Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk **Daily Wash Friday 31st May 2019**

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    shipbroker

Morning All.

Absolute rubbish night,slept in 20 minute slots,at best,so am up.

Eye injection first thing otherwise see what the weather does.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

I hope you dozed off again Geoff. I had a short night’s sleep too.

Up early and showered, it’s my trip to the Cotswolds today, I catch the coach at 8 am just outside the estate. Bach around 6.30pm.

Thin cloud here, forecast to be warm in the Cotswolds.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shipbroker

Slept in chair 0430 till 0600! Best sleep of night.

Enjoy the Cotswolds,we did at Easter.

Geoff

doppler

Good evening all.

Last day of autumn here and it is finally cold. Stop sniggering northern people. One town in Queensland bottomed out at -6.1.

Given the dreams of summer have come to fruition, I cleaned the fireplace. After ripping down the side of my little finger I thought pooh I’ll put on another jumper. After dressing it of course.

At present I’m fit for a vicar’s tea party.

:wave:

Annie
                "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                Steven Wright
                My Flickr Site

:wave:

Good evening all :)

Ellen I hope the wedding goes smoothly. Your day is sure well planned. Looking forward to photos. Give Ash my love, and wish him well. :heart:

I had a lovely lunch with Tania, only the two of us, Alan was working, and Elise was in a lecture at Uni.
                I gave her her gifts, and then a small birthday cake which she held while I sung her happy birthday. I video’d it. :D

[antv]bU0MorX5D4E[/antv]

Got to go make my supper.

Later

:grouphug:

JJ
                Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                MY BLOG
                My Youtube videos

Que Sera

Morning Doug and Geoff. Enjoy your day out, Doug.

Annie, your turn of phrase makes me laugh.

JJ, charming video.

Ellen, looking forward to hearing all about the wedding.

We have a young friend from church coming to eat with us tonight so I will have to clear the dining room of art stuff 🙁.

Take care everyone.

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

shipbroker

Raining,but warm here….didn’t have eye injection owing to a possibility of an infection,which could be serious…deferred till later in year.

geoff

Bill

Good day all,

A sunny day today.

Doug, hope you’re having a great tour of the Cotswolds. It was crowded when I was there.

JJ, cute!

Geoff, too bad about the possible infection.

A good day to work outside today.
                            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Sunshine, nice weather day with a high of 22C.

More cleaning with vinegar. On Monday I am going for eye check up and if I am allowed to garden the “cleaning” will have to change for a few days, the weeds are everywhere.

Geoff, first of all I truly hope all is well with your eye and secondly YUCK about your sleep.

JJ, what a cute video of Tania!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her!!!!!

Doug, wishing you a wonderful day!!

Kay, yesterday for your birthday I forgot to mention that I wish you good acting opportunities!!!!!:crossfingers:

Steve, I hope all is well with you and Lisa and that you are just too busy to check in.

Ellen, no matter where you are, you are still busy busy:)

QS, it can be good to have visitors to get our household back to where it should be:)

Annie, any time, anywhere it should be forbidden for winter to be called WINTER if it is warm enough to grow things.

:wave: Uschi

Good Morning from sunny, yes, you read that correct… sunny SW of Ontario! We almost felt the need to protect our eyes from the brilliance… but, knowing it will be short lived with rain predicted tomorrow, we’re braving the light.

We’ll be planting the flowers in our porch pots today. Ted will do the wall hangers and I’ll do the terra cotta pots. Then, we just have to power wash the deck and bring up the lawn furniture from the basement.

I will make a quick run to the grocery store, needing milk and butter. I’ve been buying unsalted butter because, of course, Ted cannot have the sodium. Frankly, I hate the stuff. I rarely use much butter, but now I don’t use it at all for myself because I just don’t like it. Minor irritations in life.

I’ve nearly finished my rose painting. I am pretty happy with where it’s going. I found a decorated bottle of hand wash while shopping at Giant Tiger, lately, and it’s covered with peach roses. :lol: The painting and the soap will match.

Now that the trees are fully leafed out, our internet is virtually non-existent. It takes several attempts to get anything to load, or post. A tech was here yesterday and made adjustments, which have actually made things worse. He’s coming out again this afternoon. This is a great way to avoid all social media. Frustrating beyond belief, though… :)

Ellen, wishing the very best for Ash’s wedding. :heart:

((Geoff)) I hope you can snag a good nap today! What a shame about your possible infection.

Have fun during your coach tour today, Doug and Ruth.

Annie, since I can imagine how much that finger ripping hurts, I shuddered on your behalf. And all cleaned up, I’m sure you look mahvelus!! :)

JJ, with my internet problems, I can’t view your video. Wish I could. Happy Birthday to Tania.

QS, so many of us will relate to having to clear the dining room table in order to eat there! Enjoy your visit and meal together with your friend.

Hi Bill and all yet to come… and all who’ve no doubt posted while I’m trying to get my comments to appear online. Have a great day Everyone!!! :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Uschi, I :lol: about the definition of Winter. Because you’re 100% right! I’m always so jealous of all the things our DownUnders grow during “winter”.

