Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects "What are you working on?" – March – April 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Triduana

Continuing from this thread :wave:

This is a place where you can share your progress on any of your artwork – it doesn’t have to be animal or wildlife related, it can be anything at all! Feel free to post your progress pictures (or ‘sneak peeks’ if you’re working on the A&W challenge), or just talk about your work, offer encouragement, or share your plans for the month. You don’t have to include pictures if you just want to tell us what you’re up to!

Over to you! :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Thank you, Kay, for starting this discussion of encouragement. I am planning to paint pictures of individual plants from my photographs. And continue the same or similar plants throughout the year. Really simple stuff.

Thamaso Ma Jyothirgamaya.

Thanks , Kay. I’ve been shopping and walked Indy and am resting now. The pills I take to block pain receptors in my brain – my legs are dodgy – make me woozy.

I want to work on the leopard and, also, start a head-study of Nico, the Italian Greyhound.

Rainy earlier but the sun is out between clouds. It’s cold, though.

Penny
        I live in Wiltshire, England
        “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

beebluefern

I’m working on a series of birds that are native to South Carolina. Starting with our State Bird-The Carolina Wren. I’ve been working on this small pastel for a couple of days. It’s 8.5 x 8.5 inches on Uart 400 pastel paper. The pastels I’m using are Jackson’s, Yarka and Carbothello Pastel Pencils. From two photo references. As I’m working I’m taking progression shots for my own edification. Hopefully I will learn some things while working on these paintings.

CAROLINA WREN ON FORSYTHIA

Whatever you do, Do from the heart.
            Col. 3:23

Well done. Lovely palette. I like the background. Look I forward to seeing more.

Penny
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

beebluefern

Well done. Lovely palette. I like the background. Look I forward to seeing more.

Thank you! I hope to spend most of this month researching and painting these Backyard Birds. :)

It will keep you busy!

Penny

beebluefern

:thumbsup:

It will keep you busy!

beebluefern

Calling it a day and will work some more on this tomorrow!

beebluefern

I’m calling it finished as I worked well into the wee hours this morning on it and then some more when I woke up again! Sometimes it’s best to call it quits and do a “non finito” like Donatello! :lol: I’m quite happy with it and will take it to the framer soon!

CAROLINA WREN ON FORSYTHIA

It’s very pretty. Well done.

Penny

Triduana

Thanks for sharing your progress, Beebluefern! It’s a lovely painting, really pretty bird and I like how you framed it with the forsythia blooms (I love these flowers). I hope you share the series with us :thumbsup:

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

beebluefern

It’s very pretty. Well done.

Thank you, Penny!

beebluefern

Thanks for sharing your progress, Beebluefern! It’s a lovely painting, really pretty bird and I like how you framed it with the forsythia blooms (I love these flowers). I hope you share the series with us :thumbsup:

Thanks, Kay M. I’ll be sharing the series as I get them done. I’m still doing research and making sketches for composition for the next one.

Starting a picture of Nico, Italian Greyhound. Polychromos on a hot pressed watercolour paper

Penny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.