Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes 3 Little Cottages

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Aussiesrus

”Scotsdale Cottage” – Oil on Canvas – 12” x 16”

”Garden Colors” – Oil on Canvas – 12” x 16”

”Colorful Cottage” – 12” x 16”

C & C’s – Always Welcome – Thanks for Looking

Michael

michaelcartwrightart.com.au
        https://bluethumb.com.au/michael-cartwright
        I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DRUNK I AM

Bizzibee

As I always say Michael, you are amazingly productive. I love all your little cottages: they must be so typical of the area. I love the compositions, the semi-abstract style, the tree colours in all of them and the bluey-greys in the second. The third is my favourite. It is just a wonderful combination of colours: the rich red roof and the super greens and the flashes of red flowers. Excellent!

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

oldnmartist

I particularly like the third one.

Everything else being equal, I would rather be in the painting zone.

CaliAnn

I think your cottages are my favorites of your paintings – they are so full of magic and charm – they are almost fairy tale like without the cliche – never seen better cottages by anyone else. I would love to have one of them hanging on my wall. All 3 are special to my eye

Dorrart

Your style is very evident. The brushwork in and around the trees, your delicate, yet strong and interesting colors, your atmospheres all look uniquely yours. Nice.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

Reddyman

Love the bold, well placed brushwork, all of them are just beautifully accomplished.
                            John

Ohiohawk97

Beautifully painted! I like the way the cottages are delicately tucked behind those fantastic trees and bushes…

Wes

Nice Michael. I also lean towards the last. I think the pattern of the darks pull the painting together so well. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Arnie

A lovely set of painting as usual Michael. I notice a change in your style with these – brisker , more open, less finished. Its working for me, particularly the first.
                                    Arnie

I like the middle one best. The trees and grass are so subtle.

Donna T

Your cottages are always charming, Michael, and these are no exception! I couldn’t pick a favorite; each one has its own personality, tucked in among its distinctive vegetation.

Donna
                                        C&C Always Welcome

Aussiesrus

Thankyou – for your inspiring comments Biz – Cottages are my favorite subject. Always have been.

Thankyou –oldmartist Appreciated !

Cali – Re – they are so full of magic and charm – they are almost fairy tale like without the cliche – never seen better cottages by anyone else – Your comments certainly inspire me to paint more cottages – Appreciated !

dorrart – I think we all have a ‘style’ to some degree – Perhaps the more we paint the more it develops – Thankyou for your comments.

John [Reddyman] – There is a little ‘lean oil’ mixed into those brushstrokes in an attempt to get more ‘fluidity’ happening. Hope it worked – Much Appreciated !

Thanks Wes – I use the garden bushes to ‘break the lines’ of the cottages – A composition strategy which, hopefully, directs attention to other, designated areas of interest – Much Appreciated !

Thanks Gary – I usually like to ‘connect the dark values’ in an attempt to carry the eye along – Appreciated !

Arnie – Re – I notice a change in your style with these – brisker , more open, less finished. – My intentions exactly – Thanks Arnie !

Artmarkie – Re – I like the middle one best – My wife’s favorite also – Many Thanks.

Many Thanks – Donna !

Michael.

Charming, love them all!

Heather AKA Lucy12
                                            https://www.heatherrossbach.com
                                            https://www.instagram.com/heatherrossbachart/
                                            https://www.facebook.com/heatherrossbachart/?modal=admin_todo_tour

Aussiesrus

Thanks so much – Heather !

Michael.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.