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Good morning. Hot and sunny with clouds drifting by with a slight chance of pop up showers. We had a mild winter, just a few cold spells and no ice/snow, and we are already into summer here.

This morning we are taking my car in for it’s semi-annual oil change. I don’t put enough miles on my car to warrant oil changes every three months. Then to Ikea to try to exchange a broken telescoping table leg that will not lock in place.

Uschi, I guess we are to be considered one of those areas since we can grow pansies, flowering cabbages, and my magnolia tree does not lose it leaves in the winter. When I look out my patio doors, I can see my magnolia’s deep green against the brown grass. Always cheers me up nicely.

Char, I thought it was only me who hated unsalted butter. Is olive oil too salty to use instead of butter. Amy brought home a devine bottle of olive oil from Spain, and I used that instead of butter for about three months. It was delicious. EDIT: I just looked it up, olive oil has no sodium. You might consider using a high-grade one to use in the place of salted butter.

Geoff, :grouphug: I hope you do not have an infection in your eye. :grouphug:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday. Off to eat breakfast and then to get ready for our day’s adventure.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                                "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

:wave: Sunny here too, is a lovely day! Am a bit stunned after all the preparations this week, and realized I have to scramble around to tidy up as I have a visitor from the States for the weekend. She’s not staying with me, no room, but it would be rude to be unable to invite her up for a visit. Have rather let things go for a while :eek:

Thanks again for the comments about the photos, it’s been an interesting year getting all this ready.

A hazard of housework, Annie! I ripped my thumb picking up one of the pictures on Tuesday, was bleeding on the carpet without realizing it for a moment. My son fixed me up with band aid and commented that it was the first time he’d had to do that for me, always been the other way around :)

Sorry you have the connection woes Char, hope you find a solution. This should be a better version of the Light in the Forest (the presence of the spring sun is deliberate)

Lovely little video JJ! Congratulations to her. My kids will be 53 and 55 this year, I agree, how did that happen :lol:

Take it easy with that ‘cleaning’ Uschi! It will still be there when you get the all clear :grouphug:

Enjoy the wedding Ellen, it sounds all very well organized :)

I like olive oil on bread too Nancy! Although I often use coconut oil with a little salt too.

Safe travels, Doug!

Lovely photo Sharon!

Hi Bill, Geoff, QS and all to come, hope your days go well.

:heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                                www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                                "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Tracy2000

Good morning all –

Foggy here (!), but 76 expected by end of the afternoon and that’s the weekend forecast as well. Sounds mild, but I just don’t like “hot” anymore and 76 is more than warm enough for me (which means a long, too-hot summer ahead).

I went out and wrestled blackberry vines last night. I will never, ever win against them. At some point in the past, some had rooted near the rhodies and there are HUGE root balls (clusters? whatever!) that I’m not strong enough to dig out myself, plus, I suspect they are so entertwined with the rhodie root systems, it would involve killing them as well. I just cut down to the ground. Repeat as needed. The neighbor on the other side has an empty lot there. They mow the whole darn lot EXCEPT for a strip of blackberries. The only thing I can figure is that they use it as a “natural” fence to keep potential intruders from getting near the back of their house. But I constantly have blackberry vines trying to grow over/under the fence in that spot. Last year I had to cut one of my rhodies WAY back (too much as it turns out – poor thing is trying to recover) just so that I can get to that part of the fence area to prune.

Anyway…it was the first time this year I’ve tackled it so it will be easier now. Uschi, I am feeling you on the weed front! All of my stuff has had a serious head start on me!

No firm weekend plans here, but my sister’s birthday is next week so I may go visit the studio of a jewelry artist she really likes and pick something out for her.

Doug, I hope you are having fun in the Cotswolds!

JJ, I’ll watch the video later, but it sounds like you had a lovely lunch and visit with Tania.

Wow Geoff, that sounds kind of serious with the infection in your eye – I assume they’ll be following up on that some more to make sure it clears up?

Nancy, are you into the Swedish meatball lunch when you visit IKEA? I used to live just 10 minutes from the Seattle IKEA and during long, rainy spells, I’d go to IKEA on a Sunday and “hike” the store and have lunch there. :-)

Lynn, I’m really enjoying seeing your art work!

Char, did your trees just grow that much more this year, or did a winter storm alter the alignment on your dish? I’m glad you are getting at least a brief spell of sun. I’ve been reading reports on how far behind the farmers are this year and am regretting this is the year I decided not to have a vegetable garden. It’s probably not too late for me to put in a few things if I get motivated this weekend. (at least green beans and then I can put up dilly beans for Christmas from my own harvest)

Greetings to everyone else – and sending good thoughts toward Memphis for Steve and Lisa!

~Tracy
                                    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.”. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tracy, We are about 20 minutes away from Ikea depending on the traffic. I hate meatballs in any way and shape and form. It is right there with meatloaf. John and I both agree on that. The best is the hotdog lunch, drink, and chips deal for a few dollars. We have eaten upstairs a few times. You get a great workout walking through both layers.

Car is getting worked on with a rotation of the tires, and my service guy is giving me a special discount. Cannot beat this Kia dealership. Ironically, the owner is the son of my ex’s old boss. I have dealt with them since the late 70s.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                                    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.