Home Forums Explore Media Digital Art BW art: RGB or Grayscale (when uploading on RedBubble etc.)?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    benleb

A question to artist who upload black and white (no color) images on sites such as RedBubble: Do you save your images in Grayscale mode (to avoid color shifts) or RGB? Thanks!

Elainepsq

Hi, Welcome!
            Sorry, I don’t have any experience with that site. I have things on Fine Art America and have always saved them as RGB, but then again, I don’t have anything that is Grayscale. Isn’t there anything in their instructions or any customer service that might help?

Thanks for posting this, this gives me an idea for a separate thread on these print on demand services.

antiki

I post on Redbubble, but I’m afraid I can’t be of help. I don’t even know what RGB stands for. Sorry!

I post on Redbubble, but I’m afraid I can’t be of help. I don’t even know what RGB stands for. Sorry!

Red Green Blue.. basically means.. colored image format vs a grayscale format (single channel)

There is no technical reason to do it in RGB if your image is grayscale.. an RGB image will contain NO information that is not in the grayscale image if it was balanced with only neutral values in a direct conversion.

Grayscale advantage is.. it is smaller.

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.