha!

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                                Instagram

Save

KaySilver

Hi all!

Raquel, I’m sorry to hear that your hubby has been in hospital. I hope his recovery is continuing.

Life here is very quiet. After a few better months I’ve been unwell again, so having tests etc, but in good spirits and not feeling too bad. I have to sit with my feet up a lot, so I’m still doing colouring books, which are ideal in front of the TV. Wimbledon has been underway here, so I’ve been watching lots of that.

I’m enjoying reading what everyone is up to and what’s happening in your gardens and yards! I wonder if the black and white rabbits are escapees, or maybe dumped? :( I’ve never heard of a two-tone squirrel. Are the babies a different colour to the adults? If so, could it be a juvenile midway through the change?

Our tiny mini-meadow has been in full bloom, choc-full of cornflowers, poppies and corn marigolds. Now that there are old seed-heads from spent flowers, the goldfinches come to eat them. It’s lovely to see them.

Have a lovely weekend everyone! :)

frida

Thank you all for your good wishes…! :heart: He is back home, improving slowly.

Somehow he recovered faster this time, but it has been very difficult for me for some reason. On top of that I am struggling with a “Smartphone for Dummies”. I call it that because all I learned about psychology by now feels like a child’s play, but the Smartphone is not my brain’s friend, meaning I am feeling like an old dummy! Arghhhh! :rolleyes:

Talking about the brain, has anyone been reading about Neuroplasticity? Fascinating advance for science!!! :cool:

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Pingpongfan

It is so hot and humid here. Unbearable. Anybody else melting?
                                            Vena

ocmd123

Yep!! It finally broke last night. Storms rolled through with a cold front. High of 78 degrees today. Woohoo!!

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                                                Instagram

Save

frida

We are having very hot days, but memories of the last winter make this sound like Paradise…! Forecast for this week is mainly sunny, all temps below 30 C, and cool nights!!! :)

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

frida

I had an appointment today in the early afternoon, and it felt like 37 C (98.6 F for you Elaine!!! :eek: ) out there with the Humidex… Good the appointment was held with A/C, of course!

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.